AlexanderBrown

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  160
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Why is it "taking of them and applying it to God words" instead of "putting all things including the notions of karma beneath Gods word where it belongs"

After all, anything like that that is controlled by God in the first place, false religions just see the same things we do and give credit where it doesn't belong. Whether they say "karma" "what goes around comes around" or some other phrase or word in a foreign language or in English, it's the same principle or notion........all of which come under Gods authority.

Because of association.

Who or what is "karma" associated with? Grab the average person on the street, and ask them. How many will say, "God"? How many will refer to the verse, "You reap what you sow"?

Also note that there is no grace nor mercy in karma. Karma leaves no room for repentance and forgiveness.

Likewise, karma is its own force. Although it may mimic a Biblical principle of reaping and sowing, it operates under a false pretext. And that is what makes it dangerous.

Because of WRONG association.

The notion of good begets good is genuine, applying it to a false god is wrong. Using the word "karma" without wrongly associating it with a false god is no more wrong than using Dec 25 as a celebration day for Christ's birth.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest lovinghim4ever

Once again . . . I am very thankful that GOD knows my heart.

I am very thankful that He knows when I say "karma" my heart means "you reap what you sow."

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  3,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Birthday:  05/16/1962

I am very thankful that He knows when I say "karma" my heart means "you reap what you sow."

Don't be so impressed with yourself here. :soapbox:

Ignorance is never a virtue.

Guest shiloh357
Why is it "taking of them and applying it to God words" instead of "putting all things including the notions of karma beneath Gods word where it belongs"

After all, anything like that that is controlled by God in the first place, false religions just see the same things we do and give credit where it doesn't belong. Whether they say "karma" "what goes around comes around" or some other phrase or word in a foreign language or in English, it's the same principle or notion........all of which come under Gods authority.

Because of association.

Who or what is "karma" associated with? Grab the average person on the street, and ask them. How many will say, "God"? How many will refer to the verse, "You reap what you sow"?

Also note that there is no grace nor mercy in karma. Karma leaves no room for repentance and forgiveness.

Likewise, karma is its own force. Although it may mimic a Biblical principle of reaping and sowing, it operates under a false pretext. And that is what makes it dangerous.

The notion of good begets good is genuine, applying it to a false god is wrong. Using the word "karma" without wrongly associating it with a false god is no more wrong than using Dec 25 as a celebration day for Christ's birth.

Wrong. There is absolutely no comparison in your example. Karma is a blatantly pagan concept. Karma cannot be divorced and used in any manner you see fit. Karma cannot be separated from the ideology and worldview that created it. Karma is entirely based on the notion that man can work His way to perfection, and is far, far, far more than "reaping what you sow."

Karma is meant to be a means of reward and punishment which as Neb said offers no grace or mercy, but also offers no standard by which to measure evil and is therefore, unjust as there is no means of establishing right from wrong. Bad Karma, furthermore, cann only be worked off in the next life, thus inextricablly linking it to the false teaching reincarnation.

You obviously don't have a clear grasp on the concept of Karma and what it means. You are in no position, therefore, to instruct us on it.

Guest shiloh357
Once again . . . I am very thankful that GOD knows my heart.

He also knows that you don't know what you are talking about.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  3,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Birthday:  05/16/1962

Karma is meant to be a means of reward and punishment which as Neb said offers no grace or mercy, but also offers no standard by which to measure evil and is therefore, unjust as there is no means of establishing right from wrong. Bad Karma, furthermore, cann only be worked off in the next life, thus inextricablly linking it to the false teaching reincarnation.

Yup. :laugh:

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  162
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,831
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Birthday:  03/23/1964

Karma has absolutely nothing to do with Biblical Christianity. And the only people who would tell you otherwise are those who seek to push some kind of new age teaching or philosophy.

The concept originated in Eastern mystical religious teachings, and is presented today as an alternative to Christianity.

It should be rejected.

Totally. :laugh:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  160
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Because of association.

Wrong. There is absolutely no comparison in your example. Karma is a blatantly pagan concept. Karma cannot be divorced and used in any manner you see fit. Karma cannot be separated from the ideology and worldview that created it. Karma is entirely based on the notion that man can work His way to perfection, and is far, far, far more than "reaping what you sow."

You obviously don't have a clear grasp on the concept of Karma and what it means. You are in no position, therefore, to instruct us on it.

Well I'm sorry but in our society the word "karma" is commonly used but most people don't even know what god would be associated with it. It's generally understood as a principle that "gives back what we put in" good for good/evil for evil so if not divorced, it's already gaining an ever more distant separation, and to put things in perspective....Dec 25 isn't divorced for paganism either but Christians celebrate that all over the world. Get back to me in a few centuries.........I think it'll probably be pretty more comparable by then.

