IGNORED

Did Miss California lose the Miss USA title because of her answer?

Paul 84

Guest LadyC

ya know, after listening to another judge being interviewed last night, i'm not so certain that she lost because of perez's vote. there were 12 judges. in order for his vote to have knocked her out of first place, she would have had to have a pretty low score across the board prior to that particular event. the judge that was being interviewed also said she personally was not offended by carrie's response to the question, and was not on the "crucify carrie" bandwagon that the media, the pageant, the sponsors, and so many others seem to be on.

this isn't a battle between two people, perez and prejean, that happened on that stage, it's a spiritual battle in the supernatural realm. the question was just a catalyst that God chose to use for His glory. not only in her life, i'm discovering, but in my own, since my defense of carrie and of the sanctity of marriage in general just cost me dearly too.

and even though i watched the interview during the second airing of hannity last night (i'm not a night-owl though, the second airing is well before bedtime on the west coast!), nebula, i'm glad you posted a summary of what carrie said to sean... it brought things back into focus for me and diminished my anger and my wounded feelings. it reminded me that i need to be proud to stand up for righteousness and not wallow in my own self-pity when it costs us personally.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.92
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

:noidea: Lady C

Guest ~zoe-girl~

Thank you for shring this, it puts it all into proper order~

Good for her to stand firm for what is rt, maybe we can all learn a thing or two from this young woman~

ZG

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,683
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/14/1962

Did anyone watch the Miss USA pageant last night? If so can you tell me because, I did not watch the Miss USA pageant last night, but did hear on FOX News how Miss California was asked what she thought of same sex marriage, by Perez Hilton. She gave an answer in whcih she was thankful for living in the United States were people can make up their own minds. But then from what I understood she gave her opinion in which she said she thought marriage should be between a man and a woman. Perez Hilton being gay has slammed her on his web-page. Also he being a judge in the pageant probably cost her the crown because she was first runner-up. From what Fox news stated she was leading in the scores before this question. Fox new had a reporter who say she knows Miss California and she is a Christian, may God bless this beautiful woman greatly, for taking a stand for what God honours.

If anyone watch this what did you think of it?

The correct answer was © world peace.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  788
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/18/1979

I'm annoyed by the very idea of Perez Hilton. I'm bothered. I'm troubled by the problem of homosexuality and by the clip I watched on YouTube of Hilton's shameless ways. It's 4:30 am here in Mississauga, Ontario and I have been literally losing sleep over this. I have just arisen from bed, where I was tossing and turning, thinking about this whole sorry episode. :21:

Same-sex unions are like a pandora's box that has been thrown open. The bell can't be unrung. The pile of ashes can't be converted back into wood. I really do have mixed feelings about all this. On the hand, I would want for all people to enjoy basic human rights, but on the other hand ... is marriage a human right? Should it be considered a right or an honour? Entitlement or privelige? I realize that not all heterosexual couples are ideal for marriage. I realize that many traditional couples enjoy what seems like undeserved access to marriage solely because they are "traditionally" hetero. But that should not be the only precondition! I want for all marriages to be as stable as the one my parents have kept faithfully, dutifully and lovingly since 1974. :laugh:

Thank you Lord for my parents and family. :emot-hug:

The decay of marriage and of the family is a symptom of something much bigger and nastier. Can't properly address same-sex marriage until we bring about a renaissance of traditional values and clean up the mess in our own back yard. The GLBT have all-too-easily pointed out the putrescent decay of what we so reverently call "traditional family values" when debating the marriage issue. And as defenders of the faith we have no rejoinder because it's all true.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.92
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

By the way -

this isn't a battle between two people, perez and prejean, that happened on that stage, it's a spiritual battle in the supernatural realm. the question was just a catalyst that God chose to use for His glory. not only in her life, i'm discovering, but in my own, since my defense of carrie and of the sanctity of marriage in general just cost me dearly too.

This is a very good point.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.26
  • Days Won:  19

And may the "Hound of Heaven" grab ahold of her accusers!

Woof Woof! I love it. :emot-hug:

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  788
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/18/1979

Woof Woof! I love it. :rolleyes:

Interesting. The heavenly equivalent of a hellhound.

On the heels of that: What breed of dog is Cerberus?

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.26
  • Days Won:  19

Woof Woof! I love it. :D

HUH? :rolleyes:

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.49
  • Days Won:  3

Woof Woof! I love it. :D

The three-headed hellhound? There's a breed for a half snake half multi-headed god? :rolleyes: