• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  258
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Acts 17:25-26

25 Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though He needed any thing, seeing He giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;

26 And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;

(KJV)

So how do we, as Christians that believe in God's creation, understand that Acts verse about God having made of one blood all nations of men?

It's time to check what you believe folks. Is it God's creation, or is it men's doctrines of evolution? Are peoples from different races able to share like blood types in a hospital? Yes. Does that mean all races evolved too? No. It's either God's creation, or man's evolution, there's no middle ground on that in God's Word.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest shiloh357
I'm aware of the 1 Peter 3:20 verse which says "eight souls" were saved by water. I'm also aware that somehow... the races survived the flood. And there's not one bit of evidence to support that today's races came about from some curse, or evolution.If there was such evidence, there'd be more races springing up than what there are today. Yet we cannot find a single shred of evidence to suggest that two parents of one race produce a totally different race. The reason no such evidence can be found is because God already created the races long ago, before the flood, and they are still with us today. That leaves only 2 possibilities for their survival through the flood of Noah. 1) either two of each race were also brought on the ark, along with the eight souls of Noah's family, or 2) the flood was only to a local area on earth, and not over the entire earth. The word translated to "earth" can also be translated to "land".

Well here is your problem. The Bible says only eight people were on the ark. The Bible is infallible and inerrant, and so Noah didn't take anyone on the ark other than his family and animals described in Scripture.

The flood was universal not local and the Bible bears that out. So, no other people on earth survived. The Bible says in 1 Peter 3:20 that the Noah and His family were the only ones saved from the flood. The Bible also bears that out in Genesis 7.

Excuse me, I mean Deut.23:2, which states that a "bastard" is not to enter into the congregation of The LORD to his tenth generation. That most definitely is about geneology. The Hebrew word is 'mamzer', which is pointing to one of mixed race.
No, mamzer is a Hebrew word that refers to an illegitimate child, or one born from whoredom. It has absolutely NOTHING to do with a mixed race.

Celt, I read and speak Hebrew, so I suggest you think long and hard before trying say what Hebrew words mean. You obviously have been indoctrinated with some kind of racist, junk theology. Are you a white supremist?

The word "perfect" in Noah being "perfect in his generations" of Gen.6:9 is the Hebrew word tamiym, a word ALSO used to describe a perfect unblemished animal for sacrifice (like Exo.12:5). Noah was both morally pure and also geneologically pure.
Yes, in certain contexts it does refer to animals that are without spot or blemish. However, the context in reference to Moses is purely moral. We don't even know if Moses was of one or more races. We don't know the ethnicity of his wife or his sons and their wives. So, it is entirely plausible that Noah and His family could have repopulated the earth and from the sprung the different ethnicities we have today. In fact, that is the only biblically correct approach.

Sorry, but the word usage in Genesis 6:9 refers to moral purity ONLY, and any other suggestion is simply poor exegesis.

So that Genesis 6 chapter has very much to do with the subject of geneaology. It is not simply a morality description.
I didn't say anything about the rest of the chapter. I said the description of Moses was purely moral in nature, not physical/ethnic.

Concerning the wife of Moses, many get that wrong too, for his father-in-law was a Midianite priest. Midian was one of the sons of Abraham and his later wife Keturah (Gen.25; Exo.2). So the wife of Moses was not of the Black race. That's a myth some try and use in support of racial intermarriage.
Number 12:1 suggests otherwise. The Cushites were black and it the curse that came Aaron and Miriam was due partly to their implied racist criticism of Moses for marrying her as well their jealousy of Moses, himself.

Even if the case can be made that Zipporah is not black, there is still NO biblical prohibition against a white person marrying someone of another race or a black person marrying someone who is hispanic or whatever. There is certainly NO New Testament prohibition.

I see you're more concerned with an idea like "British-Israel" which I never mentioned, instead of checking out what I stated about the Behistun Rock carving in northern Iraq. Strange there's so much junk being pushed to support inter-racial marriages today by certain ones, when God's Word does not support it. In Leviticus 19:19 God showed that we aren't even to mix animals to make hybrids, so what makes some think it's OK to mix the races He originally created the way He wanted them to appear? It's really not that difficult to distinguish even here on this Forum those who are set on supporting theories of evolution instead of God's creation per His Word.
Blad de blah de blah...

