IGNORED

Many are Saying 2009 God will Show many Signs and Wonders!

backontrack

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  400
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,903
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/19/1942

Matthew 24:24

For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect

Had any signs and wonders work through you? If not check your walk there may be something God is trying to show you and the rest of the body including myself!

My brother, believe what you wish. But I put my faith in the following:

Matthew 24:3-5 (King James Version)

3And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

4And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.

5For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.83
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

I believe that one need only seek signs and wonders, and they will become readily apparent. How many bells and whistles does God need? It reminds me of a church I used to attend. Lots of flash and ceremony, but Jesus took a back seat to the church's plans.

Satan is a show off because he needs to be. he is a worm that wants to be an eagle. Don't be fooled. :whistling:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  139
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,213
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

The Holy Spirit gives as He see fit. Those who Jesus were talking to were one with Him. They spent many years sitting under His teachings. When you are as close to Jesus as they were, then He may give you the ability to raise the dead. One does not get this ability just because they want it.

Somewhat true but God he is no respecter of persons so he can use yes even you Onelight and myself and the body of Christ. He seeks out them going to and fro in the earth, you hungry for God's will? Those who are he seeks out! Just because I make statements like raising the dead makes me no different then you Onelight. We serve the Same Jesus and he commands us to save the Lost, heal the sick, cast out devils and yes raise the dead. Not me but him who works through me! I give glory to God and God alone!

Somewhat? Let's take a look ...

1 Corinthians 12:11

But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually as He wills.

No argument can be made here ... now let's talk about the working of the Holy Spirit within us ...

Matthew 10:5-10

These twelve Jesus sent out and commanded them, saying:

I Have been seeing this posted on many sites and have heard it said by Some people in high places that God will Show many Signs and Wonders this year 2009!

I hope so and would welcome a fresh anointing from and move of this kind!

Many people talk a lot too. My problem with this statement is that we hear this sort of charismatic cheerleading year after year, as if saying it enough times is going to cause God to move in a dramatic way. It puts me in mind of the story of the man that was up on the roof during a flood. Two boats came by and offered him a ride out of the flood zone and he refused saying "God will take care of me." A helicopter flew over and offered him a lift and he refused saying, "No, no, no, God will rescue me." Finally, the man fell off the roof and drowned. When he got to Heaven, he asked God why He hadn't taken care of him. God said, "What do you mean? I sent you two boats and a helicopter?"

The point is, when we go looking for the drama and refuse the small miracles we're sent in favor of the huge dramatic gesture that we want, we set ourselves up for disappointment. My advice is to look for the small miracles and be content with those.

It's just as easy to look for small miracles as it is to look for big ones!

What's the point your God olny does small ones?

My God is much bigger and can do both small and big, Glory to you God and thank you for giving us a chance to Glorify your name big or small it's all to the Glory of you God!

I'm saying that God performs so many miracles every day, we take them for granted. Keep it in mind the next time your indoor plants bloom when it's -50 outside.

Think you may have had a hand in that by bringing them in! :noidea: God did not tell you to bring them in instinct told you!

Yes this and all things God makes is a Miracle!

I believe that one need only seek signs and wonders, and they will become readily apparent. How many bells and whistles does God need? It reminds me of a church I used to attend. Lots of flash and ceremony, but Jesus took a back seat to the church's plans.

Satan is a show off because he needs to be. he is a worm that wants to be an eagle. Don't be fooled. :noidea:

We as Christians have the ability to know what's from God!

Yes the Devil is a real entity and yes he can fool you but God also is real and he to gives Gifts to them who ask! Not every Gift is the same but none the Less he does!

How do you know who has what gift?

Matthew 24:24

For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect

Had any signs and wonders work through you? If not check your walk there may be something God is trying to show you and the rest of the body including myself!

My brother, believe what you wish. But I put my faith in the following:

Matthew 24:3-5 (King James Version)

3And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

4And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.

5For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

Not one time did I say I was Christ, but I am Christ Like because I asked him to come into my life.

Organized religion promps this statement to tare down not to build up!

Just watch the T.V.

5For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many!

We as Christians have the ability to know what's from God!

One word: Lakeland

How do you know who has what gift?

By the Law and the Prophets. Unfortunately, those are not taught in the greek-ish church so christians are ripe for deception and rife with error.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.20
  • Days Won:  115

The Holy Spirit gives as He see fit. Those who Jesus were talking to were one with Him. They spent many years sitting under His teachings. When you are as close to Jesus as they were, then He may give you the ability to raise the dead. One does not get this ability just because they want it.

Somewhat true but God he is no respecter of persons so he can use yes even you Onelight and myself and the body of Christ. He seeks out them going to and fro in the earth, you hungry for God's will? Those who are he seeks out! Just because I make statements like raising the dead makes me no different then you Onelight. We serve the Same Jesus and he commands us to save the Lost, heal the sick, cast out devils and yes raise the dead. Not me but him who works through me! I give glory to God and God alone!

Somewhat? Let's take a look ...

1 Corinthians 12:11

But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually as He wills.

No argument can be made here ... now let's talk about the working of the Holy Spirit within us ...

Matthew 10:5-10

These twelve Jesus sent out and commanded them, saying:

• Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.83
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

I have misunderstood the scripture about signs and wonders, but I am led to believe these signs and wonders are an indication of the end times, not necessarily gifts from God. Fire and brimstone would be considered signs and wonders but I don't think I would classify it as a gift from God unless it smote all of my enemies.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.92
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Have you heard of the signs and wonders that are turning Muslims to Jesus?

Here's one report:

~~~

"There is an end-time phenomenon that is happening through dreams and visions," said Christine Darg, author of The Jesus Visions: Signs and Wonders in the Muslim World.