Is Christmas really Christian?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  17
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

His-Will-Be-Done: Before you embarass yourself further, please read THE LIFE AND TIMES OF JESUS THE MESSIAH. I think you will find the argument for a birth date of Jesus around late December, quite compelling.

Arguement for the birth of Jesus? It is not wisodm to rely on the writings of worldy men who try and justify their disobedience. Scripture makes it clear that one should not observe any holiday or birthday.

Galatians

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.24
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

this is the most wicked time of the year.

Do you think it's worse than Halloween?

this is the most wicked time of the year.

Do you think it's worse than Halloween?

Yes, it is more wicked than Halloween there is more spiritual wicked activity throughout the months leading up to it. People generally are plan or think months and months ahead of time what they will be planning on doing for Christ-Mass, people max out their credit cards, take out loans, and spend most of the year paying them off only to do it again. Its a spiritual disease that spreads quite rampantly to those that do not have a heart for God. Think about it, In October people are already planning to get costumes and head out for partying and involve themselves in drunkness, fornication, and adulterous acts. Spritual wickedness only intensifies leading up the the "moment." Then in November they crank out the "festive holiday" gimmicks. More advertising, more anticipation, more frowardness. Spritual attacks by the enemy increase throughout these months as we approach that day. Then when it appears done and done, theres New years eve where once again people rejoice in their sin by getting drunk, high, fornicating, and commiting all sorts of abominable acts. And what does man say? Oh be careful and drive home safely, dont drink and drive, use protection. Where is godliness? Where holiness?

Both are evil but the spiritual activity is more prevelant in the time leading up to Xmas. Halloween is just the beginning of the intensity. This is when seducing spirits are more active running around trying to entice the hearts of all born again Christians. Using whatever means to get them to participate in any way possible.

Do you remember what happened to the Israelite Men that forincated with the strange women of Midian and then went onto serve their idols?

Balaam knew that he could not curse them so what he devised, was a plan on getting God's people out of God's cover. He knew that by commitng sin and rebeling against God's commandments they would no longer be under God's covering thus bringing upon themselves swift destruction. The men knew very well what God's commandemts were about going after non-Israelite women much more the cosequences of commitng fornication and idolatry on top of it. They were tempted and gave into being enticed by these devils operating in those women. Therefore they were killed. Same goes with us those who know God's commandments and yet do not listen to them, We'll will suffer more than one who didnt. God is not mocked. Amen

Numbers

Edited by HIS_WILL_BE_DONE

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you,

HWBD,

Could you explain scripturally what constitues sin in the eyes of God? I mean literally at it's base root. :thumbsup:

Peace,

Dave

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

His-Will-Be-Done: Before you embarass yourself further, please read THE LIFE AND TIMES OF JESUS THE MESSIAH. I think you will find the argument for a birth date of Jesus around late December, quite compelling.

Arguement for the birth of Jesus? It is not wisodm to rely on the writings of worldy men who try and justify their disobedience. Scripture makes it clear that one should not observe any holiday or birthday.

Galatians 4:9-11 "But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage?Ye observe days, and months, and times, and years.

I am afraid of you, lest I have bestowed upon you labour in vain."

Scripture also tells us: 2Timothy 4:2 "Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine."

Isaiah 8:20 "To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them."

I see nothing in these passages that prohibits marking a birthday or holiday. Jesus himself celebrated Passover. :thumbsup:

Guest shiloh357
If I have said anything evil to anyone bare witness, if not, why are you attacking me for something that is not true?

You are saying God's words are trash by saying so. I have used scripture and properly applied it according to the subject matter.

But regardless, I forgive you for your attack.

I did not attack you. I simply and correctly assessed the value of your information.

You have not used Scripture. You have misused Scripture and applied to an issue it was never meant to address.

Most of the "Christmas is pagan" nonsense is based on "junk history." I did not call the Scriptures trash. I called your irresposible and slopply handling of the Scripture "trash."

Guest shiloh357
FACT

DID YOU KNOW XMAS USE TO BE OUTLAWED IN ENGLAND AND IN PARTS OF THE U.S?

Yes I did know that. Want to know the "rest of the story?"

The reason that CHRISTmas was outlawed was because just a few hundred years ago, Christmas did not resemble anything like it does today.

300 - 400 years ago, Christmas was a day for drunkness, adultery, prostitution and so forth. More crime was committed in that season. It was out of this sinful lifestyle that the "Wassailing" tradition was derived.

At that time, it was not about Christmas trees and carols and the trappings we currently associate with the holiday.

THIS DATE WAS ORIGINALLY CELEBRATED TO COMMEMORATE THE ABOMINABLE BIRTH OF MITHRAS A PAGAN SUN DIETY. CHRISTMAS IS COMPOSED ENTIRELY OF PAGANISM CLOAKED WITH A DISPLAY OF PSEUDO-CHRISTIANITY

Funny how absolutely NO archeological evidence has ever been dug up to confirm this. I am always amused at all of the carryings-on about this. If our current Christmas celebrations were the outgrowth of ancient paganism, then we should be able to find evidence of said traditions in ancient archeological records, but we don't.

(Read Carefully: The next verse confirms that Jesus Christ had already been born for at least two years prior to the visitation of the wise men at his home not at the manger. King Herod ordered the slaying of children in Bethlehem two years old and under according to the period of time that he had been informed that Christ was said to be already living on the Earth.)
The entire birth narrative, including the story of the wisemen, the flight into Egypt right up to Jesus being dedicated at the Temple, all of that took place inside of 30 days, NOT two years as we know them to be.

DOES THIS SOUND FAMILIAR TO YOU?