Willow325

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  140
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

A few years ago, I began to realize that I was experiencing ringing or static in my ears. I asked my doctor why it happens and he said that the cartlege in the inner ear gets soft and doesn't function as it should.

I found that taking the B complex helped somewhat. B Complex even helps with Corpal Tunnel Syndrome. But I had to find out the cause for the ringing.

It's my computer. The sound of the inner workings, the motor, the fan, give off a very high pitched sound that can cause ringing or static in the ears if I use the computer for over ten minutes. Which is why, now, I wear ear plugs when I have to use my computer. This computer I'm on right now is my husband's computer. It doesn't affect my hearing as bad as my computer does.

I guess it goes back to the fact that I have very sensitive hearing. I had my hearing tested when I was in fourth grade and the people who tested me said I have the ability to hear above the normal level of human hearing. I can hear dog whistles. It's not an actual sound but it disturbs my ear drum and is actually slightly painful when I hear it.

I can see in the dark. Everything is in shades of red and gray. My sense of smell is very sensitive. Touch, taste. I figure that perhaps my genetics are a throw back to the early humans who had to rely on their senses to survive.

To cure the loud ringing, I wear ear plugs when I sleep. If I can get 8 hours of soundless sleep, the ringing in the ears is gone by morning.

Do you have ringing of the ears? Try wearing ear plugs when you sleep and taking the B Complex. It worked for me.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  746
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  03/30/1988

Thanks for the tips! I do experience ringing in my ears quite frequently, so I found this helpful.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

I have had ringing in my ears for decades now and its from sinus problems and also from TMJ. My husband just started the ringing in his ears and was told it was from his sinus problems also. I am going to have him try the ear plug thing and see if it helps him. Thanks for the tip. :emot-questioned:

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

My ears ring a lot and it is aggrevating. Thanks for the tips! I would love to have some peace a quiet.

<>< ><>

Nathele

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  77
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

:whistling: Hello Willow..

:24: I don't get a ringing in the ears, but every so many months...

I get a ticking.. 'Tick! tick! Tick!' Honest its just like someone is holding their watch up to my ear...Goes quite fast too..

Be interesting to find out what other people hear in their ears..

Of course there is that illness , where some people get all kinds of sound in either one ear or both..have just looked in the Dictionary..and can't find it at all...Some people have it for years..

can't spell it..think itbegins with tin...? but as I cannot find it in the dictionary..knowing me..could star with a z or something..

I read about a young man in his twenties..he had been to music school, and studied the

Classical guitar.. He had passed lots of tests..and was good enough to give concerts around his home town...He was so pleased all was going very well...But it seemed all of a sudden the noises in his ears grew louder.. so much so he couldn't tune his guitar..

So with great sorrow he had to give it up...

That was quite a few years ago now, he would be considered quite young even now..

So Peraps Medical knowledge might grow even more, and they might find some sort of cure for

it..

It was said that during the day , it sometimes really used to make him feel down....

it just couldn't stop the noise it never stopped.. the only thing it did stop, was the start, of what might have been a very good job, in the classical music business....

Poor Lad lets hope that he may have found something to help his ears.....now..

interesting subject..

Thanks Willow....

From message X+

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

A few years ago, I began to realize that I was experiencing ringing or static in my ears. I asked my doctor why it happens and he said that the cartlege in the inner ear gets soft and doesn't function as it should.

I found that taking the B complex helped somewhat. B Complex even helps with Corpal Tunnel Syndrome. But I had to find out the cause for the ringing.

It's my computer. The sound of the inner workings, the motor, the fan, give off a very high pitched sound that can cause ringing or static in the ears if I use the computer for over ten minutes. Which is why, now, I wear ear plugs when I have to use my computer. This computer I'm on right now is my husband's computer. It doesn't affect my hearing as bad as my computer does.

I guess it goes back to the fact that I have very sensitive hearing. I had my hearing tested when I was in fourth grade and the people who tested me said I have the ability to hear above the normal level of human hearing. I can hear dog whistles. It's not an actual sound but it disturbs my ear drum and is actually slightly painful when I hear it.

I can see in the dark. Everything is in shades of red and gray. My sense of smell is very sensitive. Touch, taste. I figure that perhaps my genetics are a throw back to the early humans who had to rely on their senses to survive.

To cure the loud ringing, I wear ear plugs when I sleep. If I can get 8 hours of soundless sleep, the ringing in the ears is gone by morning.

Do you have ringing of the ears? Try wearing ear plugs when you sleep and taking the B Complex. It worked for me.

I have sensitive hearing too and can sit watching t.v. or just be doing nothing and hear my watch ticking. ( NO ONE I've ever known can hear this even when I try to get them to listen.) People who talk loud or yell hurt my ears too; it's a blessing and a curse. I've never had the ringing though.

• Topic Count:  490
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  2,726
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  02/25/1990

Hey!! Awesome thread!

I just noticed that there is a high pitched ring that comes out of my cell phone charger when I put it into the wall! If I pull it out, the HIGH pitch ringing is gone lol weird!

Guest lovinghim4ever

Thanks for the tips. I have had ringing in my ears for several months now. Not too loud, but at times loud enough to really be annoying. I am going to try your suggestion. Thanks again. :rolleyes::whistling::noidea:

A few years ago, I began to realize that I was experiencing ringing or static in my ears.

<snip>

<snip>

Something you might want to check into is your computer's power supply. Especially if your machine bothers you lots more than your husband's. I helped a friend whose "family server" machine had his dog AND cat howling in front of the machine after it ran for 20-30 minutes or so. It took awhile, but I checked the power supply and one of the outputs was going bad, and it caused the power supply to make enough noise to set the animals off. Changed the power supply, and no more four legged choir in front of the machine. The same thing might be happening here, especially if your machine is 3-5 years old or more.

I've lost my some higher frequency hearing due to 20 year of jet engines in the Air Force, but I can still see really well at night. It used to drive my parents nuts when I was younger because I could walk around the house with no lights on. Now it comes in handy for working night shift.