IGNORED

Did Miss California lose the Miss USA title because of her answer?

Paul 84

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  164
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/23/1965

Did anyone watch the Miss USA pageant last night? If so can you tell me because, I did not watch the Miss USA pageant last night, but did hear on FOX News how Miss California was asked what she thought of same sex marriage, by Perez Hilton. She gave an answer in whcih she was thankful for living in the United States were people can make up their own minds. But then from what I understood she gave her opinion in which she said she thought marriage should be between a man and a woman. Perez Hilton being gay has slammed her on his web-page. Also he being a judge in the pageant probably cost her the crown because she was first runner-up. From what Fox news stated she was leading in the scores before this question. Fox new had a reporter who say she knows Miss California and she is a Christian, may God bless this beautiful woman greatly, for taking a stand for what God honours.

If anyone watch this what did you think of it?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

No guts, no Glory, no evening news story!

God Bless her!

If she lost because she stood for Righteousness sake, then she will be rewarded with a crown of Glory that will far exceed a temporal crown of beauty. :thumbsup:

Hallelujah and thank God for her!

Sometimes it's costly to lean in real close to Jesus and embrace Him when He's all Bloody and Gory like that and everyone else wants to distance themselves. :wub:

Peace,

Dave

• Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

I watched part of it... (my remote is broken) and I didn't feel like getting up... but did you see Miss California? Miss NC won, I think. She wasn't un-attractive, but not the most attractive and I didn't hear that question asked... I now have batteries and don't have to watch this drivel anymore, tho... :thumbsup:

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Here's the FoxNews link:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,517137,00.html

When asked by judge Perez Hilton, an openly gay gossip blogger, whether she believed in gay marriage, Miss California, Carrie Prejean, said "We live in a land where you can choose same-sex marriage or opposite. And you know what, I think in my country, in my family, I think that I believe that a marriage should be between a man and a woman. No offense to anybody out there, but that's how I was raised."

Keith Lewis, who runs the Miss California competition, tells FOXNews.com that he was "saddened" by Prejean's statement.

"As co-director of the Miss California USA, I am personally saddened and hurt that Miss California believes marriage rights belong only to a man and a woman," said Lewis in a statement. "I believe all religions should be able to ordain what unions they see fit. I do not believe our government should be able to discriminate against anyone and religious beliefs have no politics in the Miss California family."

Co-director Shanna Moakler told FOXNews.com that she fully supported Lewis' statement.

The FoxNews TV report showed Hiton's blog video, and my was he nasty.

Anyway, I stand on the authority of Romans 8 over Carrie - that all things work together for good for those that love God. I pray for His righteousness and redemption to be made manifest through this situation.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Days Won:  9

Perez Hilton is disgusting. I didn't see question answer period... I'm glad she gave the answer she did - it was probably a big set up though since it came from such an obvious proponent of gay rights.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  164
  • Birthday:  10/23/1965

Thanks Nebula, Carrie Prejean (Miss California) did a great job than and should definitely be Miss USA! I agree with you Romans 8:28 is a good verse for this situation.

Matthitjah you're right she will receive a much better crown.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  692
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  03/02/1946

I think she lost because of her answer and kudo's to her :sad030:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  186

Matthew 16

26What good will it be for a man if he gains the whole world, yet forfeits his soul? Or what can a man give in exchange for his soul?

I didn't see the show but it sounds like she may decided her soul was worth more than a Miss America Title. It amazes me watching people forfeit their souls for fame in this world. One thing they can't say is...that Jesus wasn't kind to the ungrateful and wicked.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Interesting. I think I'd file a lawsuit if I were her. I'd make that little weasel testify in court!