• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,271
  • Content Per Day:  4.95
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

This has happened before and I don't agree with using a taser on a minor unless they are armed. I believe if the parents of these repugnant children were locked up EVERY time their kid does this kind of thing.....there might be more discipline at home.
The question is still out there. What would you (universally) have the officer do? The officer was attacked by an out of control person, 11 years old or not. What else could she have done?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

This has happened before and I don't agree with using a taser on a minor unless they are armed. I believe if the parents of these repugnant children were locked up EVERY time their kid does this kind of thing.....there might be more discipline at home.
The question is still out there. What would you (universally) have the officer do? The officer was attacked by an out of control person, 11 years old or not. What else could she have done?

I'm not sure. She had no good options in this situation. Maybe they need to invent a portable 'rubber room' to snare such a child. Police officers are in an awful position when confronted by an out of control kid. I still think the parents should bear full responsibility for a child that young though. What do you think, B.P? :rolleyes:

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,271
  • Content Per Day:  4.95
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

I'm not sure. She had no good options in this situation. Maybe they need to invent a portable 'rubber room' to snare such a child. Police officers are in an awful position when confronted by an out of control kid. I still think the parents should bear full responsibility for a child that young though. What do you think, B.P? :thumbsup:

Absolutely. Parents should bear the responsibility for their children's actions, to a point. This is probably not the first time this child has acted out this way. If the parents took responsibility for her at a younger age, when this behavior first surfaced, they could have instilled discipline and respect for authority and adults. But, there are mostly lenient parents out there who want to be their child's friend instead of their parent and role model. The decay of American society.

I'm not sure. She had no good options in this situation. Maybe they need to invent a portable 'rubber room' to snare such a child. Police officers are in an awful position when confronted by an out of control kid. I still think the parents should bear full responsibility for a child that young though. What do you think, B.P? :thumbsup:

Absolutely. Parents should bear the responsibility for their children's actions, to a point. This is probably not the first time this child has acted out this way. If the parents took responsibility for her at a younger age, when this behavior first surfaced, they could have instilled discipline and respect for authority and adults. But, there are mostly lenient parents out there who want to be their child's friend instead of their parent and role model. The decay of American society.

There are also parents who are MIA; this is very common and I'm talking about parents I know. As long as the kid isn't bugging them...they'll let them go anywhere and do anything. My daughter-in-law's eight year old brother was out all night and when the police found him, he was in a crack house. I'm SERIOUS! This really happened. Mom stays drunk and, as long as he's out of her hair, she's fine with it. The little boy is now eleven and has already been arrested for theft; the fourteen year old is in juvenile detention for a year. This isn't leniency; it's the most common form of child abuse. It's abdicating the role of parent and letting the kids raise themselves. They will do anything to get attention; even trash a classroom and punch a cop. Believe me, these parents don't want to be their child's friend; they just want the kid to go away and leave them to their addictions; whatever they may be.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  880
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

It is rather difficult to put all parents in the same boat! There are plenty of parents who have tried everything they know to do and yet the child is out of control.

And until you have seen, as I have, this age child out of control, you really cannot imagine how hard it is to bring them under control. Also I think it very important to remember the OTHER people involved. There are innocent children all about who are harmed by these type children. Those who are being indangered by out of control children are as important as the one causing the damage! The one causing the rucus needs to be stopped as quickly as possible. The taser works and causes little or no damage.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

It must be OK to tazer 11 year olds. Afterall, Sarah Palin wanted an officer fired for doing so, and the Left says that somehow shows she's 'corrupt.'

It is rather difficult to put all parents in the same boat! There are plenty of parents who have tried everything they know to do and yet the child is out of control.

And until you have seen, as I have, this age child out of control, you really cannot imagine how hard it is to bring them under control. Also I think it very important to remember the OTHER people involved. There are innocent children all about who are harmed by these type children. Those who are being indangered by out of control children are as important as the one causing the damage! The one causing the rucus needs to be stopped as quickly as possible. The taser works and causes little or no damage.

I agree that there are children that are seriously out of control because of mental conditions or abuse from adults outside the home and that the parents can't handle them. Of course we can't lump all parents together. But, if you believe what you say, you are totally missing the point. Tasering a young child will NOT make them behave. That just shows them that the one with the bigger weapon wins. Most children who act out do so because they feel it's the only way to make themselves important, the only way to get attention. A parent has to set the limits and have control of a child by the age of five, give or take a little; otherwise, they have pretty much missed the boat. This is why I say that negliect is the most common form of child abuse. Children like this are a problem to society, not just the family, and usually end up involved in drugs, alcohol and crime. Btw, a taser is not a harmless apparatus; it can cause death if one has heart disease and, at the very least, cause serious trauma to a child. Yes, we need to protect others from a kid like this one. But destroying her physically or emotionally isn't the way to do it. She is only eleven! :thumbsup:

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  51
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Then I guess we should arm all our police with tranqulizers made for 11-year-olds too.

If a kid (or adult for that matter) is acting like a wild animal, they should not be surprised to be treated as one, neglected or not.

Then I guess we should arm all our police with tranqulizers made for 11-year-olds too.

If a kid (or adult for that matter) is acting like a wild animal, they should not be surprised to be treated as one, neglected or not.

I disagree.......an eleven year old doesn't have the judgement to do much. I'd be willing to bet this child is neglected, abused, has fetal alcohol syndrome, lives in a ghetto and runs the streets, or is mentally challenged. I'm going to follow this story though. If this girl was your daughter would you still say she should be tasered for acting like this? Because I would go for the jugular if someone did that to my child, no matter what she did. I'm for discipline and teaching children how to be good people. I believe she should have been restrained but even wild animals are usually caught in a snare; not zapped with electricity. Did you miss the part about a taser being a potential cause of death in some people? That's why I mentioned the 'portable rubber room' for minors. It doesn't exist...but it should. :thumbsup:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

Morning, you are doing an excellent job of missing the point that children are rebellious because they are sinners! Depraved just like the adults in our society and capable of the same evil.

I agree that many children are abused or neglected but that is not every case. Even if a child is a spoiled brat from how they were raised they are still held accountable for their actions and will be punished for them.

Regardless of how she got to that point this child was WAY out of line and knew better. She was rebellious, willful, violent, disrespectful, and out of control. Consequences should follow.