• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

You know WND's founder is an avid conspiracy theorist about this specific issue. According to Wiki he's vowed to use this issue to "...drive a wedge in an already divided public."

Wait, wait, wait...

That is NOT what Farah said..even according to wiki. He said:

"It'll plague Obama throughout his presidency. It'll be a nagging issue and a sore on his administration, much like Monica Lewinsky was on Bill Clinton's presidency, it's not going to go away, and it will drive a wedge in an already divided public." wiki source ..and ...original quote source

"It"...is the complete issue surrounding the legal fight Obama is putting up over his birth certificate. The "it" is NOT Joeseph Farah. He didn't say "I will drive a wedge..." Obama is driving a wedge by spending nearly $1 million dollars fighting and being completely secretive, and misleading about the issue.

This was a misrepresentation of the entire quote on wikipedia.

If the issue will drive a wedge into an already divided public, then logically those who promote the issue will cause that to happen. Hardly a month goes by where this issue isn't brought up by WND. There's a difference between respectful disagreement and discourse and outright obsession.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

As yod and Dannyboy said, because this issue, despite the fact that Obama is President, is not resolved. His legitamicy as a U. S. citizen is still in question, and it has still not been proven beyond a reasonable doubt that he is a citizen. The saddest part is, it would be extremely simple for him to clear the matter up.

I think for most people it has been proved beyond a reasonable doubt. The Hawaiian Dept. of Records, and state officials confirmed its authenticity long ago. You know WND's founder is an avid conspiracy theorist about this specific issue. According to Wiki he's vowed to use this issue to "...drive a wedge in an already divided public."

you mean the same wikipedia that had it's credibility destroyed when it became known that what was posted there was the "opinions" of someone else, as is being stated here about World Net Daily?

Wiki was just a convenient source for the quote. This is a known fact, and I could have referenced any number of sites.

Seriously, this is such an open/shut case. Do you guys seriously believe that there's a vast conspiracy trying to cover this issue up in the media to keep Obama in office? Really?.....

Were the issue even an issue then we'd see media interest....but there is none. It appears that only WND, which is owned by a person who has vowed to "get Obama" on this issue, is reporting on it. WND is unreliable because of the seriously misled, serious bias against Barack Obama. Just read the headlines on the main page - the guy is obsessed with Obama.

WND is not a reliable source of information due to its serious "slant."

You are of course referring to the media that has given O'bama a pass on everything he has said or done since day one. the same "liberal" media that attacked Bush (I am not defending Bush here) for things that they are ignoring about O'bama. the same media that are not holding him accountable for his reversals, lies, and for his worldwide apology tour. repeatedly telling the world how bad we are and have been and while not holding him accountable for the thieves and liars he has appointed to his cabinet. the ones not holding him to following the Constitution drafted by this country, not a European constitution or a U.N. Charter.

that media??

I assume that you don't watch Fox News, or do you consider them to be part of a vendetta?

wouldn't it be fair to say that your statement that WND is NOT a reliable source of information due to it's serious "slant", is an opinion. I personally think that NBC, CBS, MSNBC, ABC, and all of the outlets recognized as being the major news outlets are guilty of seriously "slanting" of the news in an extreme liberal direction, which to me makes them an unreliable source for the news. which there are many that agree with me on that. so rather than debating who we personally think is the best source for the news why don't we stick to discussing the news that is posted and if someone thinks a subject has been beaten to death they are free to pass it by or to join in the debate about the thread posted. Good Idea?

Is Obama Irish? :noidea:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,292
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

If the issue will drive a wedge into an already divided public, then logically those who promote the issue will cause that to happen. Hardly a month goes by where this issue isn't brought up by WND. There's a difference between respectful disagreement and discourse and outright obsession.

Again...that doesn't change the fact that someone intentionally tried to change the context of the quote to make it appear that Farah was intent on dividing the country. No honest reading of the quote will show that to be true. Farah doesn't want to divide the country...nor is he trying to.

You and Farah have an opinion on the issue ("it")...different opinions...but still they are equally valid as opinions. What if I took your above opinion and disregarded the context and started telling people that you have said you will use this issue to "...drive a wedge into an already divided public." ??? That would be a complete misrepresentation of what you said. Farah was giving his opinion on the issue...and he said "it" (the issue) would drive a wedge. It is a complete misrepresentation to say otherwise...and then, to compound it with the claim that he has made it a "vow" that he would use "it"...

c'mon

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

Again...that doesn't change the fact that someone intentionally tried to change the context of the quote to make it appear that Farah was intent on dividing the country. No honest reading of the quote will show that to be true. Farah doesn't want to divide the country...nor is he trying to.

You and Farah have an opinion on the issue ("it")...different opinions...but still they are equally valid as opinions. What if I took your above opinion and disregarded the context and started telling people that you have said you will use this issue to "...drive a wedge into an already divided public." ??? That would be a complete misrepresentation of what you said. Farah was giving his opinion on the issue...and he said "it" (the issue) would drive a wedge. It is a complete misrepresentation to say otherwise...and then, to compound it with the claim that he has made it a "vow" that he would use "it"...

c'mon

Bottom line: Joseph Farah and those of his ilk (Those bent on "getting" Obama) are not trustworthy sources of information. By the way, where are you getting that Obama has spent $1 million on trying to keep his records shut? Does that come from any reliable source, or are you citing WND on that one too?

