• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

I was just thinking . . .

Wouldn't we be more effective if instead of arguing doctrine with each other we spent the energy joining hands in prayer?

Ray needs deliverance and repentance.

Anyone disagree?

Since neither of us are going to have any impact on his life personally, how about we impact him in the spiritual realm?

Can we cease this debate and just pray?

Yes ... :thumbsup:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't bother me so much that he has admitted this. That is always the first step for recovery.

But there is a problem if it no longer bothers him and now seems to justify this behavior as if it is "ok"

I always thought his music was too sappy but I wonder how many churches will continue using his "Thank You for Giving to the Lord" at offering time now???

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Actually, it was a demon that was given to Paul to buffet him to keep him humble. We do not know whether it was a sin or and addiction he could not get delivered from or if it was a physical ailment.

What we do know is that GOD told him HE wouod not deliver him from it.

ANd as I have also stated, he likely struggled with it for decades and has chosen to stop struggling. If JESUS wants to deliver him, HE will.

Kross, your theory is unbiblical. I believe it is James that says, "Let no man, when he is tempted, say I am tempted of God. For God tempts no man..."

Therefore it would be impossible for Paul's thorn to be a demon, a sin, or an addiction.

So again your quote was out of context and still did not answer my questions either in that post or previously.

And again, your last statement is erroneous. There is no "if" about it. We will always sin because we are human, but as Christians we are free from the bondage of sin and Jesus Christ will free us from slavery to addictions.

Believe it or not, I do not make this stuff up.

2COR 12:7 "and lest I should be exalted above measure by the abundance of the revelations, a thorn in the flesh was given me, a messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I be exalted above measure".

Not out of context. Very specific to the point. It may be that this is Ray's thorn.

Abomination a thorn? Yeah, right... :thumbsup:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,634
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/18/1961

Wow , this was an information thread , not intended for to turn into a debate , though i know this a sin which Ray has got himself caught up in ,. its never to late to repent , he is in my prayers and as the Op i am closing this thread .

God Bless and Onward & Upward!

love in Christ,

yur bro,

chuck

• 3 weeks later...

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1