abbershay

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

I am amazed that this thread is continuing due to it degrading another ministry. May I suggest that the topic be inline with what someone like Benny teaches and not against him personally? We do not need to name names in order to discuss their beliefs.

What are the core beliefs that is bring brought forth?

Name it and claim it teachings.

Prosperity preaching.

I am Jesus teachings.

Adam having the ability to fly.

With one though, Adam could be on the moon.

That if you hold back from giving, you have the devils nature.

Saying that you are a Christian you are saying you are a little Christ here on this earth.

Touching someone who has the Holy Spirit is wrong and that you and your children will pay the price for you are playing with fire.

False prophesy.

These are just a few that is prevalent in such teaching, but are not limited to just one man.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

I am amazed that this thread is continuing due to it degrading another ministry. May I suggest that the topic be inline with what someone like Benny teaches and not against him personally? We do not need to name names in order to discuss their beliefs.

What are the core beliefs that is bring brought forth?

Name it and claim it teachings.

Prosperity preaching.

I am Jesus teachings.

Adam having the ability to fly.

With one though, Adam could be on the moon.

That if you hold back from giving, you have the devils nature.

Saying that you are a Christian you are saying you are a little Christ here on this earth.

Touching someone who has the Holy Spirit is wrong and that you and your children will pay the price for you are playing with fire.

False prophesy.

These are just a few that is prevalent in such teaching, but are not limited to just one man.

ok, i'm confused. i just looked up benny hinn's website, and there is nothing about any of these things under their statement of faith--or any other part that i saw. how do you know these are "core beliefs" of this and other ministries? if these are core beliefs, wouldn't they be stated on the website?

:b:

I never stated they were found in any statement of faith on any site, but teachings. It would be rather stupid to place such controversial statements in anyone's statement of faith. Core beliefs are what one teaches, are they not? I happen to of seen it on the videos made available. There are many more teachings like this that can be found from other men beside just one.

It would have nice to have received some consideration and response to my first post . . . . even a "naw, that's so off" would have been better than nothing.

Ok, I'll bite.

Here's a quote from your post.

But what if today we have those

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,072
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  5

Benny Hinn-

"Now are you ready for some real revelation knowledge? Okay. Now watch this. He [Jesus] laid aside His divine form--now these are the seven steps from the glory to the cross--He laid aside His divine form. Why? So one day I would be clothed on with the divine form. Kenneth Hagin has a teaching; alot of people have problems with it, yet it is absolute truth. Kenneth Copeland has a teaching; many Christians have poked holes in it, but it is divine truth. Hagin and Copeland say, 'You are god. Ye are god.' Ooh, I can't be god! Hold it! Let's bring balance to this teaching. The balance is being taught by Hagin. It is those who repeat him who mess it up. The balance is being taught by Copeland, who is my dear friend. But it is those that repeat what he says that are messing it up. You see there brother, when Jesus was on earth, the Bible says that first He disrobed Himself of the divine form. He, the limitless God, became a man that we, men, can become as He is."

From Tape #A031190-1,

Title: Our Position in Christ

Preached at the Orlando Christian Center

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  4,072
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  5

It would have nice to have received some consideration and response to my first post . . . . even a "naw, that's so off" would have been better than nothing.

Ok, I'll bite.

Here's a quote from your post.

But what if today we have those

Benny Hinn-

"Now are you ready for some real revelation knowledge? Okay. Now watch this. He [Jesus] laid aside His divine form--now these are the seven steps from the glory to the cross--He laid aside His divine form. Why? So one day I would be clothed on with the divine form. Kenneth Hagin has a teaching; alot of people have problems with it, yet it is absolute truth. Kenneth Copeland has a teaching; many Christians have poked holes in it, but it is divine truth. Hagin and Copeland say, 'You are god. Ye are god.' Ooh, I can't be god! Hold it! Let's bring balance to this teaching. The balance is being taught by Hagin. It is those who repeat him who mess it up. The balance is being taught by Copeland, who is my dear friend. But it is those that repeat what he says that are messing it up. You see there brother, when Jesus was on earth, the Bible says that first He disrobed Himself of the divine form. He, the limitless God, became a man that we, men, can become as He is."

From Tape #A031190-1,

Title: Our Position in Christ

Preached at the Orlando Christian Center

Thank you. :b:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

This question is true no matter what we are talking about in ministry. God is the one who converts people. He is the one who changes their hearts. He is the one who heals

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,273
  • Content Per Day:  4.86
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

So, since your response was sincere, then the appropriate conclusion that is not hypocritical is that you believe that God has indeed told many people to give to Benny Hinn's ministry.

I believe that there are many people who believe that God has told them to give to BH's ministry.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

God is the one through whom all healings come.... not benny hinn.... or his staff.

You gotit girl.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  53
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/08/1976

I'm with you on this one Believer. If Any healing was actually done, :thumbsup: God did it.

Brings an interesting question to mind - and no I don't know the answer!

Could satan (and I AM NOT refering to Benny Hinn or his ministry here!) effect complete healing through someone for his own pruposes? (and again, before the knives come out, if he can, I realise that this would not be true healing but something evil!)

I haven't read through all the posts, but this very question caught my eye. The seriousness of this question is what concerns me. So, could Satan heal? I don't think he can. Could he take a demon out of someone to serve his purpose,, maybe, but I don't think he does. And the reasons for my answer is this,,,,

Matthew 12:22

Then was brought to him one possessed with a devil, blind, and dumb: and he healed him, so that the blind and dumb both spoke and saw. 23 And all the people were amazed, and said, Is not this the son of David? 24 But when the Pharisees heard it, they said, This fellow does not cast out devils, but by Beelzebub the prince of the devils.

25 And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said to them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand: 26 And if Satan cast out Satan, he is divided against himself; how shall then his kingdom stand? 27 And if I by Beelzebub cast out devils, by whom do your children cast them out? therefore they shall be your judges. 28 But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come to you. 29 Or else how can one enter into a strong man's house, and spoil his goods, except he first bind the strong man? and then he will spoil his house.

30 He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathers not with me scatters abroad.

If anyone is healed at a Benny Hinn show, then it most certainly is God. Now,,, why would God use someone like Benny Hinn to heal someone? The reason for my answer that the Lord would is this,,,,,

Deuteronomy 13:3

If there arise among you a prophet, or a dreamer of dreams, and gives you a sign or a wonder, 2 And the sign or the wonder come to pass, whereof he spoke to you, saying, Let us go after other gods, which you have not known, and let us serve them; 3 You shall not listen to the words of that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams: for the LORD your God proves you, to know whether you love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul.

There are many others but these two come to mind every time I see things like this.

So, even if you touch a statue and you get healed, for what ever reason, it's still the Lord who healed you and not the statue. Or if a man heals you it's still not the man it's the Lord.

Can the Lord use even those who are not his children heal,,, I say yes no doubt and he does.