• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you,

Let me expound for a moment. The Lord sat with the sinners yet he never pulled any punches at all. He had more mercy and more Grace for those who had no Judgment and misunderstood the meaning of Gods Law, for various reasons, than He did for those who claimed to Judge Righteously. :laugh:

The sinners did not execute judgment because they didn't know what to Judge by. However the Pharissee claimed he knew but did not do it either.

I'm wondering if the Church knows what it means to Execute True Judgment and to Judge Righteously. Or do we claim to see, like the Pharissee, but do not practice what we see.

Peace,

Dave

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,343
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/03/1964

The courtroom has several players or roles...There is the Prosecutor, the Defense Attorney, Law Enforcement, Jury, and the Judge. The prohibition is not to be the judge, that alone is reserved for the perfectly righteous judge and it is not you. The judge passes sentence, again that is not you. But we have to determine guilt or innocence in order to minister to someone or identify another child of God.

The courtroom has several players or roles...There is the Prosecutor, the Defense Attorney, Law Enforcement, Jury, and the Judge. The prohibition is not to be the judge, that alone is reserved for the perfectly righteous judge and it is not you. The judge passes sentence, again that is not you. But we have to determine guilt or innocence in order to minister to someone or identify another child of God.

Grace to you,

:noidea: Right and so far no one has asked anyone to be the Judge. I am talking about something very specific in accords with how we Execute True Judgment as Christians as God has asked us to and how we are to Judge Righteously as God has asked us to do. :thumbsup:

Why does this conversation provoke such sharp emotions?

Peace,

Dave

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

The only compass we have in this wilderness of life is His Word. When we are to make a judgment call on our life's decisions, we have to turn to His word and allow His Spirit to guide us. If I understand your question correctly, one judgment call for me would to not enter a certain place of establishment, as in a bar, while, for another, it is perfectly OK for them to do so. I can not, at the same time, say to the other that is is wrong for them to enter.

Am I even in the ballpark here?

Grace to you,

Let me clarify further and see if we can't ratchet the response up even more. :noidea:

I believe that our Lord was talking about Executing True Judgment and Judging Righteously when He advocated removing ones own eye when it offends thee;

Mt

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

You know, Dave, I think you're making a point here but.....can you simplify? Once things get too deep....I get stuck. :noidea:

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Grace to you,

Let me clarify further and see if we can't ratchet the response up even more. :noidea:

I believe that our Lord was talking about Executing True Judgment and Judging Righteously when He advocated removing ones own eye when it offends thee;

Mt

Guest shiloh357

"Righteous judgment" where we are concerned is better expressed as "discretion." We are to use discretion with regards to the people we let into our lives as friends, we are to use discretion with regard to conduct, the forms of entertainment we feed our minds with, how we manage our personal affairs and so forth.

As far as full blown judgment, where sin is concerned. We are allow to judge what God has judged in the sense that we are to recognize sin and what God calls sin we are to call sin too.

We are not allowed to judge other people's motives or their heart. We are not allowed to judge another person's standing with the Lord.

The Bible tells us that bad company corrupts good behavior. How do I know the difference? That is where discretion comes into play.

"Righteous judgment" where we are concerned is better expressed as "discretion." We are to use discretion with regards to the people we let into our lives as friends, we are to use discretion with regard to conduct, the forms of entertainment we feed our minds with, how we manage our personal affairs and so forth.

As far as full blown judgment, where sin is concerned. We are allow to judge what God has judged in the sense that we are to recognize sin and what God calls sin we are to call sin too.

We are not allowed to judge other people's motives or their heart. We are not allowed to judge another person's standing with the Lord.

The Bible tells us that bad company corrupts good behavior. How do I know the difference? That is where discretion comes into play.

Amen and further to my point. :noidea:

What brother Shiloh calls discretion I call Righteous Judgment in this thread.

How then shall we know this discretion?

Do you then feel that by and large the Church is following this discretion today?

Peace,

Dave

Grace to you,

Onelight,

I don't think the Lord was making fancy or speculating when he suggested we remove our hand.

I believe that He was literally suggesting that we mortify our flesh and deaden it. :noidea:

Let's move on though with an example of practicality.

Suppose I see a man at the ATM and he withdraws a handfull of cash stuffing it into his right rear pocket and then exits stage left. As he leaves a $20.00 falls out of his pocket and onto the ground and he keeps walking. No one saw it but me.

How do I Execute True Judgment and Judge Righteously? :thumbsup:

Peace,

Dave