Just answer the question, Celt. Do you believe that the white, Anglo Saxon race comprises the ten lost tribes of Israel?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  788
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  04/18/1979

Strange there's so much junk being pushed to support inter-racial marriages today by certain ones, when God's Word does not support it.

What year are you living in?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I'm aware of the 1 Peter 3:20 verse which says "eight souls" were saved by water. I'm also aware that somehow... the races survived the flood. And there's not one bit of evidence to support that today's races came about from some curse, or evolution. If there was such evidence, there'd be more races springing up than what there are today. Yet we cannot find a single shred of evidence to suggest that two parents of one race produce a totally different race. The reason no such evidence can be found is because God already created the races long ago, before the flood, and they are still with us today.

The Bible actually says nothing whatsoever about race. It speaks of the division of language, but it says nothing about the divisions of culture and the divisions of physical features (the things we associate with race).

This applies to both before and after the Flood.

The word "perfect" in Noah being "perfect in his generations" of Gen.6:9 is the Hebrew word tamiym, a word ALSO used to describe a perfect unblemished animal for sacrifice (like Exo.12:5). Noah was both morally pure and also geneologically pure. In that Gen.6 chapter we are told the "sons of God" looked upon flesh daughters, and took WIVES, and begat children, the Nephilim (fallen ones), called "giants" there. So that Genesis 6 chapter has very much to do with the subject of geneaology. It is not simply a morality description. In Jude 1 we are told those angels didn't keep their first estate but left their own habitation. It was about co-habitating with flesh woman to produce offspring.

You are making assumptions on this. The Nephilim are one of those enigmas in Scripture (like with the leviathan) where no one can be pin-point positive on what was meant. You may think you know the answer, but that does not prove you have the correct answer.

Excuse me, I mean Deut.23:2, which states that a "bastard" is not to enter into the congregation of The LORD to his tenth generation. That most definitely is about geneology. The Hebrew word is 'mamzer', which is pointing to one of mixed race.

King David was the great-grandson of a mixed-race marriage.

Ruth was a Moabite - which was a different race from the Israelites.

Concerning the wife of Moses, many get that wrong too, for his father-in-law was a Midianite priest. Midian was one of the sons of Abraham and his later wife Keturah (Gen.25; Exo.2). So the wife of Moses was not of the Black race. That's a myth some try and use in support of racial intermarriage.

Well, you will have to explain this verse then:

Numbers 12:1 - Then Miriam and Aaron spoke against Moses because of the Ethiopian woman whom he had married; for he had married an Ethiopian woman.

... Strange there's so much junk being pushed to support inter-racial marriages today by certain ones, when God's Word does not support it. In Leviticus 19:19 God showed that we aren't even to mix animals to make hybrids, so what makes some think it's OK to mix the races He originally created the way He wanted them to appear? It's really not that difficult to distinguish even here on this Forum those who are set on supporting theories of evolution instead of God's creation per His Word.

:thumbsup:

Celt - either we are all descendants of Adam and Eve or we are not.

Is this what you are advocating - that not all of us humans are descendants of Adam and Eve?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

In Leviticus 19:19 God showed that we aren't even to mix animals to make hybrids, so what makes some think it's OK to mix the races He originally created the way He wanted them to appear?

When did He create the different races? Not in the Garden of Eden. The different races were not created as part of the original "good" like the animals were (when God called His creation good).

In the New Testament the only restriction against marriage is that we are not to marry unbelievers. Nothing is said about marrying another race.

God clearly brought my husband and I together. We are of 2 different races.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  258
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Wow, some here are actually going to try and infer that the Jewish people have not tried to keep their race? When did the Jewish people ever teach that it's OK for them to mix up their own race?

God's Word covers the possibility of two of each race on board the ark, because God told Noah to take two of ALL flesh on board in Gen.6. The eight souls mentioned by Peter were from Noah's family. If we're going to try to do absolutism here, then this must be considered too...

Gen 6:19

19 And of every living thing of all flesh, two of every sort shalt thou bring into the ark, to keep them alive with thee; they shall be male and female.

(KJV)

Further, in Gen.7 God told Noah to take aboard of every 'clean beast' and clean fowl by sevens. And personally, I believe the flood covered the whole earth.

