artsylady

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  171
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  0

I was sitting in the dentist's office yesterday reading a magazine article about this family who traded homes with another family. It was a vacation where both families stayed in the other family's home, which were in 2 different countries. Obviously they saved a bundle on accommodation and food, as they could buy groceries and cook their food rather than eat in restaurants. Sounded like a neat idea and there were organizations that helped the families find each other.

I wondered if there were any Christian organizations like that? Wouldn't that be cool? I thought immediately of Gymrose in Australia and trading with her for a week! lol. Reading this GR? ;) And she could stay in my home the same week and we'd both have a cool vacation! We could attend each other's church's etc.

Obviously, we'd have to rent cars because of insurance laws etc, but it would save a lot on vacation and you'd enjoy all the comforts of home - just someone else's.

Anyway, does that sound cool or what? Anyone heard of Christian organizations like this, that help Christian people find each other and trade homes?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  658
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  10/01/1965

I haven't heard of any Christian organizations that do that. It sounds like it would be fun to do!!

Yukon ;)

• Topic Count:  31
  • Content Count:  862
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

WOW.......... YEAH..........COOL.........

I tell ya Dan would sure be in that............. BUT......... I don't know that you'd want our boys stayin in your nice freshly painted home.

Sounds so cool aaaaaaannnnnndddddddddd you'd get to stay in the home you played a part in us being able to buy. Everyone who prayed for us during such a seemingly impossible venture has contributed something so valuable to our lives and Artsy and Yukon that SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO includes you guys.

How cool would it be to do that hey. ;):P:t2:

• Topic Count:  171
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

Wow! Cool! GR You wouldn't have to worry about my house! Remember I have 3 and 4 year old very rambuctious boys! In fact, they broke my glass coffee table yesterday! I was so scared when I heard the crash but they were both fine, thank God. They kept crying and I thought they were hurt but they were also just scared.

Yukon! Would I have to become a fisherwoman for a week if I stayed at your place? Yikes! That's nice ice fishing I hope!

And I just found out my husband and I are going to visit his dad in Vegas! That means I'll meet Lady C in person! Won't that be cool???

Wow! Cool! GR You wouldn't have to worry about my house! Remember I have 3 and 4 year old very rambuctious boys! In fact, they broke my glass coffee table yesterday! I was so scared when I heard the crash but they were both fine, thank God. They kept crying and I thought they were hurt but they were also just scared.

Yukon! Would I have to become a fisherwoman for a week if I stayed at your place? Yikes! That's nice ice fishing I hope!

And I just found out my husband and I are going to visit his dad in Vegas! That means I'll meet Lady C in person! Won't that be cool???

artsylady, you will have to bring a jacket for the summer months because temps are between 45 and 68 during the day and cooler at night. It's short sleeve weather to me. You will have a beautiful view of the mountains, and get to listen to the eagles sing. I have to teach you how to drive my boat and show you where to fish for halibut. You can fly fish for sockeye on the weer.

If you visit in the winter then you can ice skate around the glacier and go into the big ice caves and explore the insides of the glacier. So many different colors of blue you will see.

Yukon ;)

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  141
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Hey that sounds really fun!! :t2: ... Though what if you don't quite have a house yet? ;) .... would you let ppl come and stay with ya? :P

People are always welcome to come and stay with us. Hillson didn't actually stay with us but he did have a meal with us and stayed for home group which was so cool.

Our doors are always open to friends. ;):P:t2:

My door is always open to welcome ppl too. I have many friends that let ppl stay with them also!!

Yukon ;)

Plenty of opportunities to stay with others and get to know one another too.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.93
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

artsylady, you will have to bring a jacket for the summer months because temps are between 45 and 68 during the day and cooler at night. It's short sleeve weather to me. You will have a beautiful view of the mountains, and get to listen to the eagles sing. I have to teach you how to drive my boat and show you where to fish for halibut. You can fly fish for sockeye on the weer.

If you visit in the winter then you can ice skate around the glacier and go into the big ice caves and explore the insides of the glacier. So many different colors of blue you will see.

Yukon ;)

I don't know about artsylady, but I'm sure drooling!!