IGNORED

The Latest From Susan Boyle

Guest shiloh357

As far as the whole Susan Boyle thing... Reality TV gets its boost from "schock value." I remember when American Idol first aired and the US got its first taste of Simon. People were genuinely shocked and amazed that he could be so cruelly honest to would-be contestants. That basically helped to carry the 1st and 2nd season. The fact that Simon could be so rude and so callous was what kept people coming back to watch.

Susan Boyle added some shock value and some drama to the mix which is what draws audiences. I really think it was planned. She didn't just show up. It is more than likely that she was a "plant."

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eminem? The guy has NO talent. :whistling:

And that proves that talent is irrelevant! You and I may not like him but the truth is, whether you like him or not, he is extremely talented at what he does and is, in fact, the biggest artist of this millennia so far.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

She didn't just show up. It is more than likely that she was a "plant."

I don't believe that. She has the voice of an angel. I believe she's serious.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  1

I do not watch the show.. ever... I have only seen video of her singing not the show...

and I think she sings like an angel...

where do I fit into the shock theory.... :whistling:

Guest LadyC

to think she's a plant would be to think that simon and those judges have superb acting skills. and that would stretch my imagination beyond the breaking point.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

to think she's a plant would be to think that simon and those judges have superb acting skills. and that would stretch my imagination beyond the breaking point.

No one could have faked the agog looks on all their faces after 8 notes, just a few seconds.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

No - I believe her talent is sincere and so is she. I just don't think she was planted ... lovely voice.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,292
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

Eminem? The guy has NO talent. :thumbsup:

Uh. oh. You're proving Yod's point...lol

Maybe talent is like beauty..."in the eye of the beholder." For me, I'm a fan of the rap genre, Eminem is extremely talented.

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

Eminem? The guy has NO talent. :thumbsup:

And that proves that talent is irrelevant! You and I may not like him but the truth is, whether you like him or not, he is extremely talented at what he does and is, in fact, the biggest artist of this millennia so far.

Where exactly does his talent lie? I've seen the guy perform and he's pretty lame. Maybe he's wonderful to other people?

• Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,292
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

Where exactly does his talent lie? I've seen the guy perform and he's pretty lame. Maybe he's wonderful to other people?

Lame performance?...as in standing in the middle of the stage singing a slow ballad, ala Boyle? lol

Honestly, Eminem's biggest talent is his lyrical cadence. Every rapper tries to develop their own style and cadence. As a fan of the genre, I tell you his cadence is mind-boggling to me. He is just able to do so much lyrically with his cadence that it really just caught people by storm. Its the same thing that every artist tries to find...that "new" hot sound that just catches people unaware. The Beatles (60s), Pink Floyd (70s), Metallica (80s), Nirvana (90s), Eminem ('00)...they all spawned a generation of musical copycats. There are now a dozen imitators of eminem...both in cadence, lyrical style, and content. There are several off-shoots of the rap genre that can be accredited to Em.