SoulGrind

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  63
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Good ideas raised, but :thumbsup: Eventually, everything will fall into its place, eventually...

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

Good ideas raised, but :laugh: Eventually, everything will fall into its place, eventually...

Nice posts! If you keep searching, you'll find the answers your looking for. :rolleyes:

Guest HIS girl
I think too much gets read into the term atheist. Atheism is just the lack of belief in a deity or deities, it really gives you very little information about that persons other opinions, beliefs or world view.

Yeah but alot of today's World views stem from Christain roots/values.

Human rights for one.

Without human rights, we would be a lower level of human race.

I think too much gets read into the term atheist. Atheism is just the lack of belief in a deity or deities, it really gives you very little information about that persons other opinions, beliefs or world view.

Human rights for one.

Human rights:

--> To own your own body ( abortion?)

--> No torture ( stone people?)

--> To own property ( not including women)

--> To get a fair trial ( at first, who won, the peasant or the priest)

It seems that when Christianity is removed, is when you get human rights. I don't know all of them exactly, these were just some.

Guest HIS girl

Human rights for one.

Human rights:

It seems that when Christianity is removed, is when you get human rights. I don't know all of them exactly, these were just some.

I said STEM from Christian roots.

Human rights for one.

Human rights:

I said STEM from Christian roots.

You lost me, do you have any examples?

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

I don't believe that anyone is an atheist. Everyone who claioms to be is really an agnostic. God has written His law on everyone's heart--so no one can legitimately say God doesn't exist. The first thing an "atheist" does is lie to himself.

Romans 2:12-16

When the Gentiles sin, they will be destroyed, even though they never had God

I don't believe that anyone is an atheist. Everyone who claioms to be is really an agnostic. God has written His law on everyone's heart--so no one can legitimately say God doesn't exist. The first thing an "atheist" does is lie to himself.

Well, I see. You leave me at a bit of a loss. I can't be an atheist because the Bible says God has written his law onto my heart? So presumably my moral behaviour is a direct result of God's law acting upon me? Now let's say, for the sake of argument, that you are correct about this much. What is there about this law that makes me, specifically, aware of God? For if I do not have any awareness of God through the law then I am still at liberty to reject belief in God. I am still at liberty to be an atheist. If the law imprinted upon me made me aware of God then I would not be an atheist, would I.

I would argue that even if you are correct about the law being imprinted upon me, my inability to sense God through the law still allows me to reject the existence of God and, truthfully, define myself as an atheist.

I am correct.

The Holy Spirit of God will move on you at some point to cause you to question. It is your decision to accept His advances or to reject them. You may call yourself whatever you wish, but there is no such thing as an atheist...only one who decides to deny Him, the great I Am---because He is.

Well, I see. You leave me at a bit of a loss. I can't be an atheist because the Bible says God has written his law onto my heart? So presumably my moral behaviour is a direct result of God's law acting upon me? Now let's say, for the sake of argument, that you are correct about this much. What is there about this law that makes me, specifically, aware of God? For if I do not have any awareness of God through the law then I am still at liberty to reject belief in God. I am still at liberty to be an atheist. If the law imprinted upon me made me aware of God then I would not be an atheist, would I.

I would argue that even if you are correct about the law being imprinted upon me, my inability to sense God through the law still allows me to reject the existence of God and, truthfully, define myself as an atheist.

I am correct.

The Holy Spirit of God will move on you at some point to cause you to question. It is your decision to accept His advances or to reject them. You may call yourself whatever you wish, but there is no such thing as an atheist...only one who decides to deny Him, the great I Am---because He is.

You bolded my main point but did not address the question. Assuming you are correct about God imprinting His law upon me I must still be able to sense God or your point about atheism not being real is moot. If I can not sense God in this imposed law then I can call myself atheist without fear of being called a liar, and atheism is real. If I did sense God in the imposed law, as you wrongly claimed, then I would not choose to be an atheist.

If I were to make the same argument as yourself I would say you do not really believe in God, you are only lying to yourself, and one day you will come to that realization because in the end reason must prevail.

The Holy Spirit of God will move on you at some point to cause you to question.
You don't know this, you're only presuming. It's a position imposed upon you by the fervour of your own belief. See, how I am claiming to know something about you, without knowing you. You can't claim to know I will ever change my mind, or even claim to know the mind of God the way you say you do. If there is a God you don't know absolutely that he will lift the darkness from my eyes. You are only guessing, and you can't presume to know that I really am only fooling myself about my atheism. If there is one thing we both can agree on it is that I know myself better than you know me.

No. I know it as plainly as I know my own father and/or mother. That is the miracle of knowing God. I know not whether you will respond to God in a positive way or not. That is not up to me to know.

As a child of God, I do have access to His heart. His word assures me that believers have the mind of Christ. There is no guesswork involved here.

Without Jesus, no one really knows themselves, for we can only know our true selves through Him.

Jesus

And it came to pass, when Joshua was by Jericho, that he lifted up his eyes and looked,

and, behold, there stood a man over against him with his sword drawn in his hand:

and Joshua went unto him, and said unto him,

Art thou for us, or for our adversaries? Joshua 5:13

Is LORD

And he said, Nay; but as captain of the host of the LORD am I now come. And Joshua fell on his face to the earth, and did worship,

and said unto him, What saith my lord unto his servant? And the captain of the LORD's host said unto Joshua,

Loose thy shoe from off thy foot; for the place whereon thou standest is holy.

And Joshua did so. Joshua 5:14-15

:noidea:

I take strong exception to atheism being called a religion. Atheism is strictly the absence of belief in God. I can name many things for which there is an absence of belief, yet none of those things would be termed a religion.

:)

Friend

Can You Not

See Anything Spiritual

But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,

lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

2 Corinthians 4:3-4

In Your Strong Assertion Of Faith

In The Strict Adherence To The Sin Of The Absence Of Belief

Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief,

in departing from the living God.

Hebrews 3:12

In The Love, The Words, The Life, The Death, The Resurrection, The Ascension,

The Imminent Return, The Thousand Year Earthly Reign And The Future Righteous Judgement

Of The Lamb Of God, The Redeemer Of Repentant Sinners, The Captain Of The Host Of The LORD, Jesus The Christ

Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing.

Revelation 5:12

:thumbsup:

:emot-heartbeat:

The Benchmark

The Bible Is The Gold Standard Of Truth To Those Who Would Know HIM

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

2 Timothy 3:16-17

And It Shows Us Our Past

For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Romans 3:23

And Our Present

He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad.

Matthew 12:30

And Our Future

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned:

but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

John 3:17-18

And Our God

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God.

All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

John 1:1-3

Trust God

:emot-pray:

See Jesus, Believe And

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace. Numbers 6:24-26

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:27

Love, Joe

Then said I,

Woe is me! for I am undone;

because I am a man of unclean lips,

and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips:

for mine eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts.

Then flew one of the seraphims unto me, having a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with the tongs from off the altar:

And he laid it upon my mouth, and said, Lo, this hath touched thy lips; and thine iniquity is taken away, and thy sin purged.

Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?

Then said I, Here am I; send me. Isaiah 6:5-8