What it's meant to be by some false religion doesn't matter because the false religion is false. To get worried about using a word because it's also used in a false religion is wrong because it gives too much respect to the particular word AND the false religion. It's like quoting something said by a non existent cartoon character...OR refusing to quote something just because you heard it in a cartoon. If the word works, I would use it but with clear reference to God.....I've used the term "God's karma" in the past and would do so again. The word "karma" is no threat to Christianity, but as when Christ's birth came to be celebrated on a pagan holiday, Christianity is the threat to the false religion.

Go back to the original post of this thread and see how the poster defined karma, "what goes around comes around"....that is a principle that I believe in....as one preacher said "God wired the universe" to react one way to good and another way to evil. I believe we see a very watered down version of that reaction in our carnal lives and a full version in our afterlives. I believe people have been noticing this principle throughout history and the most popular word used to describe it ended up being karma. Those who don't apply it to the real God are wrong, but the principle is still there. As far as I'm concerned, it's comparable to assigning the law of gravity to Buddha or some other false god when it should be assigned to God. Gravity still exists and I honestly wouldn't care what word they used to describe it.

Guest shiloh357
Well I'm sorry but in our society the word "karma" is commonly used but most people don't even know what god would be associated with it.
Irrelevant.

It's generally understood as a principle that "gives back what we put in" good for good/evil for evil so if not divorced, it's already gaining an ever more distant separation,
Just because people don't understand it, doesn't suddenly make it suitable for Christian consumption.

Dec 25 isn't divorced for paganism either but Christians celebrate that all over the world. Get back to me in a few centuries.........I think it'll probably be pretty more comparable by then.
No, it wouldn't be comparable at all no matter how long anyone waits, because you are trying to compare two completely disimilar things. You are working from a heretofore unproven assumption that Dec. 25 was chosen to connect Christ's birth to some pagan rite and many people have come to this board and have been unable to prove such a connection. Secondly, a date on a calendar and a pagan concept of reward and punishment that completely undermines the very existence, moral standard, and justice of God cannot be compared, no matter how hard you try. The comparison just doesn't exist.

What it's meant to be by some false religion doesn't matter because the false religion is false. To get worried about using a word because it's also used in a false religion is wrong because it gives too much respect to the particular word AND the false religion. It's like quoting something said by a non existent cartoon character...OR refusing to quote something just because you heard it in a cartoon. If the word works, I would use it but with clear reference to God.....I've used the term "God's karma" in the past and would do so again. The word "karma" is no threat to Christianity, but as when Christ's birth came to be celebrated on a pagan holiday, Christianity is the threat to the false religion.
Which only highlights your ignorance on this issue.

The fact is, "God's Karma" is a contradiction in terms. God does not have "karma" God has a perfect system of justice whereby the standard for right and wrong are clearly laid for us. You are trying to use the word on your own terms, but you dont have that right.

Secondly, while Karma is a works based system where you try to work hard enough to tip the scales in your favor, God has no scales. Rather He has ONE perfect standard of righteousness that He demands of us. Furthermore, in light of that perfect standard, what God has chosen to do is pay for the sin of man on cross through His Son Jesus and forever satisfying His justice and then whenver someone accepts the free gift of eternal life He offers, the perfect standard of righteousness He demands is fulfilled inside each us when Jesus comes to live in the heart of the believer in the person of the Holy Spirit.

Thirdly, bad Karma is known a "Karmic debt" which must be paid. Jesus, however, has already paid our debt, and He paid it in full on the cross and by virtue of that we have complete peace with God. (Romans 5:1) When we sin, we don't have to work it off and pay a debt, we simiply go to Jesus, confess it, and His blood cleanses our concsience from all unrighteousness.

Fourthly, reaping what you sow, speaks to consequences, and while we often must face the consequences of our actions, Karma is not based upon "consequences" but upon punishment. Yet in Karma, there is no realization of what a person is being punished for, so if you did "sow" something bad, you have no idea what it was, and thus no way of avoiding the same mistake again. It offers no standard of right and wrong, so there is no way to measure right and wrong to avoid further karmic debt in a future life.

Frankly, people like to use words and apply their definitions and stuff, but the problem is that in doing so, you miscommunicate the gospel and you misrepresent the Christian faith.

As far as I'm concerned, it's comparable to assigning the law of gravity to Buddha or some other false god when it should be assigned to God. Gravity still exists and I honestly wouldn't care what word they used to describe it.
When it comes to clearly and correctly communicating the gospel, which bears directly on the eternal condition of every person, whether or not they will spend eternity with Jesus or not, we don't have room for that kind of flippancy. You may not care, but the rest of care as to how the Gospel is communicated and perceived by the rest of the world. There is too much at stake for all of humanity to take such irresponsible, and unChristian approach to these kinds of matters.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

I'm curious, seekeratthesea. What church do you go to? Have you asked your pastor why other Christians say Karma is not to be used within Christianity?