tigeraqua

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  23
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Hi everyone, I'm new to posting in the forums so I hope I'm not posting in the wrong forum!

I just recently started reading the Bible and I come across many questions. One of them is from Matthew 8:11-12:

"'I tell you, many will come from east and est and will eat with Abraham and Issac and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven, while the heirs of the kingdom will be thrown into the outer darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.'"

What does Jesus mean when he said the heirs of the kingdom? Who are the heirs of the kindom? And why would they be thrown into the outer darkness?

Thanks!

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  791
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

Hi everyone, I'm new to posting in the forums so I hope I'm not posting in the wrong forum!

I just recently started reading the Bible and I come across many questions. One of them is from Matthew 8:11-12:

"'I tell you, many will come from east and est and will eat with Abraham and Issac and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven, while the heirs of the kingdom will be thrown into the outer darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.'"

What does Jesus mean when he said the heirs of the kingdom? Who are the heirs of the kindom? And why would they be thrown into the outer darkness?

Thanks!

A noted the centurion has great faith and Jesus is telling him that he is such that will be in heaven while those that should be there won't be (heirs of the kingdom; all of Israel should be there but most reject their Messiah). Instead those that will be there will come from every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation as shown in Revelation 5:9.

Next you want to know where outer darkness is. It is total separation from God. Matthew is the only apostle to use this term and at the time this is to be is at the great white throne judgment in Revelation 20:7-15 after the millennium or 1000 year reign of Christ. It is the lake of fire and reserved to any not written in the book of life.

If you go to Matthew 25:14-30 you will find the parable of the talents, and by reading of the unprofitable servant in Verse 30 it is talking of the unregenerate man or one who is not God's child. Even that which he had; not only the talent severely given him, but even the word of God never produced fruit and will be taken away as he is cast into outer darkness.

Romans 12:3 "...God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith." Now Paul is talking to Christians when he said this, but God does give the non-believer a talent, faith to hear the word, and He even showed miracles among them and they still rejected Jesus.

Don't know if this answered your question well enough, but there is a free study on the web at Gospel Fellowship and Grace and Glory Bible College under the heading of "Books" titled "Matthew - Biography of the King" by Mary Bodie. Hope it helps in Jesus' name. :101:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,773
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Birthday:  12/27/1957

Thanks!

JESUS is saying that there are those of the nation of Israel who will not be in the kingdom while there will be many of the non-jewish persuation that will be seated with Abraham.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Matthew 8:5-13

The Faith of a Roman Officer

5 When Jesus returned to Capernaum, a Roman officer came and pleaded with him, 6 “Lord, my young servant[c] lies in bed, paralyzed and in terrible pain.”

7 Jesus said, “I will come and heal him.”

8 But the officer said, “Lord, I am not worthy to have you come into my home. Just say the word from where you are, and my servant will be healed. 9 I know this because I am under the authority of my superior officers, and I have authority over my soldiers. I only need to say, ‘Go,’ and they go, or ‘Come,’ and they come. And if I say to my slaves, ‘Do this,’ they do it.”

10 When Jesus heard this, he was amazed. Turning to those who were following him, he said, “I tell you the truth, I haven’t seen faith like this in all Israel! 11 And I tell you this, that many Gentiles will come from all over the world—from east and west—and sit down with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob at the feast in the Kingdom of Heaven. 12 But many Israelites—those for whom the Kingdom was prepared—will be thrown into outer darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.”

13 Then Jesus said to the Roman officer, “Go back home. Because you believed, it has happened.” And the young servant was healed that same hour.

A good modern English translation helps!

Wow thanks guys! You guys are very helpful!