artsylady

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  171
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  0

I wrote this to Lady C on another thread but the idea is such a good one, it should be passed along.

When my pastor's daughter was 16 or so, he and his wife bought her a nice gold ring (maybe small diamond - I forget) to wear on her left ring finger. When they gave it to her, they told her that if she ever got in a compromising spot with a boy and felt the need for love or to prove love, she was to take her thumb and feel the ring on her finger and remind herself that she already was very much loved with an unconditional love. I thought that was awesome! You could even write something on a small card to the same effect when you present this gift.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,430
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  12/18/1981

I wrote this to Lady C on another thread but the idea is such a good one, it should be passed along.

When my pastor's daughter was 16 or so, he and his wife bought her a nice gold ring (maybe small diamond - I forget) to wear on her left ring finger. When they gave it to her, they told her that if she ever got in a compromising spot with a boy and felt the need for love or to prove love, she was to take her thumb and feel the ring on her finger and remind herself that she already was very much loved with an unconditional love. I thought that was awesome! You could even write something on a small card to the same effect when you present this gift.

Very good idea... :( or i ever have any daughters tho i will just lock them in the house muahahahahah

Guest LadyC

i responded to you in the other thread.... you were posting at the time i was writing out a very LONG post in response mostly to charlie and partly to traveller.

when mark and i married, he not only gave me a ring, he gave each of my girls a ring also. not cheap ones either! rana lost hers long ago, and ash had quit wearing hers because it had gotten too snug. a few months ago ashlea got it out, had it resized, and began wearing it again.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Great idea!

But the way things are going in the world, age 16 is way too late to do this! You gotta get them at twelve or 13. :t2:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  1,955
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  1

How about this as a gift:

A solid gold neckless with a silver bullet attached with the inscription on the bullet "Daddy Dont Play". So if my daughter ever gets in compromising situation they will both be reminded of my wrath.

lol

:suspect:

• Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  614
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

I hope my kids never experience some of the things I have! Sheesh, the things my parents don't know! :t2:

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

How about this as a gift:

A solid gold neckless with a silver bullet attached with the inscription on the bullet "Daddy Dont Play". So if my daughter ever gets in compromising situation they will both be reminded of my wrath.

lol

:suspect:

:rofl:

Guest Called

When I have children, they will not date, until they are at an age where marriage can be a possibility. Dating has nothing to offer except hurt and temptation. Just my opinion. :rofl:

• Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  614
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

When I have children, they will not date, until they are at an age where marriage can be a possibility. Dating has nothing to offer except hurt and temptation. Just my opinion. :rofl:

Just happens to be mine too.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  523
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

Artsy,

Are you refering to chasity rings? I've heard that some churches have programs where teens pledge to save themselves for marriage as a promise to God, I think they may sign a little keepsake card and they also receive a gold 'chasity ring'. This type of thing got a lot of hype in the media some years ago, because it is what pop singer Jessica Simpson did.