• Topic Count:  65
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,066
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/02/1961

I just read this story....

www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,523581,00.html

This guy performed late-term abortions. He was shot and killed in a Lutheran church, which makes me question what the Lutherans believe NOW. I'm 99% sure they didn't support abortions, but they had this "killer" in their midst.

I don't want to sound judgemental of the Lutheran faith, but man, if they accept this abortion doctor, will they accept anyone???

a.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

Lutherans are split.

Bible believing Lutherans are the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod (LCMS) thier view is found here; http://www.lcms.org/graphics/assets/media/...wa_abortion.pdf and the Lutheran Church Wisconsin Synod.

Unfortunately the Evangelical Lutheran Church is NOT pro-life. They are lukewarm neutral on the subject from what I can tell. Most mainline Protestant denominations-Methodist, Presbyterian, ELCA Lutheran, Episcopalians, and so forth are not pro-life, in fact some are outwardly pro-choice.

Guest Butero
I just read this story....

www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,523581,00.html

This guy performed late-term abortions. He was shot and killed in a Lutheran church, which makes me question what the Lutherans believe NOW. I'm 99% sure they didn't support abortions, but they had this "killer" in their midst.

I don't want to sound judgemental of the Lutheran faith, but man, if they accept this abortion doctor, will they accept anyone???

a.

This was being discussed in the news forum. I completely agree. Any church that would accept someone like this as a member in good standing is worthless.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

and Christ used Saul/Paul, a murder of his children to become one of the apostles and a good portion of our New Testament is in our hands through Paul....

this is a subject that can be talked about both ways..... should we keep them in our church buildings? so that maybe, must maybe that the Holy Spirit will convict them of their sins?

or

should we ban them from entering in?????

good question.....

let's look at it from another view point....

the woman at the well, 5 husbands, 5 divorces, living with a man that is not her husband, shunned by many... yet, Christ used her to bring a village to Him.....

how about me?

I have lied, stolen, coveted, used the Lords name in vain, not even having used it as a curse word, it was used in vain.....

I was thought of, and was called long before i repented.... I was in church and fellowshiping even before I accepted my salvation (before being saved)..... I was working in the church fellowship, still living in sin (unrepentant) and yet, I was used by God before.....BEFORE..... I gave my life over, and then through the conviction of the H.S., I accepted the Gift of Salvation.

should we allow an abortionist in our midst?

should we allow an adulteress in our midst?

should we allow a liar in our midst?

should we allow a thief in our midst?

should we allow a murder in our midst?

should we allow any sinner in our midst?

mike

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

Well it is far more than a matter of allowing an abortionist in their midst. The major mainline Protestant denominations are ALL pro-choice. Of course they allow him in their midst, they agree with him.

For example here is a doctrinal statement of the Presbyterian Church USA the largest Presbyterian group.

http://www.pcusa.org/101/101-abortion.htm

Guest Butero
and Christ used Saul/Paul, a murder of his children to become one of the apostles and a good portion of our New Testament is in our hands through Paul....

this is a subject that can be talked about both ways..... should we keep them in our church buildings? so that maybe, must maybe that the Holy Spirit will convict them of their sins?

or

should we ban them from entering in?????

good question.....

let's look at it from another view point....

the woman at the well, 5 husbands, 5 divorces, living with a man that is not her husband, shunned by many... yet, Christ used her to bring a village to Him.....

how about me?

I have lied, stolen, coveted, used the Lords name in vain, not even having used it as a curse word, it was used in vain.....

I was thought of, and was called long before i repented.... I was in church and fellowshiping even before I accepted my salvation (before being saved)..... I was working in the church fellowship, still living in sin (unrepentant) and yet, I was used by God before.....BEFORE..... I gave my life over, and then through the conviction of the H.S., I accepted the Gift of Salvation.

should we allow an abortionist in our midst?

should we allow an adulteress in our midst?

should we allow a liar in our midst?

should we allow a thief in our midst?

should we allow a murder in our midst?

should we allow any sinner in our midst?

mike

Paul was not a member of the Christian church till he repented and accepted Jesus as his Lord and Savior. The woman at the well was not a follower of Christ while she was living in sin. We are not talking about former sinners, but people in a lifestyle of sin. With that in mind, the answer to your question is obvious to me. 1 Corinthians 5:1-5

1 IT is reported commonly that there is fornication among you, and such fornication as is not so much as named among the Gentiles, that one should have his father's wife.

2 ye are puffed up, and have not rather mourned, that he that hath done this deed might be taken away from among you.

3 For I verily, as absent in body, but present in spirit, have judged already, as though I were present, concerning him that hath so done this deed,

4 In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when ye are gathered together, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ,

5 To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh,that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

If Paul said we should put a person out of the church that committed fornication and incest, I think the same standard should be applied to a baby killer. The church world has become full of sin because they have not followed this teaching, but have been allowing people to continue in a lifestyle of wilful sin while remaining a member in good standing in the Christian church. They need to be put out until they repent.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

In my heart, I agree Mike. I have seen people struggling with their salvation who were 'notorious' sinners and who kept coming to church and eventually received Christ. They repented and are Christians living a Godly life. I've also known of church deacons who were not living their lives according to God's laws and who still serve.... Men who cheated in business, abusers, etc. But they are on the front row on Sunday morning. Who is anyone to say that the Holy Spirit is not dealing with them, too? I'm not in favor of turning anyone away who is seeking to learn and experience Christ's love ...

Blessings.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  913
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/02/1969

In my heart, I agree Mike. I have seen people struggling with their salvation who were 'notorious' sinners and who kept coming to church and eventually received Christ. They repented and are Christians living a Godly life. I've also known of church deacons who were not living their lives according to God's laws and who still serve.... Men who cheated in business, abusers, etc. But they are on the front row on Sunday morning. Who is anyone to say that the Holy Spirit is not dealing with them, too? I'm not in favor of turning anyone away who is seeking to learn and experience Christ's love ...

Blessings.

Amen Believer :emot-hug:

And where would any of us be right now if someone decided we didn't convert or repent as quickly as man thought we aught and banned us from church instead of allowing the Holy Spirit to do His job.

He does so much better than us anyways!

Guest Butero

Blessings.

That brings up another question. Was this man a church member, or just a visitor? You said you have known of people who were notorious sinners who eventually received Christ. If you are a notorious sinner, you are not part of God's church, not on God's role, and not supposed to be on a church role either. Membership is usually based on a salvation experience. I don't think anyone would be opposed to a sinner coming to hear the gospel, but no church should allow a professing Christian to remain a member in good standing if they are in a lifestyle of sin. That is totally contrary to the teachings of the Bible.

Guest Butero

I went back to re-read the news story, and it states that this abortion clinic doctor was an usher at the church, and was singing in the choir when he was shot. No Christian church should allow such a man to be a member, let alone hold any positions. I would never darken the doors of such a church, and I believe God left it a long time ago.