The Deut.23:2 verse is proof that God does not want us to mix our race. It is about one of mixed race not being allowed to enter the congregation of The LORD to the tenth generation, and that applied to Israel in Old Covenant times. It is not a Salvation issue today, but it still shows God created all peoples the way He wanted us to appear. Why else would He declare that for Israel? Because like He said, Israel was to be a holy people to Himself. What happens after the offspring of a mixed race continues to marry only in one side? The mixed racial characteristics begin to be purged out, which shows a natural going back to the way God created, and is the opposite of the idea of evolution of species. It stands as Biblical proof that the races did not spring from evolution.

About Ruth:

Moab was one of the sons of Lot, and Lot was a son of Abraham's brother Haran (Gen.11). There's no reason to try and create a new race from what Lot's two daughters did unto their father. Trying to say that event created a new race is no different than those who try to say the Black race came out of Ham's sin he did unto his father Noah, to produce Canaan. Because God allowed Ruth, a Moabitess, to be a part of Christ's lineage, likewise with Tamar, Bathsheba and Rahab, it's still not reason enough to assume they were different races simply because of coming from different nations.

No, I do not believe that all peoples came out of Adam and Eve, for that's the idea of evolution of species. God is not an evolutionist. Eve is not the mother of all peoples simply because of the phrase "mother of all living". She represents the mother of all living in the spiritual sense, because Christ would be born through her seed, as shown in Genesis 3:15.

Guest HIS girl

Celt, the animals on the ark were paired of the same species so they could continue on after their "own kind".

As for mixed races - I'm of mixed parentage and I am also the King's daughter. :cool:

I have read the Bible under the continuing guidance of the Holy Spirit and I have not been convicted yet of "race seperation". The Holy Spirit has convicted me personally to be seperated from Spiritually unequal personal relationships but that's it. I can choose a husband from Nigeria, the Ukraine, Britain or Tibet as long as that man is a Born again Christian - in that regard we are on equal footing. Race exclusion for the purpose of marriage is not mentioned in the NT.

Please Celt - understand that "race seperation" is a tool used by satan to divide and demolish relationships with other Christians and also to NOT help those of other countries because of the false notion that they are heathen and are purposed for Hell so why bother helping those that are earmarked for condemnation?

Jesus did not preach a Gospel of hate but love and unity.

We are of "one blood" and as hard as that maybe for some folks to swallow - it is the truth.

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

It could be argued that people originally had darker skin. (How dark, I don't know.)

We white people have pretty much lost our color.

Or in anatomy speak, we lost most of our melanocytes (pigment-producing cells).

That scenario makes the most sense....seeing as how light skinned people are from cold climates and darker skinned people come from closer to the equator. :cool:

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

In Leviticus 19:19 God showed that we aren't even to mix animals to make hybrids, so what makes some think it's OK to mix the races He originally created the way He wanted them to appear?

When did He create the different races? Not in the Garden of Eden. The different races were not created as part of the original "good" like the animals were (when God called His creation good).

In the New Testament the only restriction against marriage is that we are not to marry unbelievers. Nothing is said about marrying another race.

God clearly brought my husband and I together. We are of 2 different races.

God made absolutely no prohibition against interracial marriages.....but, like you said, He did lay one down about marrying a nonbeliever. :cool:

Guest shiloh357
Wow, some here are actually going to try and infer that the Jewish people have not tried to keep their race? When did the Jewish people ever teach that it's OK for them to mix up their own race?
The Jewish people do believe intermarriage outside of Judaism. If a black man converts to Judaism and is a practicing, Torah observant Jew, there is no prohibition against him marrying a Jewish woman of lighter skin.

God's Word covers the possibility of two of each race on board the ark, because God told Noah to take two of ALL flesh on board in Gen.6. The eight souls mentioned by Peter were from Noah's family. If we're going to try to do absolutism here, then this must be considered too...

Gen 6:19

19 And of every living thing of all flesh, two of every sort shalt thou bring into the ark, to keep them alive with thee; they shall be male and female.

(KJV)

Further, in Gen.7 God told Noah to take aboard of every 'clean beast' and clean fowl by sevens. And personally, I believe the flood covered the whole earth.

