• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

Jesus told us that love for God and love for your neighbor sums up the commandments. So are you all saying that the ten commandments are of no effect as long as I have love?(i.e. can I kill somebody because I love them enough for them not to experience this evil world). If the fourth commandment was given at the same time and written with the same finger on stone with "thou shalt not steal", how come i don't have to keep the fourth commandment, but I can't still can't steal or kill, or commit adultery, or even worship another god? Paul said you shouldn't let anyone judge you by esteeming one day above the other. Where does the sabbath fall in there, because the only days that were different back then were the different days for customs and festivals. If you look at bible history compared to secular history, you will see that the sabbath wasn't changed until around A.D. 200 by the Church of Rome. So why are bible believing christians following the traditions instituted by the roman "beast", when there isn't any sound biblical doctrines to support the change? Wouldn't the Bible have clearly stated the change if there was a change to the unchanging universal law? Wouldn't Jesus have clearly stated the change when He was on earth so there wouldn't be any confusion about it, if it is the same laws he wrote with his finger? I've heard all of the arguments about not keeping the true Sabbath and none of them have stood up to the test of the scriptures. And why don't the majority of churches try to understand the mark of the beast if it's not related to the fourth commandment? Can somebody please explain this with CLEAR BIBLICAL proof without personal emotions and selfish perceptions?

So essentially you're saying that all of the Christian denominations that do not observe the Sabbath on Saturday are following the beast, have received the mark of the beast?

Frankly, that's the most absurd thing I think I've ever read.

Rome didn't change the Sabbath to Sunday in A.D. 200. There was a separate observance conducted on the first day of the week by the first century Christians, according to Acts 20:7. This observance was a remembrance of Jesus, of His "last supper" which was also on the first day of the Passover (Matt. 26:17). The Lord's resurrection was also on the first day of the week (The morning of that day. Mark 16:2, 9). What we observe on the first day of the week is mainly in remembrance of the Lord Jesus. It is not a replacement of the Sabbath. As I pointed out my first reply, gentiles have never been commanded to observe the Sabbath.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  268
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  02/25/2004

I find peace and rest in Hebrews 4.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,791
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  06/13/1977

I don't think they ran off the same calander we do. I am free in Christ Jesus...everyday I take time with Him. What I call Sabbath time. Cause guess what it doesn't only have to be one day anymore. As long as you take your rest you are remembering the sabbath

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Jesus told us that love for God and love for your neighbor sums up the commandments. So are you all saying that the ten commandments are of no effect as long as I have love?

I don't believe anyone has stated that.........................have they?

And why don't the majority of churches try to understand the mark of the beast if it's not related to the fourth commandment?

What does the mark of the beast have to do with the Sabbath?

I've heard all of the arguments about not keeping the true Sabbath

What is the true Sabbath?

For me the true sabbath is to trust and rest in Jesus for :laugh: my Salvation!! :)

Amen, sister! :thumbsup:

Jesus told us that love for God and love for your neighbor sums up the commandments. So are you all saying that the ten commandments are of no effect as long as I have love?

I don't believe anyone has stated that.........................have they?

And why don't the majority of churches try to understand the mark of the beast if it's not related to the fourth commandment?

What does the mark of the beast have to do with the Sabbath?

I've heard all of the arguments about not keeping the true Sabbath

What is the true Sabbath?

For me the true sabbath is to trust and rest in Jesus for :emot-heartbeat: my Salvation!! :emot-hug:

For you the true Sabbath is this or that, the Sabbath is what God says it is not what you say it is.

Christ is the reality of all the items in the Old Testament.

That is simply a fact.

I find peace and rest in Hebrews 4.

the rest in Hebrews 4 is referring to the Millennium.

