kat8585

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

Perhaps that is part of the problem - Christians need to invite him into their observances and witness to him.... I personally send a prayer each week to the White House website asking that God guide and direct him in his decisions and that his actions Glorify God....

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps that is part of the problem - Christians need to invite him into their observances and witness to him.... I personally send a prayer each week to the White House website asking that God guide and direct him in his decisions and that his actions Glorify God....

Give it a try. Invite him to come over for a dinner party. Witness to him, and let us know how it goes? :cool:

That's an idea!!!! Wonder if he'd come? Ya never know... I make a great Rib Roast!!!

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  74
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/13/1948

One thing about past president Bush, he spoke from his heart.

Mr Obama speaks with a forked tongue, as the Indians say of "liars."

It would be great if we Christians would look in the mirror sometimes when we talk and listen to ourself, if we were recorded. From the highest IQ to the lowest, a real Christian who loves and serves God is the smartest person in the world, in Gods eyes.

It's a fact, we Christians put Mr Obama in office for 4 years. Is that not a joke in Gods eyes, proving we are greedy and love the things of this world, more than to obey Gods Word, the Holy King James Version Bible?

We Christians need a Holy Ghost revival, sent from God.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.06
  • Days Won:  78

If you look at yourself and the positions of former Senator Helms on the right, and Ted Kennedy on the left, you can better guage where you fit in? I don't consider you to be as far right as Helms was or as far left as Kennedy, and in general, on the issues, you seem to lean slightly right. Because you are a centrist, I would have thought you would have been a fan of McCain? On the other hand, I don't see how you could like Obama at all? :cool: It would be like the following example I am creating to make my point.

As I said before, Butero, I'm a few ticks right of center. McCain is not conservative enough for me, nor was GWB. Kennedy? I don't even understand him and I don't know anything about Senator Helms (I will have to read up on him).

As for liking Obama, I'm talking personalitywise. What does his idealogy have to do with chatting him up at a party? I don't like, or dislike, people based on either their party or their idealogical beliefs. Much as I can have discussions about most anything, except religion, with the Mormon who works in the next office from me. If we seek only those exactly like ourselves to engage....we're going to have a really small (and boring) circle of friends and will never be able to spread the Word to anyone.

And a teleprompter. :cool:

And a teleprompter. :cool:

Yep!!! :huh: They ALL use teleprompters and maybe Bush wouldn't have created so many "Bushisms" if he'd stuck to the prompter :)

• Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,823
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Days Won:  2

The wonders of modern technology

• Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.87
  • Days Won:  0

How does a teleprompter work? How can one not look like they're reading something? I know he's lost without his, but it never looks like he's reading anything.

i have seen where there was screens (so to speak) at several places through out the area, so that when the person speaking could see what was going to be said when looking at other places, and the podium would also have a screen. this would/could give the appearance that the person speaking was doing so from memory...

I am not sure how his works...... it could be like the screens used like in Combat, where it is dark on one side and there is a person on the other side doing all the writing (backwards) or even possibly like a big screen TV/computer screen...

mike

And a teleprompter. :laugh:

Yep!!! :thumbsup: They ALL use teleprompters and maybe Bush wouldn't have created so many "Bushisms" if he'd stuck to the prompter :noidea:

They all use teleprompters. The difference is how often they have to use them. Obama uses the teleprompter for nearly everything he says. That is why it has become an issue with him, and not for former Presidents.

Oh poppycock!! They ALL use them quite a lot....

And a teleprompter. :laugh:

Yep!!! :thumbsup: They ALL use teleprompters and maybe Bush wouldn't have created so many "Bushisms" if he'd stuck to the prompter :noidea:

They all use teleprompters. The difference is how often they have to use them. Obama uses the teleprompter for nearly everything he says. That is why it has become an issue with him, and not for former Presidents.

Sorry, Butero, but GWB used a teleprompter at all times too...he even admits he is not good at public speaking. Using one is no crime; good grief, most people couldn't put two words together without one.