IGNORED

I have a question.

Guest HIS girl

Guest HIS girl

'Blien'

Sounds like the devil is provoking you with questions to doubt God. I will pray though that He provides you and I with the answer. He's always faithful and always loves to answer questions His children ask Him..... like "HIS GIRL".. :whistling:

Thanks Blien!! No I wasn't doubting God's love - I know where I stand and what God offers to each and every one of us. Eternal life with Him and not seperation. It is available for us all - we all started off on an even playing field with NONE of us being better than the other. Remember one blood - all from one God - God from the Bible.

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest HIS girl
MOre intense maybe. Their are those who believe love can not coexist with hate.

I'm pretty sure you are referring to mans love/hate makeup.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  285
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/27/1981

Here is another question. If God created MAN (meaning every single human being on this planet: past, present, and future) in His own image and likeness (Gen. 1:26, Colossians 3:10), wouldn't it be a slam against God's own character to say that He created some in His own image and likeness to go to hell??? That sounds pretty blasphemous if you ask me. That would be like a major car manufacturer like Chevy making a bunch of Corvettes only to sell some and to bring the others to the compound...(for those who like analogies, that's the best one I could think of)

Also, God is a fisher of man. Jesus said to His disciples to follow Him and He would make them fishers of men (Matt 4:19, Mark 1:17). I don't see anywhere in scripture where Jesus is teaching them to fish for God's chosen men. Rather He taught them to "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to EVERY creature. He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned" (Mark 16:15-16). hmm...sounds like in vs. 16 God is giving us a choice there. See God will take any fish that comes to His bait...which is His word (Romans 1:16 - "For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for EVERYONE WHO BELIEVES"). God want's everyone!!! You would have to twist God's word too much to say anything different.

J

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  163
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

If God is LOVE and I was in God's thoughts before creation to be birthed within His earthly creation - does it make sense then that God would deliberately create ME in order to send me to Hell?

Would that be regarded as LOVE?

Just a thought.

These are my thoughts on this question

God is indeed LOVE, he is also GOOD, JUST, and RIGHTEOUS.

I think first off that we as humans cannot fathom what a true and abounding holy love must be like. Trying to make it fit into what we think it should be, sort of waters it down. God has an infinite LOVE. We are unable to have a perfect love like God, because we are tainted with sin.

I think your question is quite difficult to answer. All we can know of the mind of God is whats given to us through the Bible. Trying to understand it beyond that is more then our minds are capable of.

2 Peter 3:9

The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

Guest HIS girl

Ok...

see, when I read the Bible - I do NOT come away thinking.."God has His chosen few, selected from before Creation..and the rest are condemned...they don't know it- but God does..and He will let them live their lives all the while never letting them in on the secret that they will die in sin without a hope.."

That isn't God from the Bible..

In fact - that is evil.

Guest HIS girl
'Hunterpoet'
Well, as usual, I didn't really make myself clear. It seemed to me that the poster was requiring G-d to be love or love people.

I did mention not human physical/emotional love.

The human race exists today because we were "born" out of God's LOVE. NOT what we know love to be. Remember, the Bible states God IS Love.

Now then, what does it matter to me if He loves me or just likes me or just whatever....G-d has by His Grace saved me and for that I love, appreciate, respect and serve, to the best of my ability...why is that whacked ?

Now, if G-d has done this for me because He loves me, well OK, so be it, but I don't think He has to love me in order for that to happen. Why, because He is G-d.

God is Love.

God's love pre-existed the Fall.

There is no part of God in my opinion that would have you or I here just for the sake of creating someone will nilly and too bad if they end up in Hell.

Man was purposefully created by God to have a love relationship WITH God. Nothing hit or miss.

as I stated to Neb, I just can't, in one setence, make myself understood correctly so I'm going to quit this post...some how all the other things I said after the above have been omitted for some reason...oh well.....

Hey Hunter...don't bail out so soon..I also get misunderstood...quite a lot!! LOL

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

If God is LOVE and I was in God's thoughts before creation to be birthed within His earthly creation - does it make sense then that God would deliberately create ME in order to send me to Hell?

Would that be regarded as LOVE?

Just a thought.

God is love.....

something to think about....... what is the most powerful thing in this universe? what overcomes everything else?

LOVE!!!!!!!!!

