buckthesystem

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

Morning, you are doing an excellent job of missing the point that children are rebellious because they are sinners! Depraved just like the adults in our society and capable of the same evil.

I agree that many children are abused or neglected but that is not every case. Even if a child is a spoiled brat from how they were raised they are still held accountable for their actions and will be punished for them.

Regardless of how she got to that point this child was WAY out of line and knew better. She was rebellious, willful, violent, disrespectful, and out of control. Consequences should follow.

Well then I guess you would be okay with someone using a taser on YOUR child (I'm willing to bet you wouldn't be.) Your comment about children being sinners is ludicrous; she isn't OLD ENOUGH to be accountable or to be treated like a convicted felon. Maybe YOU missed this part....

"I believe she should have been restrained but even wild animals are usually caught in a snare; not zapped with electricity. Did you miss the part about a taser being a potential cause of death in some people? That's why I mentioned the 'portable rubber room' for minors. It doesn't exist...but it should." :thumbsup:

You don't get a child to learn or change by hitting them with a painful and potentially lethal weapon. Look to kids that are beaten severely while growing up and note the pattern of criminality and cruelty that manifests as they grow older. (And, no, I'm NOT saying ALL of them.) They learn quickly that the biggest and most brutal gets the cookies.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

some of the school resource officers are full fledged police officers, others are no more then glorified security guards with no formal training, some might have classes or qualified in certain areas of child hood behavior and other areas.....

what was the reason the girl allegedly pushed the class mate into traffic? or did it actually happen? to many questions to give a judgment, the news papers will run with something of this nature with out having hardly any of the facts.....

no different then the middle school girl that showed up home late from school one day, her mom asked where she had been, so she said....MR SO AND SO, KEPT ME AFTER SCHOOL AND DID THIS AND THAT AND OTHER....

next day front page news..... the teacher is suspended, and kids are pulled from the school the teachers name is plastered all over the front page and made the tv news headlines....... later after all the entire investigation was completed, it was found the girl had been through the classes that teach kids what to say and how to say it..... one of her friends, came forward and told what had happened, for this girl had gone to this friends house, lost track of time, and made up the story about Mr So and So...

the follow up article was buried in the paper, and barely had any mention of it on TV news, and that teachers life was ruined....

do I trust the media? not in the slightes.... was the teacher at fault? not at all, he even had witnesses as to his where abouts, but the paper did not want to use that in their initial story....

we have to be carfull when it comes to dealing with kids..... general rule, HANDS OFF.... should the officer have tazed the girl? an 11 year old? some are large enough and mature in body enough to do some damage, others are nothing more then a small child and can be contained by taking hold of the wrist or hand and walking them to the office....

when was the parents called in?

did the girl push her class mate and then walk off??? or was there more action between the time she supposidly pushed her class mate and the teachers/administration trying to contain her? sounds like if she had been left alone and watched with out being confronted as she was, no one would have to be worrying about the consequences of hers and the officers actions....

I know, I have dealt with children and one way, by physical force is not usually the best answer..... what if the girl that was pushed had hit this girl in the back and she turned and just pushed the other girl away, as in LEAVE ME ALONE...... now she is in trouble for defending herself????

tooooooooo many questions....... some we will never know the answers to.....

the majority of the time the bully is the one made out to be the victim, was her class mate the bully?????? and she being the one paying the consequences actually the victim? I DO NOT KNOW..... i was not there, i do not know the (as Paul Harvey says) the Rest of the Story.....

would it not have been easier, and more welcomed and less legal problems had the girl just been watched for a time until her parents could arrive???? or did they ever get a call until the girl is in Juvy?????

mike

• Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,292
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

I disagree.......an eleven year old doesn't have the judgement to do much. I'd be willing to bet this child is neglected, abused, has fetal alcohol syndrome, lives in a ghetto and runs the streets, or is mentally challenged.

Stop trying to make excuses for her actions. She's a violent, out of control brat so her mom must a poor, alcoholic, child abuser...WHATEVER!

And tasers don't kill people...even with heart disease. There is NO PROOF of that and it is irresponsible for anyone to make such a claim with no evidence. Even medical doctors have no proof, although they've tried. Furthermore...even if a taser would potentially kill a person with heart disease...it is STILL, BY FAR, the safest option causing the least amount of injury. You can stack a taser up against ANY OTHER form of force that officers have and the Taser wins hands down.

If my child is being violent, causing harm, and endangering the well-being of other people...I would prefer that my child be tased in order to gain control. The problem here is that most of the info people have about tasers come from the lib media. They have NO training, NO personal insight, and NO experience in just how effective a taser is. If my child is being violent I KNOW that the taser will do less harm to my child than ANY other form of force.

You don't get a child to learn or change by hitting them with a painful and potentially lethal weapon. Look to kids that are beaten severely while growing up and note the pattern of criminality and cruelty that manifests as they grow older.

Tasers aren't used to teach kids a lesson, or make them learn. Thats ridiculous. Tasers are a use of force who's sole purpose is to gain the immediate control of a subject causing the least amount of injury. That girl wasn't tased so she would learn her lesson...she was tased to gain control of her...and it worked and she suffered no injury.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  51
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Then I guess we should arm all our police with tranqulizers made for 11-year-olds too.

If a kid (or adult for that matter) is acting like a wild animal, they should not be surprised to be treated as one, neglected or not.

[biblicist]

I'm sorry, I have to jump in here...Some are worried about the girl, who suffered no injuries, but not about the female officer who ended up in the hospital with a broken nose?

If our child behaved like that, not only would I approve of a tazer or two, but they'd sure get it at home as well!

