• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  48
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/14/1984

Maybe I am looking entirely too into things. But I am an extremely nervous person, so this obviously has me frazzled.

I wrote here a week or so ago about selling a Bible that I had, that was given to me. Everyone wrote back, said there was nothing wrong with selling a bible, but then I wrote that at the last minute, I was feeling convicted. So I took the auction down and had planned to just donate the bible. I was running low on cash, and decided to just put it back up for a quick sale since I wasn't hurting anything. I sold it, shipped it off, and things have not been going good!

First, the money was sent, and PayPal put a hold on my money that's been there for a week now. The hold won't be released until tomorrow (they claim it's a new policy).

One of my rescue dogs needed to see the vet, so I decided that I will put the money towards that. Then she gets sick, along with two of my other rescue dogs. I was like, boy that's not good...

Then lately I've been all concerned and just plain... well concerned and nervous, and really not all that happy. Guess I regret selling it, and should've donated it. I just can't shake that unhappiness feeling.

Then I had to type in the tracking number to PayPal to confirm it was shipped and delivered, and realized that the last 3 digits of the tracking number are three 6's, and that scared me.

To top it off, I live in a tiny town of a few hundred people. No one locks their doors, no thefts ever happen, everyone knows everyone... left my dog kennel out in the yard, go back to get it, and it was stolen earlier. Something that *never* happens here.

I am starting to feel very... nervous.

Did I do something so wrong by selling that extra Bible that I am being punished?? Or is it just a series of unfortunate events and I am looking way too into things?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

It is just a series of unfortunate events. There is nothing wrong with selling a Bible. Here is a challenge for you: Go into God's word and search diligently for Scripure where it forbides you to sell a Bible. Now, if you are feeling convicted for selling it rather than donating it to someone who may need it, that is between you and God. He may be urging you to reach out to someone who needs to hear the Good News of Salvation. If so, ask Him who that might be. Then, buy a Bible for them.

As far as the 666 on the tracking number, it means nothing except that it fell between 665 and 667. Again, go to your Bible and look of 666. You will see that it has nothing to do with tracking numbers or any other place where it might pop up.

Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore [and] six. Revelation 13:18

It is easy to read way too much into events that happen. Pray about it. Maybe God is trying to teach you a lesson in faith, or maybe all of these things just happened. But my feeling is that it has nothing to do with you selling a Bible.

<>< ><>

Nathele

It is just a series of unfortunate events. There is nothing wrong with selling a Bible. Here is a challenge for you: Go into God's word and search diligently for Scripure where it forbides you to sell a Bible. Now, if you are feeling convicted for selling it rather than donating it to someone who may need it, that is between you and God. He may be urging you to reach out to someone who needs to hear the Good News of Salvation. If so, ask Him who that might be. Then, buy a Bible for them.

As far as the 666 on the tracking number, it means nothing except that it fell between 664 and 665. Again, go to your Bible and look of 666. You will see that it has nothing to do with tracking numbers or any other place where it might pop us.

Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore [and] six. Revelation 13:18

It is easy to read way too much into events that happen. Pray about it. Maybe God is trying to teach you a lesson in faith, or maybe all of these things just happened. But my feeling is that it has nothing to do with you selling a Bible.

<>< ><>

Nathele

Thanks, I appreciate it. I feel better now. I do have the tendency to look into things sometimes more than what they are, but then I have people in my life that tried to tell me that selling it was a sin (something I already talked about here). So some people tend to fill my head with things.

I actually think, aside from the series of unfortunate events, that the Lord is pushing me to turn to his word a lot more than what I do currently. I think I'll go get ready to bed and curl up with God's word. :emot-hug:

I also wanted to mention that I do feel very convicted for selling it. I wish I had stuck to my original decision to just donate it. However, I have another one, and plan to donate it to a minister that contacted me, that does prison ministry.

• Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

Good plan! I remember the thread where you talked about the people telling you that it was wrong to sell it. There are many mis-truths that get passed around and they sound sort 0f right, but if you study your Bible you won't be taken in by others who are not speaking truth. We can all learn things, so just challenge them to show you Scripture to back up their claims. If God is urging you to give a Bible to a prison ministry, that is wonderful! But remember, too, that you sold your Bible to someone who wanted it. Perhaps they needed it.

So, read Scripture in context, and aske God to guide you.

<>< ><>

Nathele

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

its called living in the real world god does not punish no one for selling ther bible or even christian cds and dvds

we need to learn to draw near to god when this happens were we feel like this where nothing goes right and why does this always happen to me

mistakes can be made and thes mistakes are made by humens its normal to blame god or think i am being punished because of what i did or might have said i hear this all the time and i did this when i was young know i tend to just do this take what i am feeling lord and help me to deal with this with out loosing it

yesterday my small new lap top was playing up i nearly slamed it on the wall i had to walk away and just give what ever was going on to god i was on yahoo chatting and for some reason when i went to hit send it would not then the screen would freeze and it would say not responding and it always does this when i am chatting to my fiance who lives in the philippines lucky i have a good fiance she texed me and told me to calm down and she said she new what was happening

if i did what i wanted to do i would have to fork out $ 600 aud for another smal lap top like the one i have know store what i have saved so god stoped me from doing what my flesh wanted to do

be cooll and dont whip your self or say god is punishing me

damo1

• Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

I also wanted to mention that I do feel very convicted for selling it. I wish I had stuck to my original decision to just donate it. However, I have another one, and plan to donate it to a minister that contacted me, that does prison ministry.

Do you just have a lot of Bibles?? Be sure to retain one for you!! Blessings!! :laugh:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  139
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

I think maybe you are looking too much into this, hehe :laugh: Don't worry! Maybe there is someone you need to reach with the Gospel or give a Bible to, and that's why you feel this way? If so, seek God on it and find out what to do next!

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  43

I don't think there was anything wrong in selling your bible to somene who was probably hungry for God's word, and willing to pay for it.

We humans value things more when we pay for them.

You used the money to care for your animals not for your own needs. What's wrong with that?

This worrying that you do suggests to me that you are a sincere Christian, and genuine, trustworthy person.

I pray that you find the peace you deserve. :laugh:

Christofine

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  98
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,260
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

but then I wrote that at the last minute, I was feeling convicted. So I took the auction down and had planned to just donate the bible. I was running low on cash, and decided to just put it back up for a quick sale since I wasn't hurting anything. I sold it, shipped it off, and things have not been going good!

I don't see anything wrong with selling a bible, but I think (and this is my opinion only) that since you were convicted not to, I presume, I think you should have listened to the Holy Spirit's voice of conviction, donated the bible and trusted God to help you out on your shortage of funds.

In any event, I would tell the Lord I am sorry for not listening to His voice if you think you are being punished and rely on His Word to guide you. The Lord forgives. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 1 John 1:9

Then I had to type in the tracking number to PayPal to confirm it was shipped and delivered, and realized that the last 3 digits of the tracking number are three 6's, and that scared me.

I would not concern myself with superstition because you are a child of God, bought and paid for with the blood of Christ.

Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world. 1 John 4:4

Edited by nikki1