IGNORED

New Here

Guest 3th9n

Guest 3th9n

Hi Again,

Thanks for all the replies. I realize that it's a hard question to answer conclusively - actually it's an impossible question to answer conclusively. From what I've read, I guess it all seems to boil down to, we pray for whatever is weighing on our hearts be it a joy or a concern, because we care, and in many ways it's really the only thing we can do, especially in the situation of this poor man whose pleadings for mercy really hit me hard. We pray for things, not so much because we want something from God, not because we want to take advantage of his power and benevolence, but because he is a friend to us and like any friend, we want to talk to him, to share with him our joys and also our concerns.

Thanks again for the replies. They made a lot of sense. I'm going to meditate and pray on this privately some more.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  684
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

Before we ask why God answers or does not answer prayers, we must realize who we are compared to God.

We are nothing, we are wretched, sinful, hateful creatures. We are limited in knowledge, cannot understand spiritual things, we are fallen. God owes us nothing. We are guaranteed nothing. The only thing we are deserving of is hell itself. We are blessed if we have salvation but we need nothing else - nothing else matters - I mean nothing. Food, shelter, He does not have to furnish anything because He owes us nothing. We are not here for our own enjoyment and happiness. We are here to glorify God. We are here for Him to use us at His disposal just as He pleases. If He ignores our prayers, then I say rightfully so because we are fallen creatures - He is the potter and we are the clay - who are we to question Him. Who are we to demand He answers ANY prayer for us. The reasons why don't really matter because He is the creator and we are nothing and are owed nothing and deserve nothing but punishment. We must get out of this thinking that we are entitled to answered prayers - now I know He says he will answer us and give us our hearts desires IF HE PLEASES. But if He doesn't, who are we to question???? Who was Job to question?

So you see from the very start, our thinking is not like our Lord's thinking - we are severely flawed as a result of our sins and we focus on ourselves instead of God. It's always been about God - not us.

I know this isn't very comforting if you really want something bad but the only think we should want really bad is constant communion with our Father. If He is truly our focus, we would never fret again regarding an unanswered prayer or if an answer does not go according to our wishes.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest woofy

Hi

I am also new here. But have to add a thought or two. The Apostle Paul was dipped in oil before going to the Isl of Patmos and the others were martyred as well.

Satan and his tactics are alive and doing their thug work on planet earth.

Tough to remember the Jews going to the gas chambers during WWII too.

Where was God? Apparently allowing it, but I am sure He is suffering as a Father might through it. There is some reason for it. We will not know the mystery of it but we could have prevented it as Christians if we weren't so naieve and simple back then regarding Hitler and his plans. But it was like a fog, an illusion sort of, like not heard of.

If Christians were aware, surely that would have been stopped beforehand.

We have this authority here on earth to use what Jesus left us. God allows stuff that humans do to carry on, and we are to be the ones to stop it by prayer warfare and physicallly doing something. We need to wake up!

Anyway, remember Job, and what he went through too. We can raise our fist up

at God or we can pray victory into every battle and not give in to despair.

woofy

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  140
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

HI THERE, WELCOME, Tough question, the only thing I can think of is, the LORD is looking at a BIGGER PICTURE than we are, though we struggle and suffer through our hurts, he still wants us to come to him for help and comfort, this is where we bond with out FATHER IN HEAVEN and learn to TRUST HIM as JOB mentioned, hope this helps...........TAKO

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

Hi Woofy...welcome to Worthy.

It was the apostle John who was thrown into boiling oil but G-d miraculously preserved his life...and then he was exiled to the Island of Patmos for several years....and later died of natural causes in Ephesus being about 94 years of age.The great apostle Paul was beheaded in Rome.

One thing I am learning is that G-d is moved by FAITH and not by situations.

What happened to the dear Jewish people is almost beyond description and words...and many nations played their part in giving room for such a terrible thing to happen. Rather than blaming G-d we should see the fault lies with us and this great sin is ours(human-beings) no one elses.

Rom 14:8 For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's.