Well you seem to good at ignoring what the Bible actually says. Genesis 6:19 is qualified as to what God meant read on into verse 20 and following:

Of fowls after their kind, and of cattle after their kind, of every creeping thing of the earth after his kind, two of every sort shall come unto thee, to keep them alive. And take thou unto thee of all food that is eaten, and thou shalt gather it to thee; and it shall be for food for thee, and for them.

(Genesis 6:20-21)

The Bible is very careful to explain that God was referring to birds and animals and was not including any other people in the ark. We know this because of what is said in Gensis 7:

Of every clean beast thou shalt take to thee by sevens, the male and his female: and of beasts that are not clean by two, the male and his female. Of fowls also of the air by sevens, the male and the female; to keep seed alive upon the face of all the earth. For yet seven days, and I will cause it to rain upon the earth forty days and forty nights; and every living substance that I have made will I destroy from off the face of the earth. And Noah did according unto all that the LORD commanded him. And Noah was six hundred years old when the flood of waters was upon the earth. And Noah went in, and his sons, and his wife, and his sons' wives with him, into the ark, because of the waters of the flood. Of clean beasts, and of beasts that are not clean, and of fowls, and of every thing that creepeth upon the earth, There went in two and two unto Noah into the ark, the male and the female, as God had commanded Noah. And it came to pass after seven days, that the waters of the flood were upon the earth.

(Genesis 7:2-10)

Besides Noah and his family, the Bible says that the only other occupants of the ark were clean and unclean animals. No mention is made of any other people in the ark. For you to say that there were other people, is nothing more than you trying to impose your ideas on to the Bible. The Bible leaves NO possibility that any other people were on the ark.

The Deut.23:2 verse is proof that God does not want us to mix our race.
No, it is just proof that you don't know squat about Hebrew.

It is about one of mixed race not being allowed to enter the congregation of The LORD to the tenth generation, and that applied to Israel in Old Covenant times.
No, it is not. It had to do with children who were born illegitimately.

It is not a Salvation issue today, but it still shows God created all peoples the way He wanted us to appear.
The Bible never says that. There is not ONE prohibition agaisnt marrying someone of another race or nationality so long as they serve the true God.

Why else would He declare that for Israel? Because like He said, Israel was to be a holy people to Himself.
But that holiness had nothing to do with race, but of holiness in their conduct and actions. God did not declare them holy on the basis of race. That would imply that other races are less holy. Another point to consider is that "Israel" in Deuteronomy was not a pure "race" of people. Many Israelites had Egyptian born spouses and children that came with them from Egypt. So Moses is speaking to people many of whom would have been of mixted parentage. "Israel" is not a race but a kingdom of priests.

What happens after the offspring of a mixed race continues to marry only in one side? The mixed racial characteristics begin to be purged out, which shows a natural going back to the way God created, and is the opposite of the idea of evolution of species. It stands as Biblical proof that the races did not spring from evolution.
It shows nothing except that you are trying to read your racism into the Bible.

About Ruth:

Moab was one of the sons of Lot, and Lot was a son of Abraham's brother Haran (Gen.11). There's no reason to try and create a new race from what Lot's two daughters did unto their father. Trying to say that event created a new race is no different than those who try to say the Black race came out of Ham's sin he did unto his father Noah, to produce Canaan. Because God allowed Ruth, a Moabitess, to be a part of Christ's lineage, likewise with Tamar, Bathsheba and Rahab, it's still not reason enough to assume they were different races simply because of coming from different nations.

It is mostly likely that the daughters of lot and their offspring intermarried with inhabitants of Moab at that time known as the Emim.

No, I do not believe that all peoples came out of Adam and Eve, for that's the idea of evolution of species.
Are you saying that there are people alive today who are not directly the product the the union of Adam and Eve? If Eve is not the mother of all peoples, exactly which people IS she the mother of, and which ones come by another union? Are you saying there are nonadamic races of people?

God is not an evolutionist. Eve is not the mother of all peoples simply because of the phrase "mother of all living". She represents the mother of all living in the spiritual sense, because Christ would be born through her seed, as shown in Genesis 3:15.
No, again the Bible is very clear that all humanity comes from Adam and Eve. To even debate that point shows how absurd you willing to be to support this sickening "theology" you have.