Unbelievable!! We are without excuse...Or have some forgotten that?

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

Stop trying to make excuses for her actions. She\'s a violent, out of control brat so her mom must a poor, alcoholic, child abuser...WHATEVER!

And tasers don\'t kill people...even with heart disease. There is NO PROOF of that and it is irresponsible for anyone to make such a claim with no evidence. Even medical doctors have no proof, although they\'ve tried. Furthermore...even if a taser would potentially kill a person with heart disease...it is STILL, BY FAR, the safest option causing the least amount of injury. You can stack a taser up against ANY OTHER form of force that officers have and the Taser wins hands down.

If my child is being violent, causing harm, and endangering the well-being of other people...I would prefer that my child be tased in order to gain control. The problem here is that most of the info people have about tasers come from the lib media. They have NO training, NO personal insight, and NO experience in just how effective a taser is. If my child is being violent I KNOW that the taser will do less harm to my child than ANY other form of force.

Tasers aren\'t used to teach kids a lesson, or make them learn. Thats ridiculous. Tasers are a use of force who\'s sole purpose is to gain the immediate control of a subject causing the least amount of injury. That girl wasn\'t tased so she would learn her lesson...she was tased to gain control of her...and it worked and she suffered no injury.

Let's see if I can say this without being offensive, Axxman......I wouldn't let you run a kennel. I sure hope you are not in a position with any authority whatsoever because, if you would allow your child to be brought down by a tasor, you have no understanding whatsoever of what is right, what is moral, what is factual or anything else I can throw in there. Would it be okay to tase a 2 year old for throwing a fit and breaking things? How about an 80 year old Alziemer's patient for hitting? So...what is YOUR training in the use and safety of these devices? They shoot 50,000 volts; or did you not know that? (Looks like that 'without being offensive' thing went south on me.) :emot-handshake:

Tasers aren't harmless; they CAN be fatal....see here:

http://edition.cnn.com/2007/US/11/18/taser.death/index.html

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  164
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

I'm sorry, I have to jump in here...Some are worried about the girl, who suffered no injuries, but not about the female officer who ended up in the hospital with a broken nose?

Thank you for pointing that out.

Like someone else said, what would have been the alternative? If you don't have a reasonable solution to your complaint then how productive are these constant cop bashing threads?

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,706
  • Topics Per Day:  0.26
  • Content Count:  3,386
  • Content Per Day:  0.51
  • Birthday:  12/10/1955

I disagree.......an eleven year old doesn't have the judgement to do much. I'd be willing to bet this child is neglected, abused, has fetal alcohol syndrome, lives in a ghetto and runs the streets, or is mentally challenged.

Stop trying to make excuses for her actions. She's a violent, out of control brat so her mom must a poor, alcoholic, child abuser...WHATEVER!

And tasers don't kill people...even with heart disease. There is NO PROOF of that and it is irresponsible for anyone to make such a claim with no evidence. Even medical doctors have no proof, although they've tried. Furthermore...even if a taser would potentially kill a person with heart disease...it is STILL, BY FAR, the safest option causing the least amount of injury. You can stack a taser up against ANY OTHER form of force that officers have and the Taser wins hands down.

You don't get a child to learn or change by hitting them with a painful and potentially lethal weapon. Look to kids that are beaten severely while growing up and note the pattern of criminality and cruelty that manifests as they grow older.

Tasers aren't used to teach kids a lesson, or make them learn. Thats ridiculous. Tasers are a use of force who's sole purpose is to gain the immediate control of a subject causing the least amount of injury. That girl wasn't tased so she would learn her lesson...she was tased to gain control of her...and it worked and she suffered no injury.

Axxman I fear that if you really believe these things, you are deluding yourself, either that or you are really gullible. Have a look at this:

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/200...2taser0503.html

Judge rules for Taser in cause-of-death decisions

by Robert Anglen - May. 2, 2008

The Arizona Republic

Taser International has fired a warning shot at medical examiners across the country.

The Scottsdale-based stun gun manufacturer increasingly is targeting state and county medical examiners with lawsuits and lobbying efforts to reverse and prevent medical rulings that Tasers contributed to someone's death.

That effort on Friday helped lead an Ohio judge's order to remove Taser's name from three Summit County Medical Examiner autopsies that had ruled the stun gun contributed to three men's deaths.

(article continues)

There are far too many cases of Tasers contributing to, or directly causing, someone's death for anyone to seriously believe propaganda put out by the company that makes Tasers, and the police who use them.

Now would you really bet your own child's life on your belief that Tasers are perfectly safe?

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,706
  • Topics Per Day:  0.26
  • Content Count:  3,386
  • Content Per Day:  0.51
  • Birthday:  12/10/1955

This is truly horrifying! Page after page of "she deserved it", "blame the parents", "Tasers are wonderful, they don't ever injure anyone", what ever happened to "do unto others ........" ?

The only exception, of course, being MorningGlory.

And some of you even see this as "cop bashing", aaghh!

I find it incredible that "school resource officers" are even armed with these lethal weapons.

Who was it who said "give somebody even a little power and he will abuse it"?

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  162
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,832
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Birthday:  03/23/1964

Sorry to disagree with you, Buck, but too often, kids these days think they are 'untouchable'

Too many people live in fear of these brats because if they so much as 'touch' them to restrain them, they are charged with assault.

Too often, police called to incidents of yob violence or harrassment do absolutely nothing to protect or reassure the victims of these youngsters.

Personally, I would like to see more of this.

The kids get away with murder. And the problem is made inifinitely worse by parents failing to act with regards to the discipline of their kids.

Society suffers.

I have no sympathy.