• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,234
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/10/1987

I saw part of that long, boring diatribe by Joy Behar.....I thought 'what else can you expect from a much older, way less attractive, obvious nonbeliever?' Ms. Behar is not important enough to interview....Larry King must be in a slump. :group-hug:

You know, you can disagree with her without resorting to calling her unattractive. How is that relevant?

On one hand, you are right in that it is usually uncalled for. However, in context with Behar attacking Palin for her looks, Morning Glory was IMO calling Behar out on her crass motives.

My point is that you can totally call out crassness without involving an opinion about how Behar must be hostile towards Sarah Palin because Palin is better-looking. I know, believe me I know it doesn't seem like a big deal, but this is the kind of stuff that women in a position of visibility have to deal with all the time...MG basically partly de-legitimated her argument -- and it was an actual argument, not just hostility -- by saying that she's mad because Palin is prettier. Please.

You're a woman just like me. We both know some, not all, women are petty, jealous, and catty. I have never known of any woman that is not those things that will put down another female for being attractive. From reading MG's post, it sounded like she zeroed in on the fact Behar attacked an attractive woman for being attractive because of her own insecurities about her looks. I don't usually judge motive; however, I do know that women who are secure in themselves do not attack another woman for being pretty.

From what it sounds like, you agree with that. If your point is that MG could have made the argument stronger, well, I can't disagree there. I think we all need help in that area. (Morning Glory, my apologies for talking about you in front of your back :wub: )

Sure, but having watched the video of her whole appearance, she wasn't being catty, she was making points about how politics works in America. I just felt like MG's earlier post was either jumping to conclusions or unnecessarily bringing in attractiveness...sorry MG for harping on this so much, it's just something that I run into every so often in the media (in much harsher forms!) and it bothers me.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  70
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  08/26/1969

Did anyone catch Joy Behar (supposed comedienne) on the Larry King Live Show tonight? I cannot believe her crassness and inane comments about Sarah Palin. "Her glasses are a prop!", getting all steamed up about Sarah's belief that God has a plan for the nation, asking if God also had something to do with Katrina, if that was in His plan--and how God is unfair then! Also: how the men would love her because she's pretty.

Why is a woman who is supposed to be a comedienne, now turned political commentator coming on so shrewish and getting away with it! I think it iis really--REALLY bad form for CNN to have Behar there unopposed on her long segment.

I really---REALLY don't like Joy Behar anymore.

I didn't see her on Larry King but I saw her by accident on The View & it was the same song & dance. I think this is a woman who seriously lacks comfidence or she wouldn't feel the need to pick on others or things she evidently doesn't understand. It would only be to her benefit ( & her listeners) to give her heart to God instead of being a poster child for the ACLU. Really all we can do for people like this is pray for them & let God as he wills.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

I saw part of that long, boring diatribe by Joy Behar.....I thought 'what else can you expect from a much older, way less attractive, obvious nonbeliever?' Ms. Behar is not important enough to interview....Larry King must be in a slump. :whistling:

You know, you can disagree with her without resorting to calling her unattractive. How is that relevant?

On one hand, you are right in that it is usually uncalled for. However, in context with Behar attacking Palin for her looks, Morning Glory was IMO calling Behar out on her crass motives.

My point is that you can totally call out crassness without involving an opinion about how Behar must be hostile towards Sarah Palin because Palin is better-looking. I know, believe me I know it doesn't seem like a big deal, but this is the kind of stuff that women in a position of visibility have to deal with all the time...MG basically partly de-legitimated her argument -- and it was an actual argument, not just hostility -- by saying that she's mad because Palin is prettier. Please.

You're a woman just like me. We both know some, not all, women are petty, jealous, and catty. I have never known of any woman that is not those things that will put down another female for being attractive. From reading MG's post, it sounded like she zeroed in on the fact Behar attacked an attractive woman for being attractive because of her own insecurities about her looks. I don't usually judge motive; however, I do know that women who are secure in themselves do not attack another woman for being pretty.

From what it sounds like, you agree with that. If your point is that MG could have made the argument stronger, well, I can't disagree there. I think we all need help in that area. (Morning Glory, my apologies for talking about you in front of your back :th_praying: )

Not a problem. I feel like the proverbial fly on the wall...... :noidea:

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

Sure, but having watched the video of her whole appearance, she wasn't being catty, she was making points about how politics works in America. I just felt like MG's earlier post was either jumping to conclusions or unnecessarily bringing in attractiveness...sorry MG for harping on this so much, it's just something that I run into every so often in the media (in much harsher forms!) and it bothers me.

Ms. Behar saying that 'sure the men will like her because she's pretty' is really the key to understanding what she really means here. SHE is attempting to marginalize another woman by commenting that her looks are what she is about. Behar simply doesn't understand that a woman who aspires to power isn't just another talking head. And I do believe she (Behar) was being catty. But I understand why it would bug you to have appearance brought into the mix; I don't much like it either. I also don't like women being sexist toward other women as Joy Behar definitely was.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,981
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  04/20/1964

until i saw this post, i'd never even heard of joy behar. guess her opinion doesn't matter much to me!

I'd never heard of her until she was on celebrity millionaire...

I dont care what she thinks any more than I care what Tom Cruise thinks or what Oprah thinks about politics. Just because they have a good deal of money and have made it big entertaining us does not mean they have any brain cells or that they have cells which are firing properly. (Not saying that any of these people are stupid either, but being successful in show biz does not indicate intelligence, just look at Paris Hilton)

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

until i saw this post, i'd never even heard of joy behar. guess her opinion doesn't matter much to me!

I'd never heard of her until she was on celebrity millionaire...

I dont care what she thinks any more than I care what Tom Cruise thinks or what Oprah thinks about politics. Just because they have a good deal of money and have made it big entertaining us does not mean they have any brain cells or that they have cells which are firing properly. (Not saying that any of these people are stupid either, but being successful in show biz does not indicate intelligence, just look at Paris Hilton)

Hahaha!! :wub::wub:

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  51
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  05/20/1976

I just get so fed up with celebrities making public statements about political issues.

In regards to celebrities making political statements, I wish that some (ok...all) of them would take the viewpoint that Elvis Presley took when asked about politics. He said, "I'd just soon to keep my own personal views about that to myself because I'm just an entertainer".

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

I just get so fed up with celebrities making public statements about political issues.

In regards to celebrities making political statements, I wish that some (ok...all) of them would take the viewpoint that Elvis Presley took when asked about politics. He said, "I'd just soon to keep my own personal views about that to myself because I'm just an entertainer".

Amen! Today these people overstep their bounds and take on power which is really not theirs to possess. We all wish we could speak out and be heard, but these people are influential and they are using their fame for what theu think are noble purposes but they are really opportunists. The easily-influenced and the star-struck are going to follow them in their liberal views and carry the nation away...to hell in a handbasket.