• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  562
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,074
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/31/1966

How can you be perfect, and what if people expects you to be perfect and wants perfection or gets mad if your not perfect :rolleyes:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  188
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Not sure I entirely understand the question, but in my world, perfection is highly overrated. If you aim for perfection, you're bound to be frustrated and you also train others to expect those impossible standards from you as "normal." Hmmmm, what's wrong with this picture. Rick Warren says Saddleback aims for God's workers to be just "good enough," not perfect. If we wait to be perfect, we'll be waiting forever to serve. We aim for the Biblical perfection, another word for completion, but we do so within awareness that we are aiming and not always achieving. Moral of the story is to be gentle with ourselves and others as we move on up the completion ladder.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  179
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

How can you be perfect, and what if people expects you to be perfect and wants perfection or gets mad if your not perfect :rolleyes:

I believe that walking in the spirit is the only time that we are perfect. I'd rather use the words "matured" or "completed." The times that we're not walking in the spirit, we're walking in our flesh. People don't understand this, and we're not hearing it preached or preached to the degree that it's going to cause us to possibly take notice. We have to allow the "full gospel" to penetrate our lives for us to become a mature or complete believer.

The choices we make every day reveals to others whom we're serving--either ourselves and the devil or our Father. The Scriptures teach that Christianity is a walk of OBEDIENCE. If we walk in obedience, we'll attain the prize when we leave this life.

Edited by riel

Guest LadyC

as long as we draw breath, we will NEVER be perfect. God says there is none perfect, no not one.... not even the most spiritually mature person is perfect.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  125
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  11/20/1956

Hey Tigger, you've heard that expression "in Christ" right?

Well when you became a Christian, Father God put you into the one place that made you perfect already. He put you into Christ. That is how God sees you (perfect).

Now we continue to struggle through this life making mistakes asking God to forgive us and making them again. All the while Jesus is in us and us in him. It's an extraordinary miracle of relationship that, when Jesus first laid down his Godhood and became a man, we got to see. Various places in the bible Jesus speaks of his Father being in him and he in the Father. ie. John 8:29 And He who sent Me is with Me. The Father has not left me alone,...

The miracle is now we have that same position. Jesus is in us just as his Father had been in him. Your search for perfection is misguided because it has already been attained. I say misguided because who are you trying to be perfect before? It must be before men and women on earth. Because your perfection before God is established.

Hope that isn't too confusing. God bless. Don

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  365
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  10/03/1989

How can you be perfect, and what if people expects you to be perfect and wants perfection or gets mad if your not perfect :whistling:

They have no right being angry at someone for not being perfect, because they certainly aren't perfect themselves. Maybe this question means that you are wondering how we can meet some people's standards and expectations to be accepted by them? Most importantly make sure that pleasing God, not man is your number 1 priority. And if people have some kind of problem with you, just ignore it and continue serving God.

(Oh and hello Tigger. Haven't seen you in a while ;) )

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

How can you be perfect, and what if people expects you to be perfect and wants perfection or gets mad if your not perfect :whistling:

They have no right being angry at someone for not being perfect, because they certainly aren't perfect themselves. Maybe this question means that you are wondering how we can meet some people's standards and expectations to be accepted by them? Most importantly make sure that pleasing God, not man is your number 1 priority. And if people have some kind of problem with you, just ignore it and continue serving God.

(Oh and hello Tigger. Haven't seen you in a while ;) )

All have sinned and fallen short of the Glory of God. NOBODY, NOWHERE, is perfect - nor does anyone have any right to insist that you meet an impossible standard of 'being perfect'. People who insist upon perfection are, in my opinion, so flawed themselves, that they demand this of others to build their own sagging self esteem. As far as 'getting mad' when you are not perfect - that is NOT Christian behaviour. I do not know who is placing these impossible demands on you - or anyone else, but it's abusive and unfair. IMO... God Bless you Tigger...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

Too bad, so sad. Are they perfect?

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,704
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/08/1950

Only God is perfect

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  1,345
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/10/1961

I had a perfect day today, everything went well. This not to say it could not have been improved upon.

While we are not to be subject to unreasonable expextations of others, we are commanded to love God and our neighbour according to our opportunity and ability.

This is being "Perfect as our Father in heaven is Perfect".

It is not unreasonable and we are able to do what we can.