Earlier this year I found myself on the other side of this issue: I wanted to see Obama's birth certificate too - and I admit that I questioned the validity of what was presented. But honestly now this issue has reached the point where only a few persons of questionable mental stability have kept hounding the issue over and over again. I think about the lives these people must lead: Pacing about the house every night talking to themselves in frustration over Obama's birth certificate and records - his being President. They must really be miserable in their personal lives.

Obama's president now. Time to let it go already.

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

Ice Breaker! :)

What's one thing that God and Barack Obama really do have in common? Neither one of them has a birth certificate. Bada Bing! :noidea::laugh:

Thank you, thank you, I'll be here all week and the next in Hoboken. :P

Oh....you SO stole that from Rush! Shame on you! It's funny though. :24:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  2

As yod and Dannyboy said, because this issue, despite the fact that Obama is President, is not resolved. His legitamicy as a U. S. citizen is still in question, and it has still not been proven beyond a reasonable doubt that he is a citizen. The saddest part is, it would be extremely simple for him to clear the matter up.

I think for most people it has been proved beyond a reasonable doubt. The Hawaiian Dept. of Records, and state officials confirmed its authenticity long ago. You know WND's founder is an avid conspiracy theorist about this specific issue. According to Wiki he's vowed to use this issue to "...drive a wedge in an already divided public."

you mean the same wikipedia that had it's credibility destroyed when it became known that what was posted there was the "opinions" of someone else, as is being stated here about World Net Daily?

Wiki was just a convenient source for the quote. This is a known fact, and I could have referenced any number of sites.

Seriously, this is such an open/shut case. Do you guys seriously believe that there's a vast conspiracy trying to cover this issue up in the media to keep Obama in office? Really?.....

Were the issue even an issue then we'd see media interest....but there is none. It appears that only WND, which is owned by a person who has vowed to "get Obama" on this issue, is reporting on it. WND is unreliable because of the seriously misled, serious bias against Barack Obama. Just read the headlines on the main page - the guy is obsessed with Obama.

WND is not a reliable source of information due to its serious "slant."

You are of course referring to the media that has given O'bama a pass on everything he has said or done since day one. the same "liberal" media that attacked Bush (I am not defending Bush here) for things that they are ignoring about O'bama. the same media that are not holding him accountable for his reversals, lies, and for his worldwide apology tour. repeatedly telling the world how bad we are and have been and while not holding him accountable for the thieves and liars he has appointed to his cabinet. the ones not holding him to following the Constitution drafted by this country, not a European constitution or a U.N. Charter.

that media??

I assume that you don't watch Fox News, or do you consider them to be part of a vendetta?

wouldn't it be fair to say that your statement that WND is NOT a reliable source of information due to it's serious "slant", is an opinion. I personally think that NBC, CBS, MSNBC, ABC, and all of the outlets recognized as being the major news outlets are guilty of seriously "slanting" of the news in an extreme liberal direction, which to me makes them an unreliable source for the news. which there are many that agree with me on that. so rather than debating who we personally think is the best source for the news why don't we stick to discussing the news that is posted and if someone thinks a subject has been beaten to death they are free to pass it by or to join in the debate about the thread posted. Good Idea?

Is Obama Irish? :whistling:

I understand that, for St. Patrick's Day, the president had his name temporarily written as 'O'bama.' But the real spelling is 'Obama.'

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

Just wondering.... :whistling:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  2,009
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  3

Bottom line: Joseph Farah and those of his ilk (Those bent on "getting" Obama) are not trustworthy sources of information. By the way, where are you getting that Obama has spent $1 million on trying to keep his records shut? Does that come from any reliable source, or are you citing WND on that one too?

Earlier this year I found myself on the other side of this issue: I wanted to see Obama's birth certificate too - and I admit that I questioned the validity of what was presented. But honestly now this issue has reached the point where only a few persons of questionable mental stability have kept hounding the issue over and over again. I think about the lives these people must lead: Pacing about the house every night talking to themselves in frustration over Obama's birth certificate and records - his being President. They must really be miserable in their personal lives.

Coincidentally, the guy that shot up the holocaust museum had also published an article about how Obama didn't have a valid birth certificate.

Really, it is a belief that ordinarily would not have spread outside the lunatic fringe without an inordinate amount of media coverage.

Coincidentally, the guy that shot up the holocaust museum had also published an article about how Obama didn't have a valid birth certificate.

That is a dishonest broad brush you are using. Can I borrow it?

Joseph Stalin was pro-abortion....like Obama...like most Democrats....like you?

Really, it is a belief that ordinarily would not have spread outside the lunatic fringe without an inordinate amount of media coverage.

what media coverage?????

It would all stop in 5 minutes if a birth certificate were provided. Is it our fault that the President won't (or can't) produce a valid document proving eligibility? That is all that has ever been asked of him.

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

The birth certificate issue has had almost NO media coverage. Mostly because there's really nothing to the story and, partly, because the mainstream media is biased toward the left. You really cannot connect this shooter with those that believe the President's birth certificate is fake though. He's a White Supremacist, AntiSemitic nut job who killed a man; the people that believe the birth certificate stuff are just suspicious of anyone who is left of them. Big difference.