AdriaanM

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I have recently again heard a Pastor tell his people to prophesy over their homes, businesses, lives, marriages and so on. This modern idea is those believers are supposed to

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  447
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  10/26/1971

Believers all over the world today are taught to prophecy what they want in their lives and speak it into existence in the Name of Jesus. What is prophecy really and how it is received

God can speak things into existence, but not us. It sounds like the 2.0 version of the "name it and claim it" doctrine. Speak all day long, but without the inspiration of the Spirit, there aint nothing to it folks.

(Mark 11:24 [KJV])

Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive [them], and ye shall have [them].

We need to shut the TV preachers off and get into the Word for ourselves. Without the Word in our spirit, we will believe anything and follow every doctrine that comes along.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.08
  • Days Won:  78

Believers all over the world today are taught to prophecy what they want in their lives and speak it into existence in the Name of Jesus. What is prophecy really and how it is received

God can speak things into existence, but not us. It sounds like the 2.0 version of the "name it and claim it" doctrine. Speak all day long, but without the inspiration of the Spirit, there aint nothing to it folks.

Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive [them], and ye shall have [them].

We need to shut the TV preachers off and get into the Word for ourselves. Without the Word in our spirit, we will believe anything and follow every doctrine that comes along.

:thumbsup:

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.21
  • Days Won:  115

This scripture is what many "name it and claim it" people hold as proof of their faith. What they do not include in this is the preceding verse Jesus spoke, "For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain,

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  326
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

I have recently again heard a Pastor tell his people to prophesy over their homes, businesses, lives, marriages and so on. This modern idea is those believers are supposed to

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,931
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  07/13/1955

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  913
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/02/1969

And yet speaking the WORD into your life and the "name it and claim it" garabage are way too different things.

The WORD is alive, active and sharper than any two edged sword, and where there are areas in your life be it physical or spiritual you speak life into it by speaking the WORD. The Word is God and God is His Word, how is that not the inspiration of the Holy Spirit?

It's by our following after God and our faith in God and what He has given us in His Word that changes our lives.

Life and death are in the power of the tongue. Do you speaking curses into your life on a daily basis or do you speak the Word of God (life). Just as the bridle in a horses mouth controls the whole horse, or the listeth on a big ol' ship steers the whole ship, so does your tongue control your life with blessing or cursing.

It's not claiming a fat bank account it's saying "My God shall supply all my needs according to His riches in glory"

It's not saying I'll never be sick a day in my life, it's when your are sick saying "By His stripes I am healed"

It's not saying I'll never know defeat, it's saying "Whereso ever my foot steps He will give me victory"

Big difference folks.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

There is however a NT Spiritual gift of prophecy. We probably need to wrestle with what the nature of that gifting might be

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  437
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/20/1979

This scripture is what many "name it and claim it" people hold as proof of their faith. What they do not include in this is the preceding verse Jesus spoke, "For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain,

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  07/30/1959