Is Christmas really Christian?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

The roll of eyes is not a kind gesture to make to a fellow Christian.

The 'roll of eyes' is an EMOTICON, my friend. I was responding to your assertion that holidays were not mentioned in Scripture and the emoticon is in no way 'unkind'; it conveys my disagreement with your statement. Unkind would be to shake a fist at you or stick out my tongue. Jesus DID celebrate Passover, which is a holiday, regardless of His reasons for doing so. :emot-pray: (This one means I think my statement was cool.)

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thus, for the Native American who regards an eagle feather as a symbol of eternal life, the NA Christians use the eagle feather as an expression of praise to Jesus. And that's just scratching the surface.

Are you sure about that?

Guest shiloh357
Thus, for the Native American who regards an eagle feather as a symbol of eternal life, the NA Christians use the eagle feather as an expression of praise to Jesus. And that's just scratching the surface.

Are you sure about that?

I am. I have learned enough about Native American art to know the meaning of some of their symbolism, and I can actually verify what Nebula said.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  17
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

That is complete IDOLATRY and false worship.

Edited by His_Will_Be_Done

Are you sure about that?

I am. I have learned enough about Native American art to know the meaning of some of their symbolism, and I can actually verify what Nebula said.

Well I've been an indian all my life, and that's the first I've ever heard of it.

I was taught as a child that they represent honesty, truth, majesty, strength, courage, wisdom, power and freedom. But that was almost 50 years ago. I guess things change with time.

There's a big difference between indian art and indian customs.

There are also differences between tribes.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Well I've been an indian all my life, and that's the first I've ever heard of it.

I was taught as a child that they represent honesty, truth, majesty, strength, courage, wisdom, power and freedom. But that was almost 50 years ago. I guess things change with time.

There's a big difference between indian art and indian customs.

There are also differences between tribes.

I didn't know that!

Which tribe are you a part of?

My statement, though, comes from what I have heard from other Natives. I did not it was regarded another way by other tribes. My apologies.

But anyway, for those that do regard it as a symbol.....

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

No one said they worshiped the feather!

They just use it as a symbol.

Like Patrick used the clover.

Don't you have symbols to point you to Jesus and the sacrifice He made and the new life He gave you?

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  692
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/02/1946

Colossians tells us that Jesus "blotted out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, took it out of the way, nailing it to the cross. The legalism which so many liked to hold over others was removed.

In chapter 2:16 it says "let no man therefore judge you in meat, or drink, or in respect of a holyday (festival), or in the new moon, or or of the sabbath day".

False teachers in that day were insistant on abstinence from certain foods and observance of certain days. Paul says they were dispersed by the coming of Christ.

I suppose if someone wants to live in legalsim, so be it.

Guest shiloh357

A thinking person knows the difference between a symbol and an idol. An idol is something you worship as a god. A symbol is just a reminder or an emblem of a spritual truth.

You really don't know what you are talking about.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Well, I've said it all. I do hope that after a frank exchange of views, each of us will study that which is new to them (Like Edersheim's LIFE AND TIMES OF JESUS THE MESSIAH......)