• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

I just joined a gym recently, and am about to head out to work out. I have about 80 lbs. to lose.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,060
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  10/23/1970

Good for you, Kat. Keep it up. :emot-hug:

With all my talk, if I don't get back into my exercise routine soon, my body will go soft on me. I haven't worked out since I lost 20 pounds due to an illness. Now that I have gained the weight back, I'm out of the habit, and it's hard to get started again, but it will be worth it.

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  2,249
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

The Bible is clear that our bodies are a temple of God.

We only have one body and we should take care of it.

That means that we as Christians should have no physical addictions (be it alcohol, tobacco or any other drug, food, etc.).

And we should be fit as far as it is possible.

:emot-hug:

Well done to your wife! :emot-hug:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  104
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  02/24/1987

My girlfriend and I have been working out about 1 hour every evening. we're kinda sore, but ill be switched if i dont feel more energetic!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  140
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

I've given up eating refined Sugar in any form.

A couple of days ago, my husband and I went to work on an old house. We're cleaning it out. Before we got there, he stopped at a Quik Trip for a bite to eat. He bought me a hot dog. He came out of the store carrying the hot dog and a glass of something. It was Root Beer. I thought "oh no!" But I had nothing to drink and I need something to wash down the food. I took a drink of that Root Beer and it tasted awful! Yuck! But this was all I had to drink. Then I burped. And the taste that came up with the burp tasted like vomit. I set the glass aside.

Isn't that weird. Going a month without refined Sugar and then drinking a few mouthfuls of Root Beer made my stomach turn! I actually felt sick after that. In a way I'm happy because that says I'm no longer addicted to refined Sugar. In another way, I never knew what I was doing to my stomach when I used to drink beverages with sugar in it.

Says something about Sugar, doesn't it.

Willow325

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  1,278
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

My bride has lost 50 pounds in the past year. I am very proud of her!

:whistling:

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I started gaining weight when I was 10yrs. old and kept growing. My problem was food addiction - I ate waaaay to much. It wasn't until I was put in a situation that forced me to eat less that I started losing weight.

To continue losing, I had to consciously choose to stop eating when I felt satisfied (as opposed to continuing until I felt stuffed). I also had to restrain myself from eating here and there when I didn't feel hungry.

After a time, I began learning to pay attention to "cravings" - your body has a way of informing you what it needs to eat (ie. protein craving, veggie craving for certain vitamins, etc.). When you eat what your body needs at a given time, you will feel less hungry over-all.

Of course, every time I mention the trick of eating less, I get a bunch of negative feedback. :emot-highfive:

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  1,278
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

Of course, every time I mention the trick of eating less, I get a bunch of negative feedback. :emot-highfive:

Don't mention it - just do it. :emot-highfive:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  746
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  03/30/1988

I, too, though I am not overweight, made a resolution this year to exercise because it is good for me, and I have fairly kept to it, though lately I've slacked...Thanks for the added motivation! I'm not a big eater, so I don't have to worry about gaining alot of weight, but I do want to be in good shape and good health because I belong to God. :emot-highfive:

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  679
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

Underweight, overweight, fat, thin, all are very subjective or subject to the fashion of the day or a particular culture.

What I have concluded is that eating disorders like anorexia and bulimia and obesity are symptoms of affluence and although I haven't researched the topic, I'd like to bet they don't exist in countries where regular crop failure and famine are the norm.

In short, it is not about being fat or thin, it is about eating as to the Lord - i.e. neither too much, nor too little, and to constantly be thankful for what we have beeen given - either plenty or dearth, and thus always be aware of waste (as opposed to waist.) Especially since so many dear brothers and sisters in Christ who live in famine-struck countries are starving.