• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  913
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/02/1969

Here's the problem.Are there such things as "good sprits"? My parents and I have had this debate for many years and it came up again today. I don't believe in ghost and any time I hear of hauntings or people talking about good spirits I believe they are actually demons.

We have had a couple of small instances of weird things happening in our home we just moved into a couple of months ago.I'm not afraid or anything like that, greater is He that is in me....but it brought up the topic of a spirit of a young boy that has followed my mother around for years, and it's true I have seen it before.

Years ago I told her it was not some harmless innocent but a demonic presence. I know that is what the Holy Spirit had told me yrs. ago and I hold firm to that conviction. So can anyone enlighten me about these things and what they really are?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't believe in ghost and any time I hear of hauntings or people talking about good spirits I believe they are actually demons.

You believe right.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Content Count:  163
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

I would have to agree and say that there are no ghosts of the dead hanging around.

Hebrews 9:27

And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment.

No one can somehow escape Gods judgment and hang around, I believe any so called haunting, is demonic in origin.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,773
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Birthday:  12/27/1957

You are correct. If Satan can convince people that the spirits of the dead walk among us, than what the Bible teaches is a lie. Every ghost story is a way to cast doubt on the spiritual truth of the scriptures.

And, they do intend harm. As long as they are welcome, they will slowly cause strife and trouble.

Guest tranzorz

yeah, no such thing as "good" spirits. i think some spirits aren't there to necessarily do harm, but they all try to distract us from seeking God.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.87

yeah, no such thing as "good" spirits. i think some spirits aren't there to necessarily do harm, but they all try to distract us from seeking God.

Actually, Angels are also spirit beings.

we are spirit beings bound in a physical body.

telling the difference is where the Gifts of the Spirit (GOOD SPIRIT) come in discerning of spirits is one of the Gifts of the Spirit and is the one used in telling the good from the bad, those with God and those against God. (some people believe they might have the "gift of discernment" there is no such gift. there is the Gift of Knowledge and the Gift of Wisdom which deal with knowing about other people. and these also will come and go as the Holy Spirit sees fit as the need arrises.

The spirits (angels) sent by God do not manifest themselves to you unless they have a reason to from God.

as was said above, a demon can and will follow follow people around, or dwell in a house with them, and will not usually molest the people there unless they start turning towards God or trying to rebuke them or try to chase them out of the house....

we have to know who we are dealing with, we have to be ready to deal with them and the only way to be prepared is by staying in the Word, praying and fasting..... spiritual warefare is not a game as some think....

mike

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.20
  • Days Won:  115

With out turning this into a discussion on the Gifts, since the subject is brought up, here is the scripture from 1 Corinthians 12:1-11

Now concerning spiritual gifts, brethren, I do not want you to be ignorant: You know that you were Gentiles, carried away to these dumb idols, however you were led. Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God calls Jesus accursed, and no one can say that Jesus is Lord except by the Holy Spirit.

There are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit. There are differences of ministries, but the same Lord. And there are diversities of activities, but it is the same God who works all in all. But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to each one for the profit of all: for to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, to another the word of knowledge through the same Spirit, to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healings by the same Spirit, to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another discerning of spirits, to another different kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues. But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually as He wills.

Now, I agree with the Irish's. An Angle is a spirit, a messenger from God, but His messenger never comes in a haunting manner. Any spirit that does come in a haunting manner, comes from Satan. There is no scriptural backing of any kind concerning a human spirit sticking around any place or person after passing. RigMedic gave scripture to back this.

Thanks everyone for the replies. I do believe in the gift of discerment, The Lord has given me this gift since I was a child, and it does come stronger at times more than others, for instance the demon in the image of a small boy that has followed my mother around for years is a very deceptive devil. My mother is a christian woman but is decieved in many areas of spirituality, believing this child is just a innocent lost soul is one example. The Holy Spirit told me years ago that this demon was a cause of alot of strife and deception in her spiritual walk. I told her this and as my mother said she told me "oh fiddlesticks".

Now concerning the small things that have happened in my new home do I ignore it or what? It isn't anything major just small things. I'm not afraid of it, I refuse to live inh a spirit of fear, for God has given me a spirit of power and boldness.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  23
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Thanks everyone for the replies. I do believe in the gift of discerment, The Lord has given me this gift since I was a child

Sorry, but you need to get this straight.

There is no such thing as the Gift of Discernment it is the "Gift of Discerning of Spirits".

This gift is not something that is given permanently to an individual it is meted out according to the need of the time at the will of the Holy Spirit. Nevertheless if we are open the Spirit He may use us several times in this same Gift.

The only Gifts that are permanent and reside in you are the Gifts in Romans 12. These are creational Gifts from the Father and have been given to all including non Christians. As the Father is no respector of persons and will not give one an advantage over another.

Merry Christmas.

Thanks everyone for the replies. I do believe in the gift of discerment, The Lord has given me this gift since I was a child

Sorry, but you need to get this straight.

There is no such thing as the Gift of Discernment it is the "Gift of Discerning of Spirits".

This gift is not something that is given permanently to an individual it is meted out according to the need of the time at the will of the Holy Spirit. Nevertheless if we are open the Spirit He may use us several times in this same Gift.

The only Gifts that are permanent and reside in you are the Gifts in Romans 12. These are creational Gifts from the Father and have been given to all including non Christians. As the Father is no respector of persons and will not give one an advantage over another.

Merry Christmas.

Okay so a difference of terminology about discernment.

But please show me where the gifts of !Cor. 12 are not permanent. Also where the gifts of Romans are for believers and non_believers alike. In both chapters it is talking about the "Body" and God's placement in the Church,

In 1Corinthins 12:7 "But the manifestationof the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal."

Def. of profit "To the benefit or advantage of an individual" Websters

Sorry don't have my Strongs concordence for a more accurate Biblical translation.