Fun vs. Sin

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  0

Hey, I have an honest question that I feel conflicted about.

I am young (23) and right now my husband is deployed. So let me be honest - I am somewhat lonely. I want to go out and have fun with the girls. The problem is I don't know where to draw the line between having fun with the girls and when I am sinning. They want to drink, and I don't mind an occasional drink, but they often want to get drunk, which is not what I am into. I made the mistake once of getting drunk with them before I started to re-devote myself to the Lord and going back to church, so they encourage me to keep drinking with them. I think they know now that I really don't want more than 1 or 2 drinks and I am not really a party person, but I love them as friends and don't mind getting out of the house to enjoy their company.

So, what do you think? How can I better deal with this situation? Should I not drink at all? Not go out with them at all? I enjoy having girl time, but maybe I am hurting any chances to witness to them if the opportunity arises? I am so confused. Any advice is welcome :noidea:

Hi hillsong,

You ask how do yo know if you are crossing the line?.....................................

1 Corinthians 15:33--Be not decieved: evil communications corrupt good manners.

This verse of scripture tells what it means for us to cross the line. The verse says, don't be decieved that communicating or (fellowshipping) with those who are partying in a bar where there is people giving themselves over to drunkeness and not only that but people are there to pick up girls and boys and no telling how many fall into fornication each night. The Lord says we are decieving our ownselves when we hang around those who are leading their lives according to this world and when we share their company in fellowship with them it will eventually corrupt your good manners that you have in Christ will be eventually corrupted.

I know that Jesus sticketh closer than a brother. You can fellowship with him and the loneliness you fill inside will not have a hold on you. Also you can pray for new friends that will have a positive effect on your life in accordance with the will of the Lord. For this will please the Lord in you asking for new friends we have not because we ask not.

I hope that this has helped you in someway that will run out the confusion that you are struggling with, for God is pleased when we

call on his name.

Blessings

stay sweet

OC

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  171
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

I Corinthians 5:9-13

9I have written you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

I have in no way mislead or deceived my husband. He in fact encourages me to go out. I trust him and he trusts me. I feel more conflicted than anything.

So, you're having fun and both your husband and you are in agreement with the fun time.... yet you feel conflicted. Sounds like the Holy Spirit is convicting you even though others are agreeing. :laugh:

I have prayed some, but I will be praying more.

Ask the Lord the exact same questions you posted earlier.... "So, what do you think? How can I better deal with this situation? Should I not drink at all? Not go out with them at all? I enjoy having girl time, but maybe I am hurting any chances to witness to them if the opportunity arises"?

You've mentioned that you love your friends but remember, He's also your friend and is right there to help in all situations. Just listen closely for His instructions because He will give you the answers to these questions. :)

• Topic Count:  346
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

If you have to ask, your in sin. That's my point of view on it.. kind of like what they say in the office regarding proper clothing "if you have to ask, dont wear it!"

• Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  1

Praying for you that the Spirit of Truth will speak to your heart what is good and right behavior for a child of God...

and when you hear Him you will follow after..

May the joy of the Lord be your strength ... :laugh: