• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  65
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,066
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/02/1961

Hi---

This is just a general question. As some of you can see by my signature, I'm on Twitter. Lately I've been unfollowing and blocking people who have been using an overabundance of swear words, profanity, and references to sexual acts. My personal opinion is that I don't want to see these things in my tweets, and I'm just getting very tired of it. My question to you all is: am I doing the right thing, or am I projecting my Christianity on those people who just won't get the message? I don't want to offend anyone, but I also don't want to BE offended either.

Please tell me honestly. I could use some "backup" on this.

a.

Guest lovinghim4ever

You ARE doing the right thing.

I don't participate on twitter or other such sites for just that reason.

If that offends anyone . . . oh well, sorry . . . that's not my intention.

My intention is to keep myself right with God; whether others do the same or not.

There is never anything wrong with refusing filth.

There is never anything wrong with standing up for Godly beliefs.

And, there is certainly never anything wrong with putting Godly morals before offending someone.

Not that we set out to offend anyone, but we should never let our Godly morals be overridden by this world's filth.

Remember . . . "Shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness" (2 Timothy 2:16).

Christians are IN this world, but not OF this world.

Yes, you are doing the right thing.

:emot-hug::thumbsup:

Hi---

This is just a general question. As some of you can see by my signature, I'm on Twitter. Lately I've been unfollowing and blocking people who have been using an overabundance of swear words, profanity, and references to sexual acts. My personal opinion is that I don't want to see these things in my tweets, and I'm just getting very tired of it. My question to you all is: am I doing the right thing, or am I projecting my Christianity on those people who just won't get the message? I don't want to offend anyone, but I also don't want to BE offended either.

a.

You answered your own question.

If it bothers you, stay away from it.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

Hi---

a.

You're absolutely right, anitarose. If a host served you garbage on a plate wouldn't you excuse yourself and leave? We are not to surround ourselves with things of the world. I believe that worldly things become more acceptable if we allow them in our own space.

Guest lovinghim4ever
If a host served you garbage on a plate wouldn't you excuse yourself and leave? We are not to surround ourselves with things of the world. I believe that worldly things become more acceptable if we allow them in our own space.

Garbage on a plate? :emot-hug:

Good one!

I'll have to remember this one!

:thumbsup::emot-hug:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

Hi---

a.

Since I have no clue how Twitter works, I don't know how to answer.

Hi---

a.

Since I have no clue how Twitter works, I don't know how to answer.

If someone kept calling or emailing you, and you were offended by what they were saying, and you had the ability to block those calls or emails, would you do it?

Guest lovinghim4ever
If someone kept calling or emailing you, and you were offended by what they were saying, and you had the ability to block those calls or emails, would you do it?

Yes I would! In a heart beat!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  168
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

You ARE doing the right thing.

I don't participate on twitter or other such sites for just that reason.

If that offends anyone . . . oh well, sorry . . . that's not my intention.

My intention is to keep myself right with God; whether others do the same or not.

There is never anything wrong with refusing filth.

There is never anything wrong with standing up for Godly beliefs.

And, there is certainly never anything wrong with putting Godly morals before offending someone.

Not that we set out to offend anyone, but we should never let our Godly morals be overridden by this world's filth.

Remember . . . "Shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness" (2 Timothy 2:16).

Christians are IN this world, but not OF this world.

Yes, you are doing the right thing.

:horse::laugh:

Amen, and Amen! I do not participate in such filth because it does not honor my Father who saved me from my sin. I even go so far as so ask people who are swearing in public (such as teenagers in restaurants...don't get me started on that story, lol) to please stop swearing and save it for when they are in their private homes.

Where did common decency, respect, and manners go, anyway??

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  630
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  03/09/1990

Where did common decency, respect, and manners go, anyway??

What are those? :horse: