• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  191
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  629
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/29/1970

I feel God pulling me into his world. A world so different from the one we live in that I can't but willingly follow him. My thoughts are consumed with learning about him. I read any thing I was get my hand on. Listen to any one willing to share their knowledge of him and yet I also feel pulled toward Satan's domain. I feel that I need to learn as much as I can about his powers. As if somehow it's important in some way. Is this dangerous? Don't anyone get me wrong. God is always in my thoughts. I think may be I'm just trying to make sense out of all the things I've had to endure because of Satan. I don't know. may be I want to be able to help others get free from the hold that Satan has over us. To many Christians believe their untouchable by Satan because they are Christians and I've found that that is not true. Christians are the major target of Satan and his little friends. What do you think? Should I leave it alone? Confused and yet not defeated. :blink:

God Bless

Jacqueline

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,317
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

I feel God pulling me into his world. A world so different from the one we live in that I can't but willingly follow him. My thoughts are consumed with learning about him. I read any thing I was get my hand on. Listen to any one willing to share their knowledge of him and yet I also feel pulled toward Satan's domain. I feel that I need to learn as much as I can about his powers. As if somehow it's important in some way. Is this dangerous? Don't anyone get me wrong. God is always in my thoughts. I think may be I'm just trying to make sense out of all the things I've had to endure because of Satan. I don't know. may be I want to be able to help others get free from the hold that Satan has over us. To many Christians believe their untouchable by Satan because they are Christians and I've found that that is not true. Christians are the major target of Satan and his little friends. What do you think? Should I leave it alone? Confused and yet not defeated. :blink:

God Bless

Jacqueline

Jacqueline, God tells us in the old testament not to learn the ways of satan and his followers. There is no reason for you to understand the ways of the evil one.

I personally did not head this warning when I was in my 20's and very near ended up posessed. I believe it is very dangerous and should be avoided. Stick to learning about Jesus and his ways and shun the evil one's ways.

That is not to say that you should run from the evil one, some are called to fight him, just don't get involved with satan's teachings.

Sam

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  18
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Jackie,

Can u be more explicit of what u have gone thru in these attacks. May be we can also share our experiences and teach one another something.

One thing we are sure is that we do have authority to ward off the attacks of the devil. And he will attack (ephesians talks about the evil day!) and also in James that the devil goes about seeking who he may devour (among the christians too!).

We need wisdom in these days to know how to deal with the devil and all his cohorts! We do not bury our heads in the sand and pretend there is no devil, but also we do not overemphasise his hold/ power over us.

Welcome to the club!

T

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.93
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I too am a bit confused over what you are going through and pulled towards.

Now, there is a difference between learning about something and actually learning that something.

For instance, there's a difference between a Christian who reads the Koran so that they know waht it is the Muslims believe so they can reason with and witness to the Muslims better - and a Christian who reads the Koran looking for wisdom and insight.

As per witchcraft and Satanism and all that - I would agree that learning about them can be very beneficial, like if you were acquainted with someone involved with such and wanted to witness to them or if you were going into warfare against such practices. "Know your enemy" is an effective strategy in warfare or in sports (a good coach will train his players how to overcome styles of the opponent). BUT, what you are learning and where you are looking for your sources of information can be very, very dangerous.

If you need to understand, there are several Christian books out there from people who have been in spiritual warfare against witches, witchcraft, and the like. These folk will not only inform you of the activity and beliefs, but also explain how and why it is a lie/evil and how to overcome it through the blood of the Lamb and the word of your testimony.

If, however, you are wanting to learn how to practice witchcraft - DON'T DO IT! You'll be treading on ice that's too thin to hold up even a mouse!

OK?

• Topic Count:  191
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  629
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  03/29/1970

As per witchcraft and Satanism and all that - I would agree that learning about them can be very beneficial, like if you were acquainted with someone involved with such and wanted to witness to them or if you were going into warfare against such practices.  "Know your enemy" is an effective strategy in warfare or in sports (a good coach will train his players how to overcome styles of the opponent).  BUT, what you are learning and where you are looking for your sources of information can be very, very dangerous.

I didn't word my post correctly. Nebula your right. Thats what I want. I don't want to learn Satans powers to use them, but to help others defeat him in their lives. But even though I want to do this I've decided that the most important thing for me to do right now is to continue to learn about our father, Jesus. What good will it do me if I learn what Satan is allowed to do if I still don't understand so much about our Lord? Within myself I can do nothing, but with Jesus Christ even the sky is not a limit. Thanks guys for the advises. :hug:

God Bless

Jacquelin

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  23
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  09/09/1959

Our bodies is a temple of the holy spirit. What did Jesus do when the temple was being defiled with trading?

The word says to surrender our minds to Christ. Why would you want to fill it with Satan's stuff?

The Word says to:

Romans 12:2 - We are transformed by the renewing of our mind.( through the Word.). Not by experiences, this means it is not subjective but objective.

So, with Romans 12:2 - it says to fill it with Him and not with other things. I've done deliverance for a long time and done deliverance on people that thought the same thing as you. They wanted to know more and the more they read about Satan's work the more they wanted to know and read and got sucked in big time.

Working with people that are SRA (Satanically Ritually Abused) to get them free, I heard too much about the abuse the enemy does on these people. It is horrific and I guarantee it is not nice. Why would you go seek the things of Satan? I would say it is a trap of Satan to get you to doubt.

Guest ReflectionsofHim

As per witchcraft and Satanism and all that - I would agree that learning about them can be very beneficial, like if you were acquainted with someone involved with such and wanted to witness to them or if you were going into warfare against such practices.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,317
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

What good will it do me if I learn what Satan is allowed to do if I still don't understand so much about our Lord? Within myself I can do nothing, but with Jesus Christ even the sky is not a limit. Thanks guys for the advises. :hug:

God Bless

Jacquelin

Jacquelin, what you have posted here, i believe is the secret to what you are asking. When you learn of the ways of the evil one you open yourself up to things that you might not or some say would not be exposed to without the knowledge. When you come to the full realization that they are there, and how they work, communication lines open that you would never be exposed to if you were not fully aware of the existance of them and how they work.

Remember that when the angel Michael was quarreling with satan over the body of moses, he only said "the Lord rebuke you" So it is my personal experience that we should not follow the teachings of Kenneth Copland and others that seem to hold pep rallies to go out and whip up on the devil. It does not work that way.

Without the Holy Spirit telling a person to confront the demon spiritual world, that person should not do so. To do this you need to know a lot about the Holy Spirit and not so much about satan and his ways.

If you are being drawn into the position of being an active spiritual warror, you need to know about the Holy Spirit and His functions and not satans. For in the long run it is the Spirit that is actually fighting and not us.

It took me many years and several serious defeates to learn this the hard way.

My concern is that you might be being drawn into this by the evil side itself and if not fully armored as in ephesians you will loose that battle. Maybe my memory is bad but I don't think the fully armored spirit warror spoken of in ephesians was told to understand the enemy, just the savior and him/her self.

I hope and pray that my experiences will not cause you or any others any kind of greif or put you into any danger in any way. Please take care of learning of satan and his ways, for it is very dangerous and we are told not to do so.

Sam

Guest ILive4Him

If you are thinking you will go work with those who are coming out of satanism, and you dont know the power of God in your own life, you will be in big trouble.

this is not a ministry you just decide to do on your own. Forget it for now, seek God with all your heart, get to know Him, learn to walk in the power of the Holy Spirit. Then if God calls you to such ministry He will let you know. I dont think at all that is what is happening with you, I think the enemy is luring you to investigate something that you should flee from. I know christians involved in ministry freeing those from satanism and believe me it takes a special calling and a spiritual maturity that most of us dont have. I am involved in ministry, I pray for the sick, I minister prophetically, and I am not even remotely ready for such minsitry. So dont jump in to something that could end up a nightmare for you.

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  557
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  09/21/1976

I feel God pulling me into his world.  A world so different from the one we live in that I can't but willingly follow him.  My thoughts are consumed with learning about him.  I read any thing I was get my hand on.  Listen to any one willing to share their knowledge of him and yet I also feel pulled toward  Satan's domain.  I feel that I need to learn as much as I can about his powers.  As if somehow it's important in some way.  Is this dangerous?  Don't anyone get me wrong.  God is always in my thoughts.  I think may be I'm just trying to make sense out of all the things I've had to endure because of Satan.  I don't know.  may be I want to be able to help others get free from the hold that Satan has over us.  To many Christians believe their untouchable by Satan because they are Christians and I've found that that is not true.  Christians are the major target of Satan and his little friends.  What do you think?  Should I leave it alone?  Confused and yet not defeated.  :wub:

God Bless

Jacqueline

Well if you are doing this, because you want to help others come to Christ, by using other people belief this can, be alright, or not alright depending on where God is leading you at this time. If God is leading you to understand the evils of this world for the purpose of staying away from them, and helping those who believe in them to bring them out of those evils this is alright, but please keep the full armor of righteousness on while you are doing this, do not give into any of those evil ways, let your faith develop, becoming blameless, and staying blameless, we can be in this world but not of this world. Let patience have her perfect work, so you can develop in serving God, but I am not saying you should not, or you should, I am saying, know yourself, through faith in God, meaning, know what gifts you have received, use them, and you will get more gifts, and you will be made moreso into Christ's image, to serve Him in the way He desires.