Actually, it's referring to Christ:

" 91 This Sabbath rest is Christ as our rest, typified by the good land of Canaan (Deut. 12:9; Heb. 4:8). Christ is rest to the saints in three stages: (1) in the church age, as the heavenly Christ, the One who rests from His work and sits on the right hand of God in the heavens, He is the rest to us in our spirit (Matt. 11:28-29); (2) in the millennial kingdom, after Satan is removed from this earth (Rev. 20:1-3), Christ with the kingdom will be the rest in a fuller way to the overcoming saints, who will be His co-kings (Rev. 20:4, 6), sharing and enjoying His rest; (3) in the new heaven and new earth, after all the enemies, including death, the last enemy, have been made subject to Him (1 Cor. 15:24-27), Christ, as the all-conquering One, will be the rest in the fullest way to all God's redeemed for eternity. But the Sabbath rest mentioned here and typified by the rest of the good land of Canaan covers only the first two stages of Christ's being our rest; it does not include the third stage. The rest in the first two stages is a prize to His diligent seekers, who not only are redeemed but also have enjoyed Him in a full way, thus becoming the overcomers; whereas the rest in the third stage is not a prize but the full portion allotted to all the redeemed ones. Therefore, in the first two stages, and especially in the second, Christ as our rest is the Sabbath rest mentioned here, the rest that remains for us to seek after and enter into diligently. It is in the second stage of His being our rest that Christ will take possession of the whole earth as His inheritance (Psa. 2:8; Heb. 2:5-6), making it His kingdom for a thousand years (Rev. 11:15). All His overcoming followers who seek and enjoy Him as their rest in the first stage will participate in His reign in the millennium (Rev. 20:4, 6; 2 Tim. 2:12). Moreover, they will inherit the earth (Matt. 5:5; Psa. 37:11), some having authority over ten cities, some over five (Luke 19:17, 19), and will partake of the joy of their Lord (Matt. 25:21, 23). That will be the kingdom rest, which is typified by the rest of entering into the good land of Canaan. The rest of the good land was the goal of all the children of Israel, who had been redeemed and delivered from Egypt; likewise, the rest of the coming kingdom is the goal of the New Testament believers, who have been redeemed and saved from the world. We are now all on the way toward this goal.

God's full salvation, which He intended for the children of Israel, included redemption through the Passover lamb, the exodus from Egypt, feeding on the heavenly manna, having their thirst quenched by the living water from the cleft rock, and partaking of the good land of Canaan. All the children of Israel shared in the Passover lamb, the heavenly manna, and the living water, but only Joshua and Caleb, out of those who shared the exodus from Egypt, entered into the good land and partook of it; all the rest fell in the wilderness (Num. 14:30; 1 Cor. 10:1-11). Though all were redeemed, only the two overcomers, Joshua and Caleb, received the prize of the good land.

The Passover lamb, the heavenly manna, the living water, and the good land of Canaan are all types of different aspects of Christ. According to what is depicted by the experiences of the children of Israel, not all believers who have been redeemed through Christ will partake of Christ as a prize, as their rest, their satisfaction, in both the church age and the coming kingdom; only those who, after being redeemed, seek Christ diligently will partake of Him in such a way. This is why the apostle Paul, though fully redeemed, was still pursuing toward the goal that he might gain Christ as the prize (Phil. 3:10-14). In Phil. 3 Paul told us that he had been in Judaism but that for Christ's sake he had given it up (Phil. 3:4-9). Here, in this book, the writer held the same concept, encouraging the Hebrew believers to forsake Judaism and press toward Christ so that they would not miss the prize."

http://online.recoveryversion.org/FootNotes.asp?FNtsID=7246

Why is the only commandment that begins with the word "Remember" the only commandment that many people say to forget? And why is it such a controversial subject between so many Bible believing Christians if all claim the bible to be the true and unchanging Word of God? And if the mark of the beast is the final test for our generation, why isn't the churches preaching about it and trying to come to the truth on the subject?

I've heard and read in numerous places that the mark of the beast is directly linked in opposition to this one commandment, not the common deceptions of the devil about the microchip, or tattoo, or some visible marking. They said the devils deception is to create a "counterfeit religion" that professes to follow God and Jesus, without really understanding the true origins their religion and traditions. Taking to account that Satan's master craft is deception, and his reason for getting kicked out of heaven was because he wanted to "ascend his throne above God's", it made a lot of sense to me.

The Bible says the the ones who overcomes the beast, his name, and his mark are the ones who "keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus" (Rev 14).

I started searching the word earnestly when the Lord brought me out of the world, and when I read revelation, it just seemed to be an urgent warning to mankind, considering we are living in the church of Laodecia. When I came across it, it started to make me think and wonder if the deceptions of the devil is far deeper than we think. I don't want to start a denomination bashing session!! I just want to see if anybody else has ever considered these thoughts.

Let's see.....now that I'm a Christian, I have to be circumcised and keep the law of Moses.....why does that sound familiar....?

:24::24::24:

No Kidding!

:emot-heartbeat:

Fallen?

Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing.

For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law.

Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace. Galatians 5:1-3

From Grace

Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God. Hebrews 3:12

Or Believers In Jesus

Epaphras, who is one of you, a servant of Christ, saluteth you,

always labouring fervently for you in prayers, that ye may stand perfect and complete in all the will of God. Colossians 4:12

Have You Heard?

:emot-pray:

:emot-heartbeat:

Saved?

Is It True

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son,

that whosoever believeth in him should not perish,

but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Jesus Saves

Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,

despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. Hebrews 12:2

Through Faith

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Not of works, lest any man should boast. Ephesians 2:8-9

In His Holy Name

And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered:

for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call. Joel 2:32

And Even Elders Believed

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

For by it the elders obtained a good report. Hebrews 12:1-2

And Walked By Faith

Behold, his soul which is lifted up is not upright in him: but the just shall live by his faith. Habakkuk 2:4

And Were Saved

But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. Hebrews 11:6

By His Words

Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.

Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. John 15:3-4

Have You Heard?

Have You Heard?

Have You Heard? It Was Jesus Who Walked With Adam And Eve In The Garden

No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him. John 1:8

And It Was He Who Talked Face To Face With Moses Giving Us His Law

And there arose not a prophet since in Israel like unto Moses, whom the LORD knew face to face, Deuteronomy 34:10

And Jesus Who Puts His Name Upon Us As His Mark

And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:

And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads. Revelation 22:3-4

And Jesus Who Is The Only Way

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. John 14:6

And Jesus Who Is The Judge

But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ. Romans 14:10

And Jesus Is LORD

For thy Maker is thine husband; the LORD of hosts is his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel;

The God of the whole earth shall he be called. Isaiah 54:5

Have You Heard?

• Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.24
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

I'm curious. Isa. 66.23 says, "And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD." This is obviously referring to the new earth.

If Jesus is the sabbath, and he is right there with us, why would we worship on the sabbath there?

• Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.24
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

I'm curious. Isa. 66.23 says, "And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD." This is obviously referring to the new earth.

If Jesus is the sabbath, and he is right there with us, why would we worship on the sabbath there?

It's a false dilemma. You're assuming that Isaiah is referring to "the new earth." Readi it in the context that Isaiah was writing in and the 'problem' resolves itself.

What is he referring to?

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,683
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/14/1962

Why is the only commandment that begins with the word "Remember" the ony commandment that many people say to forget? And why is it such a controversial subject between so many Bible believing Christians if all claim the bible to be the true and unchanging Word of God? And if the mark of the beast is the final test for our generation, why isn't the churches preaching about it and trying to come to the truth on the subject?

I've heard and read in numerous places that the mark of the beast is directly linked in opposition to this one commandment, not the common deceptions of the devil about the microchip, or tattoo, or some visible marking. They said the devils deception is to create a "counterfeit religion" that professes to follow God and Jesus, without really understanding the true orgins their religion and traditions. Taking to account that Satan's master craft is deception, and his reason for getting kicked out of heaven was because he wanted to "ascend his throne above God's", it made alot of sense to me.

The Bible says the the ones who overcomes the beast, his name, and his mark are the ones who "keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus" (Rev 14).

I started searching the word earnestly when the Lord brought me out of the world, and when I read revelation, it just seemd to be an urgent warning to mankind, considering we are living in the church of Laodecia. When I came across it, it started to make me think and wonder if the deceptions of the devil is far deeper than we think. I don't want to start a denomination bashing session!! I just want to see if anybody else has ever considered these thoughts.

Very good question;and yes we do need to be concened. It seems like we should realy be concentrating on Revelations right now. I too have heard about the sabbath controversy, but it just seems really difficult for me to believe that our God would even consider making the day of the week an issue, much less defining it as the mark. David