• Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Actually, the issue is how one interprets "what pertaineth to a man/woman."

The Bible never says, "Women must wear skirts/dresses, never pants."

That is a cultural norm some ascribe to, others don't.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  53
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/08/1976

Actually, the issue is how one interprets "what pertaineth to a man/woman."

The Bible never says, "Women must wear skirts/dresses, never pants."

That is a cultural norm some ascribe to, others don't.

Amen, If the opposite were the case,, Most of the ancient Celts are doomed! Not to mention women working in factories with machines that wont allow free flowing articles of clothing. Oh man, even those women mechanics who have to wear work uniforms. Doomed I say Doomed!

I'm also Doomed, I have tattoos, I don't wear my piercings anymore, but that's a personal preference. I've gone to church with a foot tall mohawk and that was my regular style back then for years. Most people that see me on the streets run to the other side in fear. But that's always been the case even if I wear a suit, I end up looking like a hit man. So, guess It's all over for me. I can't serve the Lord anylonger.

Since someone wants to follow the Levitcal laws, give me a call, so I can come buy your house and we'll make everything Kosher, we'll get rid of all your haines t shirts, and button ups, and suits and dresses, because they're made of two kinds of materials. We'll also put the railing around your roof. I'll go through your house and throw out your razors so your beard will be as the Lord commands. But, since I'm a man of faith, I'll give you a month to get your things in order and repent for not following the Mosaic Law so that you will not be stoned for disobiediance. And trust me I'll bring 2 or 3 witnesses. And for the love of corn, throw out that pork, and don't ever eat a supreme pizza again! I'll also bring a shovel because the Lord wan'ts us to bury our poo, not flush it!

If you'd like, we'll go through all of the Laws, and just pick you apart and set you straight. Sound good? Or are you having a different view now? If you are going to hold yourself bondage to one part of the Law, you will be held accountable to the full measure of the Law.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  885
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/19/1960

God looks at the heart, while man judges the externals. Modesty is important, but legalisms are lame. We should be soul winners, not those trying to create cookie cutter clones (hey, Africans, you don't have to wear suits and ties to be spiritual).

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

if I wear a suit, I end up looking like a hit man.

:emot-handshake:

• Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,071
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  5

4. The argument against women wearing pants. The main verse used is Deuteronomy 22:5

22:5 The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God.

The position is that just as dresses have traditionally applied to women, pants have traditionally applied to men. Then there is 1 Corinthians 6:9. Among the sinful behaviors that will keep someone from inheriting the kingdom of God is being effeminate. The word effeminate means a man taking on the characteristics and appearance of a woman, and soft clothing appears in the definition. As such, women who wear clothes that give them a masculine appearance would be sinful. Pants often tend to do that.

We discussed this before in the thread "Wearing Pants on Vistiation (aka, Soulwinning)"

I will simply re-post my comment there again here . . .

Duet. 22:5 is addressing women wearing something other than just men

• Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,071
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  5

As for Blindseeker, I have seen your explaination, and you are entitled to your opinion, but I don't agree with it. When I posted the reasons why people believe as they do concerning appearance, I did so to show they are based on how someone interprets scripture. It is obvious we don't all interpret it the same. I didn't even agree with everything some were teaching. I did on the clothing issue, and still do. I also believe tattoos are wrong. You probably have as much chance of convincing me I am wrong as I do converting all those who dissagree with me at WB to my way of thinking.

Butero,

Please do not take my post as a sign of disrespect or even an effort to convince you that you are wrong. I simply posted my perspective because as of yet it was not present here. I posted your rebuttal and my response to submit to all the prior discussion we had to save us from having to do it again.

There are many things where we are like minded and some areas where we are not. That does not bother me, it simply confirms to me that I only know in part and that I do not know anything as I ought . . .

It is evident that you have not embraced a mere teaching, but have reach conclusions through study and prayer . . . as have I. It reminds me of the frequent words of Adam Clarke where he often posts the commentaries of what he calls "other learned men." At the conclusion of his submitting of his thoughts and those of others he will frequently write, "When such learned men as these disagree, let the reader seek God for guidance in the matter."

Peace.