• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  1

I like this church very much,

http://www.chc.org.sg/eng/index.php

very hot,very morden,but someone told me they are belong to Charismatic camp,and on some degree is heterodox,my opinion is that they seem like Successful Theology,I do not like Successful Theology,but their sermon is really very encourage.

And how about the Pentecostal Movement

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I'm a Charismatic. :taped:

I don't know what "Successful Theology" is.

The best you can do is to ask the Holy Spirit for wisdom and discernment. And ask Him for direction as to whether or not He would have you attend this church.

Prayers and blessings.

:whistling:

• Group:  Senior Member

the "Successful Theology"is the sermon focus on preaching G-D will give y the money ,Success......

• Group:  Senior Member

the "Successful Theology"is the sermon focus on preaching G-D will give y the money ,Success......

I think Charismatic is a very broad movement with many different theological understandings, though I don't see much of a difference between Charismatic and Pentecostal but I'm told Charismatic tend to focus more on the experience of the Holy Spirit than Pentecostals do.

yes ,yes ,the experience of the Holy Spirit ,this is the vital difficult item to me,anyone give me more guiding on this subject?

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

I think Charismatic is a very broad movement with many different theological understandings, though I don't see much of a difference between Charismatic and Pentecostal but I'm told Charismatic tend to focus more on the experience of the Holy Spirit than Pentecostals do.

yes ,yes ,the experience of the Holy Spirit ,this is the vital difficult item to me,anyone give me more guiding on this subject?

What would you like to know? Here is a link to my blog entry on the Holy Spirit. Let me introduce you to the Holy Spirit!

If you have any questions in particular, ask away! I am sure you will get many answers.

God Bless,

Alan

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  640
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

I have never heard it called "successful Theology" either. I usually refer to it as "name it, claim it", but that is not the normally used and recognized title. The movement that I think you are referring to is "Word-Faith", also called Positive Confession, Health and Wealth Gospel, Faith Formula.

One of the ways to know if you are in a Word Faith Church is by their doctrine. Word-Faith teachers claim that God operates by spiritual law and is Obliged to Obey the faith-filled commands and desires of believers. He not only reveals prosperity teaching supernaturally to the Word-Faith teachers, but personally and verbally confirms their unique interpretations of Scripture. (Copeland, Laws of Prosperity, pp 60-62

They say the Abrahamic Covenant is the basis for commanding God to do his part in the covenant. Robert Tilton says, We make our own promises to do our part, then we can tell God, on the authority of His word, what we would like him to do.

they also teach, that not only is God a big man, but man is a little god.

E. W. Kenyon is generally recognized as the founding father of the modern Word-Faith Movement. Kenneth Hagin is called by some the "grand-daddy of the faith teachers. some other authors and teachers of this doctrine include Kenyon, Kenneth Copeland, Capps, Fredrick K. Price, etc (a host of others.)

The above was taken from an article by Clete Hux, copied from Profile, from the Watchman Fellowship, a feature of The Watchman Expositor.

There was much more information in the article and there is a lot of information on the internet about this movement. i would recommend that you check it out. Pray about this specific church and as always compare all things to Scripture.

I clicked on the link provided in the original post and it does appear to be a "Church of God", so it is definitely Charismatic or Pentecostal as you would call it. I never knew of any difference between the two either. My grandparents were Church of God when I was small so I went with them a few time and my wife and I attended a Church of God here in Tennessee for a year or less and then left for a Calvary Chapel.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

We can all quote the Scriptures about Jesus sending His Holy Spirit to us in His place to lead, guide, teach, and comfort us, but how many of us know how to actually listen to Him? When we pray to the Lord, do we expect to hear Him talk back?

If you say yes, can you state the last time you heard Him speak to you (and I don't mean "through nature"; I mean, you actually got a word or vision from Him).

Every denomination has issues that we can disagree with. Although I disagree with the "prosperity teaching" (that's what we call "Successful Theology"), I do agree with other aspects of the Charismatic movement that I'm not finding in other places. That's why I still consider myself "Charismatic." I have the gift of speaking in tongues and I have been given words of knowledge once in a while.

Does that help?

• Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

Many years ago, as a new Christian, I attended a Charismatic Church. It was a lovely church and the people were loving and friendly. I learned a lot about Scriptures and I read my Bible in an attempt to receive the "gifts of the Spirit" that so many of them had. Despite all my faith and prayer and study - I was never able to have the gifts of speaking in tongues, or visions, or prophesy or other things that so many other church members experienced. This failure to "fit in" to the church almost caused me to lose my faith. I just felt terrible that I had none of these "Gifts". I do not deny or disbelieve that they were gifted with these amazing things. I just wasn't. I eventually moved away and we attend a wonderful church where the Spirit is just as evident in the Peace and Grace of those who worship. I do not feel badly that I do not have these Gifts - I have been blessed with other talents and I try to emphasize those in His service. God Bless you.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  447
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/26/1971

It looks like a successful, exciting, growing and wonderful place to me. I don't see any successful theology on their webpage. It's great seeing so many Asians worshiping God in that part of the world.

If you like the church so much, maybe you are a charismatic and didn't even know it :thumbsup: All Pentecostals are charismatic. Pentecostal brings to mind denominations and their brand of Christianity. Charismatics are more diverse.

Successful Theology is a proven correct doctrine. Just look at the cars and houses the most popular of their preachers own :noidea:

(I'm being faceous!)

I like this church very much,

http://www.chc.org.sg/eng/index.php

very hot,very morden,but someone told me they are belong to Charismatic camp,and on some degree is heterodox,my opinion is that they seem like Successful Theology,I do not like Successful Theology,but their sermon is really very encourage.

And how about the Pentecostal Movement

• Topic Count:  115
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

I know nothing about them, Sister. However my experience of independent churches when I was a young man, makes me a little leary of recommending ANYONE join one. The 'one man show' church, has NO ONE to correct an errant Pastor. And very often they slowly but surely slip into heresy. Not always of course, and there are good independent churches, but in conscience I could NEVER recommend one.