• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

Brad,

I'm not one that is given to arguing over the dating of the Bible, but let's look at facts:

Christ died circa AD 30. That would have given a short time span of less than 40 years for the entire New Testament to have been written. This seems a bit hard to swallow. To back up this view, I turn to the commentary in my NIV Study Bible:

Revelation was written when Christians were entering a time of persecution...most scholars date the book circa AD 95...

So a book not even possibly written until around AD 100 was fulfilled BEFOREHAND in AD 70? A student believing that would have been to the famous Jethro Bodine School of Mathematics (2+2=5). :(

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Isaiah chapter 17 prophesies that the city of damascus will be destroyed. All the history that I can find tells me that it has been an enhabited city for over 3500 years and has never been destroyed.

Is there something I'm missing here or is this at least one thing prophesied in the bible that has not been fulfilled?

Sam

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Jerusalem was Babylon and was also called Sodom and Egypt in Rev.11. The order was phsical. The early Church was warned to flee Jerusalem when they saw the Roman armies surrounding their city. Jerusalem was at war with the Beast Rome for three and a half years. The Christains left and were saved from the wrath of God as Jesus came in the clouds of judgment that came upon Jerusalem in 70 AD.

It was Jerusalem that Jesus said was guilty of all the blood shed from Abel in Matt.23.

Rev.18 says Babylon shed all the blood of the prophets and saints. Jerusalem was called the Great City and so was Babylon called the Great City.

All futurist will disagree with this on this site so why I'm I posting this? It's because most of the Church has been missing it concerning eschatology and it has caused them not to have faith in the fulfillment of scripture of where we are in Christ.

If you are speaking of the Babylon of the book of Revelation chapter 17, it reads to me as being destroyed perminately and never recovering. Jerusalem was destroyed but has been rebuilt and the babylon of Revelation will never be enhabited again, and thus to me could not be Jerusalem.

Sam

well dawgonnit other one....we're trying to have an arguement here. How dare you bring common sense into this discussion?? :rofl::):t2:

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

Yup, yod, that's a foul. Blow the whistle. :t2::rofl:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  527
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

Jerusalem was Babylon and was also called Sodom and Egypt in Rev.11. The order was phsical. The early Church was warned to flee Jerusalem when they saw the Roman armies surrounding their city. Jerusalem was at war with the Beast Rome for three and a half years. The Christains left and were saved from the wrath of God as Jesus came in the clouds of judgment that came upon Jerusalem in 70 AD.

It was Jerusalem that Jesus said was guilty of all the blood shed from Abel in Matt.23.

Rev.18 says Babylon shed all the blood of the prophets and saints. Jerusalem was called the Great City and so was Babylon called the Great City.

All futurist will disagree with this on this site so why I'm I posting this? It's because most of the Church has been missing it concerning eschatology and it has caused them not to have faith in the fulfillment of scripture of where we are in Christ.

If you are speaking of the Babylon of the book of Revelation chapter 17, it reads to me as being destroyed perminately and never recovering. Jerusalem was destroyed but has been rebuilt and the babylon of Revelation will never be enhabited again, and thus to me could not be Jerusalem.

Sam

Other One I have a question for you. What city is this text of scripture referring to?

Revelations 11

The Witnesses Killed

7 When they finish their testimony, the beast that ascends out of the bottomless pit will make war against them, overcome them, and kill them. 8And their dead bodies will lie in the street of the great city which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

Hey Brad, dont you know outside of which city, Christ was crucified?

eric

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  527
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

Hey Brad, dont you know outside of which city, Christ was crucified?

eric

I know it was out side of the gates, but what great city is Rev. 11:8 speaking of? I want to know what city you think it is so that we can speak of the same place.

Brad read verse 2 of the same chapter, that might give you a clue or a hint of which city Revelation is talking about. Better yet get a Recovery Version of the NT and read the study notes on the whole chapter.

Edited by eric

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

Brad,

Please answer my question-if, as many scholars believe, Revelation was written in AD 95, how did it find it's fulfillment in AD 70?