IGNORED

Did Jesus die for everyone?

larryt

Who did Jesus die for?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Jesus paid the debt for.......

• All men/women from Adam to the end.
    • Only believers before the cross & all men/women since the cross.
    • Only men/women since the cross none before.
    • Only His People in all times, none others.
    • Other.(please explain)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,773
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/27/1957

If Romans 9 is talking about the descendants of Esau and Jacob . . . and it is fulfilled in this world, than it cannot be applied to Esau and Jacob as individuals and their eternal fates.

Ge 25:21 And Isaac intreated the LORD for his wife, because she was barren: and the LORD was intreated of him, and Rebekah his wife conceived.

22 And the children struggled together within her; and she said, If it be so, why am I thus? And she went to enquire of the LORD.

23 And the LORD said unto her,
Two nations are in thy womb, and two manner of people shall be separated from thy bowels; and the one people shall be stronger than the other people; and the elder shall serve the younger.

The fact that GOD removed Esau from the lineage of the promise to Abraham goes directly to his eternal fate as not being one of GOD's chosen people.

Plus, considering the point of the post you responded to, the fact that GOD hates the whole nation, instead of just the one person, makes the point the poster was making stronger.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  4,043
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  5

The fact that GOD removed Esau from the lineage of the promise to Abraham goes directly to his eternal fate as not being one of GOD's chosen people.

Plus, considering the point of the post you responded to, the fact that GOD hates the whole nation, instead of just the one person, makes the point the poster was making stronger.

So . . . are you saying that Esau and all his descendants went (or are going) to hell?

So . . . are you saying that Esau and all his descendants went (or are going) to hell?

With the exception of those who in this time have called on the name of the LORD. They are the ones that made up the gentile nations whom GOD did not know when HE only "knew" Israel.

With the exception of those who in this time have called on the name of the LORD. They are the ones that made up the gentile nations whom GOD did not know when HE only "knew" Israel.

So . . . you are in fact saying Esau went to hell? Simply yes or no please.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  231
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

If Romans 9 is talking about the descendants of Esau and Jacob . . . and it is fulfilled in this world, than it cannot be applied to Esau and Jacob as individuals and their eternal fates.

I wanted to paste my reply to another thread here.

I searched Strong

I really don't see a distinction between Esau and the Edomites when reading the original Hebrew and Greek meaning of the words "hate" and "hated" as used in verses in Mal 1:2-3 or Romans 9:13. When I read the Hebrew translation for "hated" (H8130) Esau, I find some of the biblical usage defined as TO HATE OR HATEFUL TOWARD PERSONS OR NATIONS pretty much sums it up for me God's disposition for Esau and his descendants - especially when I read the words at the end of Mal 1:3 and laid waste his mountains and his heritage for the jackals of the wilderness.

I do not know his eternal destiny nor do I have any reason to want to. That is between him and GOD. I just know that GOD hated him.

I really don't see a distinction between Esau and the Edomites when reading the original Hebrew and Greek meaning of the words "hate" and "hated" as used in verses in Mal 1:2-3 or Romans 9:13. When I read the Hebrew translation for "hated" (H8130) Esau, I find some of the biblical usage defined as TO HATE OR HATEFUL TOWARD PERSONS OR NATIONS pretty much sums it up for me God's disposition for Esau and his descendants - especially when I read the words at the end of Mal 1:3 and laid waste his mountains and his heritage for the jackals of the wilderness.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Content Count:  2,230
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

I do not know his eternal destiny nor do I have any reason to want to. That is between him and GOD. I just know that GOD hated him.

I believe he went to hell. the NT says he was a profane person.

Heb 12:16 Lest there [be] any fornicator, or profane person, as Esau, who for one morsel of meat sold his birthright.

Esau had not regard for spiritual things. He could have cared less about them.

LT