pokemaughan

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  139
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

sorry servant, but your theology is seriously flawed. especially given God's clear permission to the jews to buy wine or even strong drink when celebrating the tithe feast in honour of the Lord.

Duet 14:26 And thou shalt bestow that money for whatsoever thy soul lusteth after, for oxen, or for sheep, or for wine, or for strong drink, or for whatsoever thy soul desireth: and thou shalt eat there before the LORD thy God, and thou shalt rejoice, thou, and thine household,

+++++++++

Now this is an excellent point..God looks to be giving license to the use of alcoholic beverages to His people. When I first read this some years back I was floored, I quickly called my friend..we looked at each other and thought oh no have we been teaching the wrong doctrine?

Then I decided to do a little word study, after all the KJV translators were drinkers so they always seemed to color things in that light.

So I find out that the word "Strong Drink" is Shekar in Hebrew, it is where we get our word "sugar" from.

It is a beverage/product made from the sap of the date palm..much like our maple syrup. It can be translated Strong Drink in that it can be a strong drink, but it also can be a juice drink or made into many products like sugar.

I studied this out for several hours pouring over the internet..I even got testimony from an older gal in India who said they had a non alcoholic drink as a kid from the coconut palm sap and they also had a forbidden alcoholic drink from it.

Now of course the word wine is also a word that can mean alcoholic or non alcoholic..like ( Is 65:8 .".wine in clusters")

So it looks like they were only getting grape juice and date palm juice..or at least one can not PROVE they were allowed to drink alcohol by this scripture.

It was one of the most fascinating studies I have done.

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,129
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

"What was Jesus drinking"

He was drinking the fruit of the vine..which is grape juice.

Remember the typology involved..this was a type of Jesus blood..it and He were without sin..in order to make alcoholic wine you must first allow the grapes to become putrefied, the sugars rot with leaven and become alcohol.

The bread was unleavened also as we all know. There was to be no leaven..in the juice or in the bread.

History shows they drank grape juice and it was very common..yes there was alcohol around also, but it was not the only thing they had to drink.

They had water to drink also..note the scripture about the man carrying the pitcher of water.

Wine can refer to either alcoholic or non alcoholic drink..there are scriptures to back this up..(like wine in clusters..OT)

History teaches that until Dr. Welch discovered pasturising grape juice in the mid 1800's you had about a week to either drink the grape juice or make wine out of it, for if you don't it will on its own turn into vinigar.

Grapes pretty much ripen once a year and the time for fresh juice is very limited.

If Jesus drank of the fruit of the vine he drank wine with the possible exception of one month or so a year.

BTW, My wife has MS and has some really bad cramps that do damage to her body........ a small glass of wine almost instantly stops those cramps.

I have acid reflex and when we eat after six pm, and I have to take some really expensive drugs, drink a small glass of wine or sleep setting up in a chair.

I have also noted that it lowers my high blood pressure from 12 to 20 points for several hours....... and that is really good for one's heart.

But, not everyone's body handles alcohol the same...... some people are really prone to addiction that neither my wife or myself seem to have. We do have friends that have a lot of trouble with alcohol, so we are very very careful of who we are around when we drink anything.

I do find that everclear ( nearly pure ethanol) is really really good for taking the finish off of old furniture, and it's all they used for cleaning television camera lenses back when I worked in the tv industry......

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  346
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

Anyway here are some nutrional info just to digress a bit here..

1 gram of carbs equals 4 calories

1 gram of protein equals 4 calories

1 gram of fat equals 9 calories

...do you know what 1 gram of alcohol equals???? Take a while guess..... 1 gram of carbs equals 7 YES SEVEN calories.....

one more reason to stay away from it! Bye bye beer belly! LOL

"What was Jesus drinking"

He was drinking the fruit of the vine..which is grape juice.

Remember the typology involved..this was a type of Jesus blood..it and He were without sin..in order to make alcoholic wine you must first allow the grapes to become putrefied, the sugars rot with leaven and become alcohol.

The bread was unleavened also as we all know. There was to be no leaven..in the juice or in the bread.

History shows they drank grape juice and it was very common..yes there was alcohol around also, but it was not the only thing they had to drink.

They had water to drink also..note the scripture about the man carrying the pitcher of water.

Wine can refer to either alcoholic or non alcoholic drink..there are scriptures to back this up..(like wine in clusters..OT)

History teaches that until Dr. Welch discovered pasteurization grape juice in the mid 1800's you had about a week to either drink the grape juice or make wine out of it, for if you don't it will on its own turn into vinegar.

Grapes pretty much ripen once a year and the time for fresh juice is very limited.

You do not need fresh grapes to make grape juice.....seldom the grape juice we drink today is fresh juice..it is from concentrate.

Go into your cupboard get down the grape jam. Mix some jam and hot water..what does it taste like? Right..... grape juice. Oops I for got to tell you to let it cool..my bad :cool: We boil down grapes and make jam that does not go bad because of the high sugar content...we have it in the cupboard all year long.

Now you are in ancient times and you have all this grape juice at harvest time......you have kids and kids love jam and juice..would you not boil down the juice and make these products? Of course.....and they did and we have the HISTORICAL RECORD that they did.

Here is one historical quote...

Homer, in the Odyssey Ulysses took in his boat "goat-skin of sweet black wine, a divine drink, which Marion, the priest of Apollo, had given him - it was sweet honey - it was imperishable, or would keep forever; that when it was drunk, it was diluted with twenty parts water, and that from it a sweet and divine odour exhaled."

There is tons and tons of historical information on the internet that the people in Jesus' time had grape juice to drink all year long.

There are several ways the ancients kept grape juice from fermenting into vinegar.

It is just wild what you can look up in just minutes on the internet..look for yourselves..I have spent hours reading on this subject.

Read several articles do not form your doctrine from a couple articles..read like 30 and many counter arguments will melt away.

...do you know what 1 gram of alcohol equals???? Take a while guess..... 1 gram of carbs equals 7 YES SEVEN calories.....

And there's 150 calories in a Twinkie.......what's your point? :cool:

Other One...

The bible clearly gives exception to drinking of alcohol for medical use..like Timothy little wine for stomach(if that was alcohol) or the people in proverbs who are dying in pain (Pro 31:6 Give strong drink to him who is perishing, And wine to him whose life is bitter.)

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  630
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  03/09/1990

And there's 150 calories in a Twinkie.......what's your point? :cool:

Know not ye that one hundred and fifty is the number of the Beast? Repent, ye fool, and forsake thy Twinkie.