IGNORED

head coverings

Darling_Deedee

Guest HIS girl
I wear my hair long, not super long, but past my shoulders.

I am thinking that this only applies if a woman also believes in submission to a man. :)

I believe in submitting to the Husband, pity my hair refuses to grow past my shoulder blades......I'd much prefer it down to the waist but it's not likely to happen.......even if my hair was crew cut...I would STILL be submitting to my Husband.....

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Biblicist
I wear my hair long, not super long, but past my shoulders.

I am thinking that this only applies if a woman also believes in submission to a man. :)

I believe in submitting to the Husband, pity my hair refuses to grow past my shoulder blades......I'd much prefer it down to the waist but it's not likely to happen.......even if my hair was crew cut...I would STILL be submitting to my Husband.....

Good for you! :) It saddens me to think of what women are missing by not being Biblically submissive to their husbands. The blessings my own mother missed out on. Heartbreaking! :12:

I would say, about the length of your hair, God created your hair to grow the way it does. And the speed it does. He made it just the way HE wanted it. My hair is thin and fine, so it's difficult to get it to do anything. Took me years and years to realize that this is the way God wants it. So I decided to stop fighting against it and just straighten it! When I curl it I have to worry about it going straight, but if I straighten it, I don't have to worry about it curling up! :P Finally after 40 years I realize this! :24: Oh well, better late than never.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  2

My hair hasn't grown a centimeter in over 20 years now. :24: It's maybe an inch or two past my shoulders, but sometimes it gets pretty curly, so then it looks shorter.

You know, one thing about the 1 Cor 11 passage: what does a man who is wearing a hat do when he is going to pray? He takes his hat off. Men seem to know their part of the passage, that they are to pray with their heads uncovered. So I don't understand why there is so much controversy over the next part, that women are to pray with their heads covered.

:emot-hug:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

I think in another thread, a long time ago, in a galaxy far far away... :emot-hug:

Someone said that "long" means to flip. Meaning that the hair should be long enough to flip. IN that case my mother would definately need to cover her head, her hair hasn't flipped for 50 years...too much hair spray! :24:

:24:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,791
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/13/1977

My own hair goes to about my mid-lower back. Still there are times I feel convicted that I should cover before prayer.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  1,060
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  10/23/1970

1 Corinthians 11

2 I praise you for remembering me in everything and for holding to the teachings, just as I passed them on to you.

3 Now I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man, and the head of Christ is God. 4 Every man who prays or prophesies with his head covered dishonors his head. 5 And every woman who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonors her head

1 Corinthians 11

2 I praise you for remembering me in everything and for holding to the teachings, just as I passed them on to you.

3 Now I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man, and the head of Christ is God. 4 Every man who prays or prophesies with his head covered dishonors his head. 5 And every woman who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonors her head

I simply think it's a clear picture of God's order. Our God is a God of order.

That makes sense. Thanks, Bibs. However, did Paul literally mean "he [man] is the image and glory of God; but the woman is the glory of man."? This says that women are not the image and glory of God, but we are merely the glory of man. I'm hoping Paul is merely laying out the order of things and nothing more.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  4,079
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  5

About five years ago I wrote a thread about head coverings called "For this cause ought a woman to have power on her head . . . because of the angels"

You might find it an interesting read.

Peace.