• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  280
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1965

Just a question ?????????????????????? :whistling:

When the Lord returns do believers go into the millennial kingdom in their mortal bodies?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member

Just a question ?????????????????????? :whistling:

When the Lord returns do believers go into the millennial kingdom in their mortal bodies?

nO

Hi Rufus,

What makes you say no?

If they don't go into the millennial kingdom in their mortal bodies, what bodies are they in?

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  221
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  08/21/1957

Just a question ?????????????????????? :emot-hug:

This is my understanding, though I know that there are a variety of opinions among very strong Christians regarding this subject. I believe in the Rapture. 1 Thessalonians 4:17 says: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air; and so shall we ever be with the Lord." "Caught up" literally means "rapture". 1 Corinthians 15:51-52 says, "Behold, I shew you a mystery; we shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump; for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal shall put on immortality..." This means that those raptured will not have mortal bodies, but will receive immortal bodies fit for eternity in heaven. Again, those who believe in a Rapture believe it could occur either at the biginning, middle, or end of the Tribulation, but ALL who believe in the Rapture believe that it occurs before the Millennium. Thus, those who were Raptured will have immortal bodies during the Millennium.

BUT, there are also Tribulation saints. These are people who become believers after the Rapture. They've missed the Rapture, yet they are still believers. If they do not die during the Millennium, then they will still have mortal bodies, since they missed the time the bodies changed. Isaiah 65:20 says of these people during the Millennium, "There shall be no more thence an infant of days, nor an old man that hath not filled his days: for the child shall die an hundred years old; but the sinner being an hundred years old shll be accursed." This can't mean heaven because there is no death in heaven. I've used the KJV because I have a giant-print KJV, and poor eyesight, but a version closer to today's language might help here. "No longer will babies die when only a few days old. No longer will adults die before they have lived a full life. No longer will people be considered old at one hundred! Only sinners will die that young!" The reason I quote the verse is to say that immortal (incorruptible) bodies do not die -- only corruptible (mortal) ones. These, then are those who are believers when the Millennium began, but missed the Rapture. In 1,000 years, they have children, and those children may or may not become believers. The onles who do NOT become believers are the "sinners" who "die" young -- at 100. The reason longer life is possible during the Millennium is the same reason it was possible for Adam and Eve and the other generations listed in Genesis 5 -- there was not as much sin or disease on earth.

So, the quick response to your question is that there will be both mortal and immortal bodies during the millennium. But, at the end of the Millennium, when God creates a new heaven and a new earth (Revelation 21:1) -- ALL believers, including the mortal ones during the Millennium -- will receive immortal bodies.

Rhonda

Guest R. Barlow PhD

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

I am not sure, for some of the ones there will be the ones returning with Christ as well as those that made it through the Tribulation with out bending a knee or worshipping the beast or taking the mark, those that make it through will be with Christ also during the Millinium.....

there is information that is not listed in the Bible, for if it was, satan would be trying to use it to his advantage. God has kept all the knowledge from us, we have enough to do with what we need..... and that is following Christ full examples and worshipping God, doing God's work...

mike

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

No because when Jesus comes all believers who are alive will be changed and all those who are dead in Christ will be raised. However going into the Millennium there will still be people living who will have survived the wrath of God. Read Eze 39:8-16. These prophetic verses take place after the battle of Armageddon so we know that there will still be people alive when the millennium comes.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  11/07/1956

Isn't it going to be totally cool? I get excited thinking about it. I guess that is why Paul said to encourage each other with these things.

Why would mortal bodies go into an earthly kingdom in immortal bodies. Doesn't the kingdom reign revert back to what it was in Adam and Eve's time before sin entered the world. God had complete rule over Adam and Eve until Satan took that rule by convincing Eve to partake of the fruit from the tree of knowledge of good and evil and she gave to Adam to try.

The millennial reign is over mortal nations who will come and worship the King in Jerusalem these are believers from all nations who have survived the attacks that came up against them from the none believing nations. The none believing nations are cast out into outer darkness awaiting judgment.

Matthew 8:11-13

11And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven. 12But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Zechariah 14:16

16And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles. 17And it shall be, that whoso will not come up of all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain. 18And if the family of Egypt go not up, and come not, that have no rain; there shall be the plague, wherewith the LORD will smite the heathen that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles. 19This shall be the punishment of Egypt, and the punishment of all nations that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.

In our immortal bodies we feel no pain we do not suffer any afflictions.

Revelation 21:4

4And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

So the punishment for not obeying and worshiping Christ as King would not affect the immortal bodies. Another thing why would those who have immortal bodies go against their King, they are without sin for they have incorruptable bodies.

During the millennial reign there are those who turn against their King, this is not the actions of immortal people. Those who turn against Christ will gather together under the rule of Satan at the end of the Millennial kingdom and go up against the camp of the saints.

Revelation 20:9

And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

Once again this is not the action of immortal and incorruptable souls, it is the action of mortal, corruptable souls.

• 2 weeks later...

• Content Count:  12
  • Birthday:  01/02/1977

Hi everybody!

This is my first post here. I can't start an new topic yet so I thought that this thread may be a good place to jump in.

The topic of the thread is a great issue to search out. It has perplexed me for years. My big Q is this: Since Jesus returns when Israel is repentant and is wanting his return, and all the believing Jews (and Gentiles) will be transformed into glorified bodies at his return, what mortal Jews will populate millennial Israel? It is not an impossible question to answer. But it does stretch your mind a bit to look deeper.

I am sorry to change the subject, but here is my synopsis of the rapture, which has everything to do with the second coming of Christ, which this thread is about:

I placed all the relevant passages that deal with the rapture in chronological order and picked them apart. This is what I came up with. If you find your beliefs challenged, re-examine them in the light of scripture interpreted in the order that God gave it.

The Tribulation

12:1

Edited by adimus

• Content Count:  12
  • Birthday:  01/02/1977

Thanks a lot. This post has raised quite a ruckus at some other places. I only ask that people actually read it and then show me where I am taking anything out of context. Obviously I worked hard on this and I believe that it is simple enough and accurately presented.