• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  746
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/30/1988

Read Jeremy Camp's biography. I think it will encourage you!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

Melanoma is a type of skin cancer

I am so sorry!!! Teach me to get my glasses and to read better, I'll try hard not to make that mistake again. Again I am sorry.

A poster talked about cancer cells not being able to live in an oxygen rich environment, that is very true. The French as well as some South American clinics have a machine that functions something like a dialysis machine. Roughly this machine filters the blood with oxygen and from what I remember reading many have been cured of some cancers. I pray that you and your fiance work it all out and when the time comes you have a very beautiful wedding.

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  1,060
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  10/23/1970

Melanoma is a type of skin cancer

I am so sorry!!! Teach me to get my glasses and to read better, I'll try hard not to make that mistake again. Again I am sorry.

A poster talked about cancer cells not being able to live in an oxygen rich environment, that is very true. The French as well as some South American clinics have a machine that functions something like a dialysis machine. Roughly this machine filters the blood with oxygen and from what I remember reading many have been cured of some cancers. I pray that you and your fiance work it all out and when the time comes you have a very beautiful wedding.

Thank you! :th_praying:

Oh, and don't worry about it; I misread things all the time when I get into a hurry.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

Last December (I think) an x-ray showed a spot on my fiance's ribs (this was before I met him). Some more testing was done in January that showed the presence of M protein in his blood (the protein responsible for myeloma), but thankfully, he does not have cancer. However, because of the M protein, he is at a small risk of getting myeloma, and there are no effective treatments. Life can be prolonged, but it's essentially a death sentence.

Yesterday, he told me he made an appointment to see an oncologist to check if he has contracted it before we get married as he doesn't feel it is right in marrying me if he only has a few years to live, and it will be to watch him deteriorate because of cancer and possibly medications. I told him in my heart he is already my husband, and no matter what happens I will walk down the aisle with him and walk with him through the rest of his life, whether it be five years or 50 years. I hope it is not an issue, and we both agreed it is pointless to discuss it until he gets his test results back, but IF it comes back positive and he decides for me that it would be wrong for us to marry, I'm going to smack him across the head. I don't think he should decide for me that taking care of the man I love for 5 years is too much for me. What do you think?

Even though it may hurt and you don,t like it. It is his right to make what ever choice he makes whether it be the right or wrong choice when it comes to his life with or without marring you. Personally if I were going to die and I loved you as much as you say you love him I would want to spend the rest of my days with you. Suffering or not it is also your choice to take care of him as well. He should consider that.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  326
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

I haven't read this whole thread so forgive me if this has already been mentioned. But what about the children? That's the first thing I thought of.

Unless one of you is infertile you have absolutly no guarantees that you won't concieve during your marriage. So you're going into a relationship with the possiblity of making your children grow up without their father. Not trying to sound judgmental but it's worth pointing out.

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Would you want that for your life? That's the christian principal we're all supposed to be living by. If no kids were involved and that couldn't become an issue because of infertility, then it would only affect you two. But unless infertility is involved - then you are involving innocent lives here who don't have a voice in the decision making.

(PS - have you thought of seeking out a healing ministry for prayer for your fiancee?)

I haven't read this whole thread so forgive me if this has already been mentioned. But what about the children? That's the first thing I thought of.

Unless one of you is infertile you have absolutly no guarantees that you won't concieve during your marriage. So you're going into a relationship with the possiblity of making your children grow up without their father. Not trying to sound judgmental but it's worth pointing out.

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Would you want that for your life? That's the christian principal we're all supposed to be living by. If no kids were involved and that couldn't become an issue because of infertility, then it would only affect you two. But unless infertility is involved - then you are involving innocent lives here who don't have a voice in the decision making.

(PS - have you thought of seeking out a healing ministry for prayer for your fiancee?)

Children are involved from my previous marraige. I know this is not what you are talking about, but my fiance' did bring it up as a good point, but I was unable to respond to it. I believe God brought us together, and I don't believe God simply forgot I have children. He will take care of this as long as we remain faithful to Him and to each other.

As far as future children; even though nothing is fool-proof, because of both of our ages (especially his) and the fact I already have children, we have decided what we will do as far as birth control, and if the Lord decides to bless us with a child anyway despite our careful planning, then once again, I put that in God's capable hands. (Please, Lord, don't let me get pregnant no matter how long we both live.)

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Content Count:  213
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  11/06/1949

may our lord give you and your fellow peace , praying for you both :emot-heartbeat:

I just found out he has Stage I myeloma. In this phase, he is asymptomatic and could remain so for months or even years before he actually gets full blown cancer. There is a 10% per year chance that it will progress beyond Stage I up to 5 years. After that, his chances will be at 3% per year. What this means is in about 4 to 4 1/2 years, he will have a 50% chance of an incurable cancer. I cried when he told me, but I continued to vow to him that I will stay with him through whatever happens. He's concerned about what will happen financially and emotionally since I already have two children that have had to go through the trauma of a divorce, but this time they will experience total devotion and what commitment and a covenant really means.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  153
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  07/02/1983

None of us are guaranteed tomorrow. It doesn't take just disease to steal our body, many things can take us from this earth. A friend of mine died of a blood clot in his lung 6 months after getting married. His wife was widowed in her mid 20's. It was devastating for her, but she wouldn't have traded their 6 months of marriage for anything.

You could be married and a tragic accident could take one of you the next day. Tomorrow is not given to us. We only have the moment we're living in. And because of that we should chase life for all it is worth, which includes experiencing love and sharing your life with someone.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

I just found out he has Stage I myeloma. In this phase, he is asymptomatic and could remain so for months or even years before he actually gets full blown cancer. There is a 10% per year chance that it will progress beyond Stage I up to 5 years. After that, his chances will be at 3% per year. What this means is in about 4 to 4 1/2 years, he will have a 50% chance of an incurable cancer. I cried when he told me, but I continued to vow to him that I will stay with him through whatever happens. He's concerned about what will happen financially and emotionally since I already have two children that have had to go through the trauma of a divorce, but this time they will experience total devotion and what commitment and a covenant really means.

:emot-puke: I am so sorry Xan. :thumbsup:

But - the Lord has something to say in all of this too. Just becasue it could happen, doesn't mean it will. I fully agree with what scum posted above. We arent' guaranteed anything on this earth. Just love each other as if it's the last day, and you'll both be just fine. :thumbsup: