herald2

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  46
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  88
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

When Moses disobeyed the Lord and struck the rock, God charged him with unbelief. Num 20:12. when the children of Israel disobeyed the Lord, they were not able to enter the Promised Land, because of unbelief. Heb 3:19. Unbelief comes out of an evil heart. Heb 3:12.

Disobedience = Unbelief

Obedience = Faith

Rom 16:26 refers to "the obedience of faith."

"By faith Abraham...obeyed." Heb 11:8.

"Even so faith if it hath not works is dead, being alone. Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works. Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe and tremble. But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

Was not Abraham our father, JUSTIFIED BY WORKS when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?

Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and BY WORKS was faith made perfect?

And the Scripture was fulfilled which saith, ABRAHAM BELIEVED GOD, and it was imputed to him for righteousness: and he was called the friend of God...For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also." James 2.

God told Abraham to sacrifice his son, and Abraham was ready to be obedient to the voice of God. Obedience to the Word of God is true faith.

"Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law." Rom 3:31.

Elohiym commanded: "Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy." Ex 20:8.

Jesus said, "And these signs shall follow them that believe; In My name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; they shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick and they shall recover." Mk 16:17,18.

God is calling His sheep back to His Word and away from the traditions of the denominational system, which He calls, "The Mother of harlots." Rev 17. She has traded much of the Word of God for her traditions.

"And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, COME OUT OF HER, MY PEOPLE, that ye be not partakers of her sins ("the transgression of the law." 1 John 3:4) and that ye receive not of HER PLAGUES. For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities." (lawlessness) Rev 18:4,5.

Jesus said, "My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me." John 10:27.

How do we "Come out?" By doing as the Bereans: "These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the Word with all readiness of mind, searching the Scriptures daily, whether those things were so." Acts 17:11.

Let us embrace His Word, alone - Jesus is The Word of God. John 1:1. When we embrace His Word, we embrace Him.

"And He was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and His name is called The Word of God." Rev 19:13.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

In my opinion, unbelief can only be attained by someone who once believed.

The term "unbelievers" should not be used to describe lifelong athiests. They should be called nonbelievers.

My pet peeve of the day. :blink:

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  4,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  5

The term "unbelievers" should not be used to describe lifelong athiests. They should be called nonbelievers.

My pet peeve of the day. :whistling:

That would mean that thepeople who knew Jesus growing up must have believed in Him at one time but didn't after He began His ministry . . . .

Mt 13:58 And He did not many mighty works there because of their unbelief.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  02/04/1982

My pet peeve of the day. :whistling:

I'd have to agree with that too.

Unbelief refers to disobedience to God's Word, according to the Scripture.

Edited by herald2

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  692
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  03/02/1946

God commanded Moses to speak to the rock. The rock was symbolic of the Messiah (1 Corinthians 10:4). To speak to it would have shown who salvation comes from. The rock being struck once typified the cruxifixion and striking it twice the same as crucifying Christ twice. All we have to do is ask. That is what Moses was to do. But he ignored the instuctions God gave him and drew attention to himself and Aaron as if they were the source of the supply of water rather than God. Moses did not santify God, or set him apart as the source of salvation (the water). The punishment for this type transgression was the same as it will be in the future, denial to the promised land. Aaron was equally guilty because he had been given the instructions and did nothing to stop Moses disobedience.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  444
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  10/29/1966

There is not one law or one deed that can save us. Only by faith through His grace can we be saved. Once we are saved there is no law or deed we can do that will separate us from His grace. Jesus paid the law fully! Unless I can be fully pursued by the Holy Word of God, I will stand that Jesus paid it all!

Romans 8

Life through the Spirit

1Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, 2because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death. 3For what the law was powerless to do in that it was weakened by the sinful nature. God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful man to be a sin offering. And so he condemned sin in sinful man, 4in order that the righteous requirements of the law might be fully met in us, who do not live according to the sinful nature but according to the Spirit. 5Those who live according to the sinful nature have their minds set on what that nature desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires. 6The mind of sinful man is death, but the mind controlled by the Spirit is life and peace; 7the sinful mind is hostile to God. It does not submit to God's law, nor can it do so. 8Those controlled by the sinful nature cannot please God.

9You, however, are controlled not by the sinful nature but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ. 10But if Christ is in you, your body is dead because of sin, yet your spirit is alive because of righteousness. 11And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit, who lives in you.

12Therefore, brothers, we have an obligation

"A new heart also will I give you , and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

And I will put My Spirit within you and CAUSE YOU to walk in My statutes, and ye shall keep My judgments and do them." Ezek 36:26,27.

When His Spirit is within us, He empowers us to obey His Word - His law. That is what walking in His Spirit is all about. The Holy Spirit will never lead us into sin, or, "the transgression of the law." 1 John 3:4.

In Psalm 119, the word, "Word," is used, interchangeably with "statutes," "judgments," "precepts," "law," "commandments," "testimonies"...

His Word = His law.

Jesus said, "Not every one that saith, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of My Father which is in heaven.

MANY will say to Me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Thy name? and in Thy name have cast out devils? and in Thy name done many wonderful works?

And then will I profess unto them, I NEVER KNEW YOU: depart from Me, ye that work iniquity." (lawlessness) Mt 7:21-23.

"And hereby we do know that we know Him, IF we keep His commandments. He that saith, I KNOW HIM and keepeth not His commandments, is a LIAR and the Truth is not in him. But whoso keepeth His Word in him verily is the love of God perfected. He that saith he abideth in Him ought himself also so to walk, even as He walked." 1 John 2:3-6.

"Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law." 1 John 3:4.

"As far as the east is from the west, so far hath He removed our transgressions (of the law: 1 John 3:4) from us...To such as keep His Covenant and to those that remember His commandments to do them." Ps 103.

Covenants have conditions.

At the very end of the Book, the Apostle John wrote, "Blessed are they that do His commandments, that they may have RIGHT to the tree of life, AND MAY ENTER IN through the gates into the city." Rev 22:14.

Edited by herald2

• Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

Unbelief refers to disobedience to God's Word, according to the Scripture.

My point is to undo something, something must first be done. Perhaps the early translators did not have "non" as a prefix.

• Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

My pet peeve of the day. :th_praying:

But wouldn't that mean that the term unrepentant could only be used of those who once repented?