• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  692
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/02/1946

It really puzzles me how many people get all bent out of shape over rules. There are rules about posting on this forum and yet people challenge them over and over again and then get mad when they are reminded of them.

Almost every part of our daily life has "rules". Where you work, where you shop (shoes and shirts, no checks etc.), rules of the roads, where you bank, games you play and so on.

So why do people just absolutely INSIST on defying rules that (a) they read and agreed to or (b) are clearly posted? :whistling:

Maybe its just me, but I was taught to obey rules. Ok I feel better :huh:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

:whistling: Me too... so there!!!!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  168
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  03/11/1975

Maybe some people are just not reading the rules :whistling::39::39:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  74
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  04/13/1948

Gods Holy KJV Bible commands us to obey them that have the rule over us. It is vital to obey rules.

Can you imagine this earth without policemen or troopers? Women would be in constant danger as well as men. Little children especially without rules to protect.

Thank God for His rules and all good godly rules. Yes, there are rules we question. They are downright foolish. I'm referring to the good rules that help protect and bless you.

• Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

It really puzzles me how many people get all bent out of shape over rules. There are rules about posting on this forum and yet people challenge them over and over again and then get mad when they are reminded of them.

Almost every part of our daily life has "rules". Where you work, where you shop (shoes and shirts, no checks etc.), rules of the roads, where you bank, games you play and so on.

So why do people just absolutely INSIST on defying rules that (a) they read and agreed to or (b) are clearly posted? :39:

Maybe its just me, but I was taught to obey rules. Ok I feel better :whistling:

I don't know maybe for the same reasons that some reject God's commandments also. :39:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

It's the 'nanny, nanny boo-boo' syndrome. People do not like rules and believe THEY are exempt from them. Case in point; my former company painted a floor in a new addition and put up a 'stay off' sign (or something similar). That floor was repainted several times because a few of the engineers were NOT going to walk all the way around. When the boss put up a sign that said 'walk on this floor and you are FIRED!'....problem solved. It's human nature to rebel. :whistling:

Guest Butero

So why do people just absolutely INSIST on defying rules that (a) they read and agreed to or (b) are clearly posted? :39:

It is not always outright rebellion against rules that is taking place, but sometimes there are questions over where the line is drawn. For instance, there are rules here about conduct, but they are somewhat open to interpretation. Each moderator is differen't, and will have a differen't line in the sand, just like each umpire is differen't when it comes to calling balls and strikes. The rules are clearly stated as to strike zone, but each umpire calls it a little differen't.

You will of course have flagrant abuses. You can know that you are not allowed to attack another member personally, yet call someone you dissagree with an idiot. You know that is in violation of the TOS, yet you do it anyway. In another instance, you may not call someone a name, but the conversation may get out of hand. There is no intention to violate the rules, but a moderator must step in and place a warning and friendly reminder of the TOS.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

It is called depravity. Our sinful nature does not like to be told what to do

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

well rules don't apply to me, because i'm SPECIAL! :blink::th_praying:

:thumbsup: