mari19

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  0

I posted alot of "welcomes" to be able to post here. Someone said I have to have 10 posts before I can make one.

Anyways, does anyone else ever feel like there is something missing? I mean I have a good job, and friends, but it feels like something is missing from my life. I cant seem to find the "key" no matter what I try. Ive tried EVERYTHING to fill the huge void but I cant figure out what it is. Is there something I need to be doing? Am I not living right? I feel like after being on this site for a few weeks, I feel like maybe, IM not living right. I do good things, Im not a bad person, I dont drink, party, or any of that stuff. I dont know, maybe this all sounds really weird to everyone else. Just thought I would put it out there.

Thanks for listening.

Mari

Hello Mari,

Here are two scripture that I think will help you in your time of doubt.

1 John 4:18--There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

Hebrews 11:1--Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen

OC

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

First I wanted to thank everyone for responding to me post. I certainly wasn't expecting that. I guess I just thought I would vent and no one would read it. I am glad though.

Over the weekend I have been reading and rereading what you all have said and I find myself maybe a little more confused than when I started. One thing you guys said was "accept" God. I don't really understand about that. I guess I think God is real. I don't really have a reason to think he isn't I guess. But is that accepting? I get the feeling from reading what you guys said that it's not. I don't know what to think about it really. There was also alot said about praying. I guess I hae prayed before although I didn't really know to who. I don't know if anyone was listening or even cared. I guess I just did it. I am sort of confused and feeling a little dumb about all this. I really wish I could just figure it out on my own. I feel really awkward talking on here about it. Something is propelling me to type though. I don't know if it desperation, curiosity, or just plain being scared.

Anyways, I think I have written enough so I will stop now.

Thanks for anyone who is reading.

Mari

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  171
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  04/25/1977

First I wanted to thank everyone for responding to me post. I certainly wasn't expecting that. I guess I just thought I would vent and no one would read it. I am glad though.

Over the weekend I have been reading and rereading what you all have said and I find myself maybe a little more confused than when I started. One thing you guys said was "accept" God. I don't really understand about that. I guess I think God is real. I don't really have a reason to think he isn't I guess. But is that accepting? I get the feeling from reading what you guys said that it's not. I don't know what to think about it really. There was also alot said about praying. I guess I hae prayed before although I didn't really know to who. I don't know if anyone was listening or even cared. I guess I just did it. I am sort of confused and feeling a little dumb about all this. I really wish I could just figure it out on my own. I feel really awkward talking on here about it. Something is propelling me to type though. I don't know if it desperation, curiosity, or just plain being scared.

Anyways, I think I have written enough so I will stop now.

Thanks for anyone who is reading.

Mari

Hey Mari,

As I had said in my previous post, I'm not one to judge your heart...so I won't. But by your words it SEEMS that you haven't accepted Christ. If I am wrong, please forgive me.

But, think of it this way.

A doctor spends hours and hours in a lab. He is looking for a cure for a disease...we'll just say cancer. He spends countless amounts of time researching and testing. Finally...He does it!! He has found a cure. Well, you find out that you have cancer. So this doctor sits you down at a table. He explains the research and testing He's done. He is convincing. He sets a bottle in front of you and says "There it is...there's the cure". You look at him, look at the bottle and say "wow, I believe you!!" You than get up and walk away from the table without taking what's in the bottle. Well, you eventually will die from cancer (speaking in analogies of course). But if when the doctor presents the bottle...you reach out and accept it...and take it...you are healed.

The same goes with Jesus. You can believe Jesus is Lord...Satan knows Jesus is lord. You can believe Jesus died on the cross...Satan and those who cruicified Him know that. The acceptance is knowing your are a sinner, are destined to hell because you have "missed the mark" or sinned. and also knowing Jesus rose from the dead. But most of all. Repenting. The word repentance simply means "to turn from" or to do a U-turn. If you accept Him into your heart, turn from your old ways and believe...you shall be saved.

I hope I didn't tell you everything you already know though. Sorry If I did. If you haven't heard this before...well praise God, you just heard the gospel in simplist form :thumbsup:

Take care. With love in Christ

• Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

I posted alot of "welcomes" to be able to post here. Someone said I have to have 10 posts before I can make one.

Anyways, does anyone else ever feel like there is something missing? I mean I have a good job, and friends, but it feels like something is missing from my life. I cant seem to find the "key" no matter what I try. Ive tried EVERYTHING to fill the huge void but I cant figure out what it is. Is there something I need to be doing? Am I not living right? I feel like after being on this site for a few weeks, I feel like maybe, IM not living right. I do good things, Im not a bad person, I dont drink, party, or any of that stuff. I dont know, maybe this all sounds really weird to everyone else. Just thought I would put it out there.

Thanks for listening.

Mari

Mari,

I know the feeling, being on teh outside, looking in, even when in a group, almost like a stranger in your own home....

God has a reason for this.... sanctification, setting you apart for His Glory, for His use.....

can you imagine what Joseph felt like? can you imagine what Moses felt like? can you see David and the way he on the run? even when they found a "click" they were still on the outside, loooking in, or if they were inside, they were on the fringe, and were still strangers in their own home.

God uses this to draw people closer to Him.

I have to run, or would expound more..

mik

e

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  692
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  03/02/1946

Mari, there is only one thing that can fill that "void" in your life and that is Christ Jesus. I believe you are being drawn here by the Holy Spirit in order that you can find what you seek. Call out to Jesus, he will answer. Scripture says "that in the day you seek me(Christ) I will be found of you. Praying for you.

As I read the posts I see that you all seem to being going along the same lines with accepting Jesus/God. I get that you can pray to them and stuff although I am not sure who they listen to or when they listen. I mean if I were to just sit here and start talking now they would know? How would I know? Would I get an answer? I hope that I don't sound like I'm being skeptical, because at this point I have tried all I know to do, and if there are a few people out there that ask me to try something else I am willing to try it. I just guess I'm a little scared of jumping into something I don't really know about. I mean I have heard of Noah and Jonah and the big fish and stuff, but I don't know much about Jesus or God themselves or what the Bible says or why people really go to it. I want to know. I want to see if there is something there. There are certainly alot of people who follow all that. I am willing to try if it will help this huge hole. Sounds weird but thats what it feels like a huge giant hole. I have put lots of things in that hole and it's still there. I don't know. I accept that God is real. I think there is a God somewhere that watches over the world. I don't know why he would care about me when there is a huge world out there and lots of people who need help or are lonely. I am not anyone special and are not important to anyone here, let alone a god.

I guess my question now is, what do I do now? I think God is real. Is that what I need to know? What about this whole church thing? Where do I go? There are like a million and one. How do I know what is good? I don't know. If I need to stop posting and bugging you all I can do that. Maybe I am asking too many weird questions. I don't know. Thanks for listening anyways.

Mari

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  20
  • Birthday:  11/22/1970

As I read the posts I see that you all seem to being going along the same lines with accepting Jesus/God. I get that you can pray to them and stuff although I am not sure who they listen to or when they listen. I mean if I were to just sit here and start talking now they would know? How would I know? Would I get an answer? I hope that I don't sound like I'm being skeptical, because at this point I have tried all I know to do, and if there are a few people out there that ask me to try something else I am willing to try it. I just guess I'm a little scared of jumping into something I don't really know about. I mean I have heard of Noah and Jonah and the big fish and stuff, but I don't know much about Jesus or God themselves or what the Bible says or why people really go to it. I want to know. I want to see if there is something there. There are certainly alot of people who follow all that. I am willing to try if it will help this huge hole. Sounds weird but thats what it feels like a huge giant hole. I have put lots of things in that hole and it's still there. I don't know. I accept that God is real. I think there is a God somewhere that watches over the world. I don't know why he would care about me when there is a huge world out there and lots of people who need help or are lonely. I am not anyone special and are not important to anyone here, let alone a god.

I guess my question now is, what do I do now? I think God is real. Is that what I need to know? What about this whole church thing? Where do I go? There are like a million and one. How do I know what is good? I don't know. If I need to stop posting and bugging you all I can do that. Maybe I am asking too many weird questions. I don't know. Thanks for listening anyways.

Mari

All you have to do is believe in your heart that Jesus Christ came to earth to die as a sacrifice for everyone sins. Confession of this from your heart brings Salvation Romans 10: 9-10. We cannot fill the void in our hearts with anything else, because that's how God designed us. Sex, alcohol, money, and anything else serves only as a temporary satisfaction. When you pray to God, talk to Him as you talked to those on the forum, and watch Him prove Himself to you. Like you said, He's an all mighty being, but He loves each and everyone of us individually. God bless you. Edited by Romans 14

Mari

Mari,

Many have posted scripture directing you to salvation, so I will not repost. What I will touch on in this post is why God cares about you. Yes, it is a huge world to us, but is it that huge to a God who created it? A God that can see all and know all? No. Now, for instance, lets say you had a hundred kids. (LOL, yeah, i know its alot, but for the sake of arguement..you do LOL)

now, one of those kids runs away. That one kid runs away thinking, well, she has 99 other kids, she won't miss me or be concerned. Well, you as a mother look and see a child missing. We know mothers love all of their young equally. So what do you do? do you stay with the 99 and say, oh well, I still have 99 left or do you go out looking for that 1 to bring them back.

This is how God is. He loves all. But, He is concerned with those who are not with Him. He finds them, He calls them back to Him. He uses His other children to go out in search for those that are lost...because He does care.

In the old testement...the Jews built a temple. In the midst of this temple was a curtain. The curtain was there because God would dwell in the temple and needed to be seperated by humans because of their sin. Well, when Jesus died on the cross for us, making that final atonement, that curtain was RIPPED in two. This ripping of the curtain symbolized that we were not to be seperated from our Father any longer. We can go to Him now and talk with Him, we now have Jesus to thank for that. We can do this now because when you are saved...and you accept that gift...The Father no longer see's sin on you...He see's His son's blood which washes away EVERY sin. No matter how bad you think you are or what you have done...nothing is too great for His sacrifice.

Mari, I like you, used to have that great void. I filled it with sex, drugs, money...name it!!!! I was always left broke, lonely, and empty inside. I became desperate...I started to study EVERYTHING...buddism, shintoism, scientology, the koran, etc...It wasn't until I got ahold of the bible that I found Him. I studied and studied. Finally, I accepted Him into my life. He filled that void like nothing else could. I have never been so happy and filled. That was almost 10 years ago.

I know what you are going through...I've been there. My empathy for you is great and I wish you the best. I can say this only from experience....If you call on Him to save you...He is worthy and gracious and will do so. Believe who He is, what He has done, and know that you have messed up in your life. Turn from your old ways and start fresh. In doing so, He will wipe your slate clean, seal you and keep you.

I hope that you find Him...He can and will fill that void.

With love in Christ

Just pray and believe and ask but how do I know if it is true for sure? Sorry.

Just pray and believe and ask but how do I know if it is true for sure? Sorry.

Don't be sorry!! I would never want someone to JUST take my word for it. This is how people are led to false beliefs.

Well, you said yourself you believe in God. This has been established. So, If there is a God, He must be the creator of all. If He is the creator, He must have a purpose for His creation...right? So, how does He relay this message to His creation? The Bible. Read the bible for yourself. Focus on the perfection that it is aligned...no contradictions. These books were not written together...they were written centuries apart. It wasn't until a few centuries ago that they were all compiled into one book. Yet still, no contradictions.

Look at the prophecies that He has given to us. In order to show what would happen in the end, from the beginning, show's Him to be all knowning.

In His word He has given us our hope. From His love, He has given us His grace through salvation by His only begotten son, Jesus. Now, you have to read the scriptures and have faith. Believe on Him who He sent. We all have faith in something, whether we admit it or not. What does your heart tell you? You have come to Worthy looking for something. People don't search God without Him calling you first. He is leading you to His word...it will be up to you to further this investigation and believe in what He has given you.

Believe me, It's a wonderful life...and don't worry...we don't drink Kool-aid and wait for comets in here. LOL

We believe, worship, and serve. We live by love, faith, and hope.