• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,773
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/27/1957

I often take some heat in these posts because I do not believe in the power of government over GOD. I see the plight of the world and I know that only GOD can make the changes we want to see.

There is no place in all of the teaching and scriptures that tells us Christians should be all wrapped up in the concerns of the world. We are supposed to be singularly focussed on the spread of the gospel and the saving of souls. What good we do, we are to do for the honor of GOD and the glory of JESUS CHRIST.

I come here to try to undo decades of bad teaching and wrong ideas of what we are supposed to be in the world. Most importantly, to undo the teaching that sitting on the couch and praying will not get it done when this is the most important thing we can do, take our hands off and let GOD have it.

For God so Loved the World....Jesus defeated Satan on the cross with Love...of course the World is cursed..thanks to darkness...and we know the end of the story..in the mean time...Jesus wants to see us display his love and obediance and faithfulness thru light...this isn't a big game of tag your saved like many want to believe...everybody is tested everyday ...your attitude, behavior, and actions...are they godly or ungodly...Godly loving or satan hateful...

Love always protects...you better be concerned about the world...I want my family in a safe, Godly loving environment....and it is not easy because of people like you...if your not striving for that and don't care...then the enemy sneaks in and brings about wickedness and destruction...

As a child of God, Jesus is suppose to be within us...we are suppose to be wheat amongs weeds...light amongst darkness...I disagree with you totally...I think Children of Jesus should be striving for positions of authority....whether Government, Corporations, Entertainment, etc. .and proclaiming and living the Love of Jesus...And instill his way into this world...and not just talk it...but live it...

Amen!! I posted this in my other thread, but I'll post it here just for the sake of other readers.

To not get involved with the evilness and wickedness of this world is a complete disservice to Jesus. Jesus uses us and works through us all the time. What you are asking us to do here Kross is turn a blind eye and ignore the issues that need work, the work God has called many of us to do. We can't just ignore the problems and evilness, throw our hands up and say it's all yours God. There are too many people out there with hardened hearts (part of God's plan). The world that we live in would absolutely crumble. I too want my children to live in a safe, Godly environment and if we sit back and do nothing that will never happen.

I'm not well schooled in my Bible verses, but I do know that Jesus is very protective of children. He speaks out about anyone harming them or anyone allowing harm to come to them. I think he's going to be very displeased with the people of the world who are too involved with themselves to worry about helping children.

It would seem from your posts that spreading the gospel and praying is equivelent to "doing nothing".

I do not agree with you, I think that it is everything, and the only thing. If you feel you can insure a safe future for your family in your own power and with the help of the government, do that. It is not what I would be trusting in, but you are welcome to live as you see fit.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  89
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  10/09/1977

I often take some heat in these posts because I do not believe in the power of government over GOD. I see the plight of the world and I know that only GOD can make the changes we want to see.

There is no place in all of the teaching and scriptures that tells us Christians should be all wrapped up in the concerns of the world. We are supposed to be singularly focussed on the spread of the gospel and the saving of souls. What good we do, we are to do for the honor of GOD and the glory of JESUS CHRIST.

I come here to try to undo decades of bad teaching and wrong ideas of what we are supposed to be in the world. Most importantly, to undo the teaching that sitting on the couch and praying will not get it done when this is the most important thing we can do, take our hands off and let GOD have it.

For God so Loved the World....Jesus defeated Satan on the cross with Love...of course the World is cursed..thanks to darkness...and we know the end of the story..in the mean time...Jesus wants to see us display his love and obediance and faithfulness thru light...this isn't a big game of tag your saved like many want to believe...everybody is tested everyday ...your attitude, behavior, and actions...are they godly or ungodly...Godly loving or satan hateful...

Love always protects...you better be concerned about the world...I want my family in a safe, Godly loving environment....and it is not easy because of people like you...if your not striving for that and don't care...then the enemy sneaks in and brings about wickedness and destruction...

As a child of God, Jesus is suppose to be within us...we are suppose to be wheat amongs weeds...light amongst darkness...I disagree with you totally...I think Children of Jesus should be striving for positions of authority....whether Government, Corporations, Entertainment, etc. .and proclaiming and living the Love of Jesus...And instill his way into this world...and not just talk it...but live it...

Amen!! I posted this in my other thread, but I'll post it here just for the sake of other readers.

To not get involved with the evilness and wickedness of this world is a complete disservice to Jesus. Jesus uses us and works through us all the time. What you are asking us to do here Kross is turn a blind eye and ignore the issues that need work, the work God has called many of us to do. We can't just ignore the problems and evilness, throw our hands up and say it's all yours God. There are too many people out there with hardened hearts (part of God's plan). The world that we live in would absolutely crumble. I too want my children to live in a safe, Godly environment and if we sit back and do nothing that will never happen.

I'm not well schooled in my Bible verses, but I do know that Jesus is very protective of children. He speaks out about anyone harming them or anyone allowing harm to come to them. I think he's going to be very displeased with the people of the world who are too involved with themselves to worry about helping children.

It would seem from your posts that spreading the gospel and praying is equivelent to "doing nothing".

I do not agree with you, I think that it is everything, and the only thing. If you feel you can insure a safe future for your family in your own power and with the help of the government, do that. It is not what I would be trusting in, but you are welcome to live as you see fit.

I did not say that praying or spreading the Gospel weren't powerful things and I never said they were doing nothing. But I do believe God expects more out of his Servants.

But here's a question for you. If you know the child living next door to you is being abused by his parents', are you going to get involved and call the authorities, do what needs to be done to save that child's life or are you going to sit and pray that the authorities show up and save that child's life?? Are you going to pray for the parent's that they have a change of heart. And if your prayer isn't answered and that child dies as a result of abuse, something that you could have stepped in and helped, do you not think you are going to be held accountible for turning a blind eye? God works through us Kross, he doesn't expect us to only pray, he wants prayers and faith and he wants us to stand up for what's right. Jesus did and that's the example I'll take.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  3,292
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

I come here to try to undo decades of bad teaching and wrong ideas of what we are supposed to be in the world.

Well thank goodness that you came along to fix us all. :thumbsup:

Personally I find your post somewhat offensive but maybe I'm misunderstanding you.

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  880
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

Kross,

Being in a POSITION of authority does not stop a person from being a servant to all.

God has given us talents and gifts which are to be used for his glory in all walks of life and positions.

There is nothing against God in being in leadership.

David was a KING.

Luke was a Doctor.

Peter was a Fisherman.

Their walks of life did not stop them from loving God and serving HIM.

:thumbsup:

Rejoice

Rejoice evermore. Pray without ceasing. In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Bless His Family

Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity! Psalms 133:1

And Sing Out A Love Sing

Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord Ephesians 5:19

Come Quickly LORD Jesus Come Quickly

Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven Matthew 6:10

:emot-heartbeat:

I did not say that praying or spreading the Gospel weren't powerful things and I never said they were doing nothing. But I do believe God expects more out of his Servants.

But here's a question for you. If you know the child living next door to you is being abused by his parents', are you going to get involved and call the authorities, do what needs to be done to save that child's life or are you going to sit and pray that the authorities show up and save that child's life?? Are you going to pray for the parent's that they have a change of heart. And if your prayer isn't answered and that child dies as a result of abuse, something that you could have stepped in and helped, do you not think you are going to be held accountible for turning a blind eye? God works through us Kross, he doesn't expect us to only pray, he wants prayers and faith and he wants us to stand up for what's right. Jesus did and that's the example I'll take.

Actually, I would go and talk with the parents. Share the gospel and pray.

Which, by the way, is the example JESUS gave us. Again, I read my Bible and I do not see JESUS turning people over to the authorities. I do not see HIM stopping children from being sacrificed in the temples, I do not see the example you are talking about. Could you give me scriptures?

Kross,

Being in a POSITION of authority does not stop a person from being a servant to all.

God has given us talents and gifts which are to be used for his glory in all walks of life and positions.

There is nothing against God in being in leadership.

David was a KING.

Luke was a Doctor.

Peter was a Fisherman.

Their walks of life did not stop them from loving God and serving HIM.

Yea, I know. It was the context of the statement that indicated the idea of lauding it over someone for the purpose of forcing them to live the way the authority wants.

I believe in Christians in leadership, IF they are there to preach the gospel, to use the Bully Pulpit as a pulpit, If they are there so they can compromise and fail to preach the gospel, to use position to force a life style on those who do not agree with them.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  89
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  10/09/1977

Actually, I would go and talk with the parents. Share the gospel and pray.

Which, by the way, is the example JESUS gave us. Again, I read my Bible and I do not see JESUS turning people over to the authorities. I do not see HIM stopping children from being sacrificed in the temples, I do not see the example you are talking about. Could you give me scriptures?

Come on now Kross, am I to believe a Pastor would use my weakness against me to prove I'm wrong?? Because your a Pastor and are well schooled in Bible Verses doesn't mean you are 100% right. And for what it's worth, I'm no fool, Jesus was the Authorities. He wouldn't have had to turn anyone in, he would have stood up and done what was right for the sake of the child's life and you and I and pretty much anyone else who believes in Jesus knows that.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  3,292
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

His message has merit, but the delivery of it needs a great deal of work.

Do you treat your own flock the way you treat people here Kross? Last time I checked, you are supposed to treat your Christian brothers and sisters with love and respect, not contempt and arrogance. Any Christian brothers and sisters, not just the ones in your own church. I hope you treat them better than you treat us.

Problem is...I don't think he lives by his own preaching.

In another thread he is calling for a flat tax...furthermore he is calling for debate on the flat tax. That flies right in the face of what he is preaching here. Especially the part about not trying to "force a lifestyle" on those who disagree or being "all wrapped up in the concerns of the world." He doesn't vote...he isn't active...he thinks we should all sit around and see what God allows to happen...but he wants to see more debate about our tax system that he calls a "disaster."

Maybe Kross only has these strong convictions when they are not affecting his bottom line?? :cool:

Which, by the way, is the example JESUS gave us. Again, I read my Bible and I do not see JESUS turning people over to the authorities. I do not see HIM stopping children from being sacrificed in the temples, I do not see the example you are talking about.

All you have to do read the Word to find the examples you're looking for.

Didn't Christ stop a woman from being stoned to death?

How many demons did He cast out?

He healed 10 lepers, yet only 1 gave thanks.

How many lives did He save through His healings?

How many more lives did He save as a result of giving up His?

If you can't find examples, you ain't looking.

Could you give me scriptures?

James 4

17 Therefore, to him who knows to do good and does not do it, to him it is sin.