• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,166
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  0

1 John 4

1Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

2Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

3And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

4Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

5They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them.

6We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

7Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.

8He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

9In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.

10Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

11Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another.

12No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.

13Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit.

14And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world.

15Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.

16And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.

17Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.

18There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

19We love him, because he first loved us.

20If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?

21And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also.

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  311
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  04/05/1959

If God is LOVE and I was in God's thoughts before creation to be birthed within His earthly creation - does it make sense then that God would deliberately create ME in order to send me to Hell?

Would that be regarded as LOVE?

Just a thought.

Blessings HIS girl. In my heart I believe God created us all with love and not in order to send us to hell. That is not His intent. If ppl go to hell it is because they chose not to believe in His Word/Son. God is love. We are born in sin and our path will go to hell if we refuse to accept the gift of His Son. Just my opinion.

In His Loving Hands,

Sister in Christ,

LIVN4JC

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

It seemed to me that the poster was requiring G-d to be love or love people.

:emot-hug: But that's what Scripture says about Him.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

God is love. He is also just, good, merciful, holy ....

He holds all of His attributes in perfection. He also does not answer to our dfinitions of what love (or any of His other attributes) is.

Guest HIS girl

'Hunterpoet'

Well, as usual, I didn't really make myself clear. It seemed to me that the poster was requiring G-d to be love or love people.

I did mention not human physical/emotional love.

The human race exists today because we were "born" out of God's LOVE. NOT what we know love to be. Remember, the Bible states God IS Love.

Now then, what does it matter to me if He loves me or just likes me or just whatever....G-d has by His Grace saved me and for that I love, appreciate, respect and serve, to the best of my ability...why is that whacked ?

Now, if G-d has done this for me because He loves me, well OK, so be it, but I don't think He has to love me in order for that to happen. Why, because He is G-d.

God is Love.

God's love pre-existed the Fall.

There is no part of God in my opinion that would have you or I here just for the sake of creating someone will nilly and too bad if they end up in Hell.

Man was purposefully created by God to have a love relationship WITH God. Nothing hit or miss.

Guest HIS girl

'kross'

This question is answerred very well with the quotes Dave put in the posting "Bare permission" is unbiblical". I hope you will search it out and read it.

Will that clear things or make matters worse I wonder.

Your question about GOD being love is valid, if that is all GOD is and if we could understand the depths of that love and all of who and what GOD is.

If that is all God is? Huh? How can we fathom God's Love? We have a drop in the ocean kind of notion of love - God IS Love - He is the embodiment so to speak of love...we will never understand that until we are with Him.

However, JESUS said that "If you love me, my FATHER will love you". This does indicate there are those GOD does not love.

Kross, we were created out of love. He being Love.

I think you are missing my point.

God's love is not selective - ours is.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,773
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Birthday:  12/27/1957

'kross'
This question is answerred very well with the quotes Dave put in the posting "Bare permission" is unbiblical". I hope you will search it out and read it.

Your question about GOD being love is valid, if that is all GOD is and if we could understand the depths of that love and all of who and what GOD is.

If that is all God is? Huh? How can we fathom God's Love? We have a drop in the ocean kind of notion of love - God IS Love - He is the embodiment so to speak of love...we will never understand that until we are with Him.

However, JESUS said that "If you love me, my FATHER will love you". This does indicate there are those GOD does not love.

If you are looking to understand how people can believe this doctrin, than his post will give you some insights from some of the giants of the faith and places to look.

If you want to understand how people could believe this doctrin, than you need to understand what they see in scripture to believe it.

The Bible states that GOD hates some people, has unquenchable wrath, is jealous and vengeful. Our understanding of love tends to not allow for the other aspects of GOD that we know the Bible says are there.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  87
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

The statement, "Jacob I have loved, Esau I have hated" touches at the very heart of this controversy. The Love is showed to he whom GOD has chosen, the one not chosen is removed from the family, removed from the promises of GOD and he and all his descendants are separated for eternity from GOD.

As the scriptures state, Israel is loved of all the nations and HE has no regard for any other but Israel. (before CHRIST)

So GOD elected Esau to this end even before Esau was born (Romans 9). This did not have to be so. Esau was a legitimate heir to the promise GOD made to Abraham until GOD chose to disown him and cast him off.

When the name Esau is used, it refers to the Edomites, not Esau himself.

http://www.gotquestions.org/Jacob-Esau-love-hate.html

"When studying the Bible, it is critically important to always study the context of a particular Bible verse or passage. In these instances, the Prophet Malachi and the Apostle Paul are using the name

Guest HIS girl
'kross'

If you are looking to understand how people can believe this doctrin, than his post will give you some insights from some of the giants of the faith and places to look.

If you want to understand how people could believe this doctrin, than you need to understand what they see in scripture to believe it.

The Bible states that GOD hates some people, has unquenchable wrath, is jealous and vengeful. Our understanding of love tends to not allow for the other aspects of GOD that we know the Bible says are there.

So kross - do you think our understanding of "hate" is light years apart from God's version of hate?