Shiloh62

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  80
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

So in order of "perfection" we find that at one time (ministry of Jesus) this was the order of "perfection" (if I can keep from being blasphemos) (there may be a better word):

GOD

SATAN AND THE ANGELS

JESUS

MAN (INCLUDING ADAM & EVE)

I am assuming you are referring to form rather than image?

When it comes to reflecting the image of God, clearly Jesus in His sinless state IS perfect, just as Adam prior to the fall WAS perfect, therefore allowing Christ to proclaim "I and the Father are one" and that those who had seen Him had seen the Father. Satan (and his angels) WAS also perfect, but sin has eternally marred his image.

When it comes to form (or the tent that we dwell in), clearly that which belongs to the earth and is a part of this perishable creation, is a lesser form than those bodies that are not a part of this creation, which we will inherit at the resurrection and which is an eternal spiritual body - like those of the angels.

Perhaps I wasn't clear - You don't have to KEEP EATING of the Tree of Knowledge to retain knowledge forever. Have you forgotten your name yet? What about a book you have recently read? Did you forget it so soon? I think not. Somewhere tucked in the cells of your brain is all the knowledge from your birth till now. However, "life" is different:

Mat 6:27 And which of you by being anxious can add one cubit unto the measure of his life?

Your days are numbered, not by you, but by God. You cannot add even one hour to your life. So what does eating from the Tree of Life mean? Jesus is the bread and in Him is LIFE. Do you think you can only eat of Him ONCE and then you are forever saved? I really think not and this has nothing to do with OSAS. Either you pick up your cross and follow Him on a daily basis, eat of Him every day, OR you are none of His. DO YOU AGREE WITH THAT?

Reading this reminded me of the following verses about remaining in Him.

"I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. If anyone does not remain in me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned." John 15:5-6 NIV

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  326
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

I think I'm getting lost here on the reasoning behind the tree of life thing. Can the forever= 1000 years be actually biblically proven? I haven't seen it. Also, adam did live nearly 1000 years, as did his immediate offspring. So that argument just doesn't work.

I think I agree with the tempting thing. ie - adam and eve were already going to be living forever because they hadn't eaten from the tree of knowlege of good and evil. So they had no need to eat of the tree of life. If they were without sin before this point, and were flawless (perfect) as God had created them (why would he deliberatly create a flawed being that had potential to live forever?) - they also wouldn't be tempted to eat of something they had no need to eat of. And the garden was full of other trees that were there for food, which they did need. The tree of life and the tree of the knowlege of good and evil were two particular trees with spiritual consequences attached to their fruit.

So the thing that caused adam and eves death - as already mentioned, was eating from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. Before that, they simply had no need to eat from the tree of life.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

Greetings Yesult,

Have you read all that I have posted?

What do you think Adam and Eve ate all the years that they were in the Garden? Do you think they would follow God's suggestion? Especially about the one of eating of the Tree of Life? Would you, if God suggested to you that it was something special?

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  326
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

Earnie I'm not really sure of your reasoning. And did you read all of my post? I stated, that being perfect, they would not have to fear death as they had done nothing to deserve it. They therefore did not need to eat from the tree of life.

You arn't answering my points, just saying that they're wrong.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I think I agree with the tempting thing. ie - adam and eve were already going to be living forever because they hadn't eaten from the tree of knowlege of good and evil. So they had no need to eat of the tree of life. If they were without sin before this point, and were flawless (perfect) as God had created them (why would he deliberatly create a flawed being that had potential to live forever?) - they also wouldn't be tempted to eat of something they had no need to eat of. And the garden was full of other trees that were there for food, which they did need. The tree of life and the tree of the knowlege of good and evil were two particular trees with spiritual consequences attached to their fruit.

So the thing that caused adam and eves death - as already mentioned, was eating from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. Before that, they simply had no need to eat from the tree of life.

I'm not following your reasoning on this. Before eating of the ToKoGaE they had no need for the Tree of Life. After they ate of the forbidden tree, they were then prevented from eating of the Tree of Life.

So why did the Lord create the Tree of Life? :P

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

So the thing that caused adam and eves death - as already mentioned, was eating from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

But wasn't there more to the deception than just eating the fruit?

Consider what the serpent plugged Eve's ears with -

"Did God say...?", etc.

You see, the serpent accused God of being a liar, untrustworthy, and holding back goodness from them.

By eating the fruit, Eve agreed with these.

So was eating the fruit the actual first sin, or did it begin with what she believed?

Guest shiloh357
So the thing that caused adam and eves death - as already mentioned, was eating from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

But wasn't there more to the deception than just eating the fruit?

Consider what the serpent plugged Eve's ears with -

"Did God say...?", etc.

You see, the serpent accused God of being a liar, untrustworthy, and holding back goodness from them.

By eating the fruit, Eve agreed with these.

So was eating the fruit the actual first sin, or did it begin with what she believed?

Good point, Neb. Sin always begins in the heart long before it is carried out in the flesh.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

I'm not following your reasoning on this. Before eating of the ToKoGaE they had no need for the Tree of Life. After they ate of the forbidden tree, they were then prevented from eating of the Tree of Life.

Good question nebula. This brings to mind more questions I have always had. In Rev. 22:2 "In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.

This verse and the verses after it speak of how it will be in eternity in the city of God so why do the nations still need to be healed? Do the nations eat the leaves? Do they eat the fruit?

I have never been able to discover a biblical answer to these questions. But I do know that when I am there in the city with God and the Lamb I will know then.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

Good question nebula. This brings to mind more questions I have always had. In Rev. 22:2 "In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.

This verse and the verses after it speak of how it will be in eternity in the city of God so why do the nations still need to be healed? Do the nations eat the leaves? Do they eat the fruit?

I have never been able to discover a biblical answer to these questions. But I do know that when I am there in the city with God and the Lamb I will know then.

I know you're not addressing me but I've had the same questions. I think, however, that it might simply be a way of assuring us that all will be well.

John Gill says this:

...these leaves will be for the preserving and continuing the health of the people of God in this state, as the tree of life in Eden's garden was for the preservation of the health and life of Adam, had he continued in a state of innocence; and it denotes that everything in Christ will contribute to the comfort, health, and happiness of the saints.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

Why didn't Adam and Eve eat from the tree of Life rather than the tree of knowledge of good and evil if it was their desire to live forever?

Genesis it does not say that it was their desire to live forever. They were blocked from eating that tree because of the fact that doing so would have caused them to live forever in their sin.

As to motivation, why didn't Adam invent the internet? The question is just as relevant.