LOVE IS PURE UNADULTRATED POWER......

now,

God did not create the lake of fire for man kind, it was created for the fallen angels...... God did not create us to send us there, God created us to fellowship, commune, with Him..... God did not want robots, but wanted to be loved. God loves, and wanted love in return, so He created man with free will, which would also be the ability to LOVE.

we choose our own path, God calls us, but we choose. not like our dogs, that have to have a leash to guide them, God uses His Voice to lead us, uses His Spirit to guide us...... we were having a difficult time following the path He was calling us to, so He sent His Son to show us the way, how to do it the right way..... some people got the idea, and yet many many many more choose to run off when called,

like my dog, if she is not on a leash she will take off down the road doing her own thing, and there have been times when she took off like that she almost met her end due to a car, or a larger meaner dog....

man is no different...... we want to explore the neighborhood and go the path we want to go, some times there is a car that runs us over, bringing this life to an end while we are not walking the right path, other times we have near misses with our end, and some of us manage to get back home..... some times once we get back home, we eat and drink and rest for a time and then we get restless again and we go out exploring....

when we are out exploring the neighborhood we are not being lead by the Spirit, we are not on the leash (we have the choice to put on the leash and be lead by the creator, or remove it and roam on our own..... the leash is not bondage, the leash is safety, very similar to the pets leash, the owner keeps the pet out of danger when the leash is on...... unlike a pet, we can take our leash off....... some people have walked with the leash so much that they no longer need to have the Creator pulling on it to keep us on the right path, but are now following the commands sit, stay, heel......

if we choose not to follow on the right path, we choose the path that leads to death, we do not have the protection of the Creator with us, we choose to walk with out the protection, we choose to head down the path that leads to death and destruction.

so........

GOD DOES NOT SEND PEOPLE TO HELL, they choose it all on their own, and send theirselves there...

GOD IS LOVE, GOD IS RIGHTEOUS, and dark and light can not coexist in the same place. God can not co-exist with sin....

mike

• Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

God also puts Himself in nature, thru the laws of society, in our hearts He puts His image, that we might know Him.....

in the 60's, I was listening to a missionary speak about these people they were working with....... they were a canibal tribe, and had not ever seen people from the outside with out having war with them....

as the missionaries were learning the language and the ways of the people they were also trying to convey the message of the Gospel......

one day while teaching them (preaching) tears started flowing from some of the eyes of the people.... the missionary stopped and looked at the chieftain and asked him out of concern what was wrong, did he offend them? and the chieftain also with tears flowing, said no... not in the least....

they had always known there was a creator, but did not know His name to call upon Him......

The Lord had created them in His image also, and they also have a soul that the Spirit of God can touch and commune with, just as He did with the rest of us......

God is known through out this world..... people are afraid of Him...... just like the Israelites were afraid of the Power of God, and did not want to be in His presence, so they even told Moses that he needed to do all their bidding...... but with that, they also refused to look upon the face of moses with just the fading glory that came from viewing the back side of God, not even God's face, just the back side in passing..... the people could not look upon moses......

we do the same thing, when God wants to speak to us, we seem to always find other things to keep us out of His presence,

so we do not have to look upon His Face or look at our own hearts....

mike

• Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

Here is another question. If God created MAN (meaning every single human being on this planet: past, present, and future) in His own image and likeness (Gen. 1:26, Colossians 3:10), wouldn't it be a slam against God's own character to say that He created some in His own image and likeness to go to hell??? That sounds pretty blasphemous if you ask me. That would be like a major car manufacturer like Chevy making a bunch of Corvettes only to sell some and to bring the others to the compound...(for those who like analogies, that's the best one I could think of)

It doesn't seem like God would do something like create some for that reason and I have a hard time wrapping my head around the possiblity but then I can across this verse from Proverbs 16:4

"The Lord hath made all things for himself; yea, even the wicked for the day of evil."

Makes me think that God knows what He is doing even if I don't always understand. Who are the wicked then, the ones who don't confess Christ, the fallen angels?

Guest HIS girl

For those who believe God pre-selected His "children" before Creation and the rest are condemned to spend eternity seperated from Him - how does one know they are "saved" for sure then? What if you lived your life THINKING you were saved and did all the "right things" in order to be saved when in actual fact - you were one of those NOT chosen?

It really is a ridiculous notion. I can't believe adults believe this stuff.