• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,079
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  5

I agree with Eric's view also.

There is no advantage in Christians simply not reading ANYTHING because it might somehow tarnish their faith. Yet they spend all day watching the crap on TV.

This book is a positive work that I think will indeed work to bring many people to Christ. I mean we are arguing about its depiction of the Trinity in this instance, and all freaked out because one part of the Trinity presents itself as a women, however, the book goes on to say that the nature of God in the Trinity IS as a Father and male, God can show Himself however He chooses; but in this book at least it shows a Trinity, it seems to be the fashion today for Evangelicals to reject the Trinity as being too Catholic.

The coming apostasy which I now see invading the Evangelical Churches is a rejection of the Trinity, from that perspective this book is a very very good thing in fighting that heresy.

So odd to even think that the truth could be defended by an admitted work of fiction.

:emot-handshake:

That alone seems to be a very dangerous exaltation . . .

><> ><> What is Fiction but the inner feelings/inspiration/experience of the writter????????????

A fable?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  57
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I haven't read The Shack, but I have family members - conservative Christians - who read it and were incredibly blessed. It's a fiction book, and yes there might be some things in there that are not exactly mainstream. But like any time you read fiction, it's not the details you should be worrying about. It's the overall message.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  196
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  12/15/1935

My last words?? Part 1

On the subject of ''The Shack''; for those who might won

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  196
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  12/15/1935

Part 2

M88k A8888888nder (A brother in the Lord.)

I think this book contains flashes of insight into some key aspects of spiritual reality/truth not often recognized by even the best of Christians, yet crucial to them and to this generation generally.

Most Christians, if they think back along thei...r spiritual journey, will see that God has communicated with them through a very wide variety of ways and means far beyond the confines of church buildings, Christian meetings and

• Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  444
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  10/29/1966

Leviticus 10

The Death of Nadab and Abihu

1 Aaron's sons Nadab and Abihu took their censers, put fire in them and added incense; and they offered unauthorized fire before the LORD, contrary to his command. 2 So fire came out from the presence of the LORD and consumed them, and they died before the LORD. 3 Moses then said to Aaron, "This is what the LORD spoke of when he said:

" 'Among those who approach me

I will show myself holy;

in the sight of all the people

I will be honored.' " Aaron remained silent.

Watch out for strange fire whether in a book, or song. or person beware of strange fire!

p.s yes i have read the book. No i would not recommend it to young Christians in Christ.

Your humble friend in Christ. joe

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  1,345
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/10/1961

Rev 22 :18 +19 We are warned not to add or take away from anything in the bible.

James 3:1 "let not many of you become teachers, knowing we shall recieve stricter judgement". (Fiction is still designed to impart teaching or influence.)

1 Jn 4:1 " Test the spirits to see if they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world"

1 Tim 1:4 " nor give heed to fables"

2 Tim 4:4 "they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned away to fables"

2 Thess 2:3 "let no one decieve you by any means, for that day will come untill the falling away comes first, and thr man of sin be revealed"

Math 7:21 " Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven"

7:23 "And then i will declare, 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!' = (Things against the known will of God)

Rom 14:23 " But he who doubts is condemned if he eats, because he does not eat from faith; for whatever is not from faith is sin".

If something is even doubtful it is unlawful (sin) for us unless and untill our conscience is clear. IMO The Shack is easily doubtful and thats enough because it

toys with the character of the infinately holy God of the universe, who has already chosen to reveal Himself sufficiently through His word, and His only begotten Son Jesus Christ.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

It is a work of fiction. It does not claim to be adding or taking away anything to or from the Bible.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  1,884
  • Content Per Day:  0.25

It is a work of fiction. It does not claim to be adding or taking away anything to or from the Bible.

I see this is going on.

As EricH stated, it is fiction. It is a novel. Either read it or don't.

I read it a few months ago, as a novel, not as the Bible.

Any other books ya'll can tear down? Pilgrims Progress?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  613
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  04/02/1959

If these books are only fiction then why do they spend all sunday school classes going over them and other so called fiction books in church instead of the bible.....onlyfiction but promoted in the House of God........

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  4,079
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  5

I see this is going on.

As EricH stated, it is fiction. It is a novel. Either read it or don't.

I read it a few months ago, as a novel, not as the Bible.

Any other books ya'll can tear down? Pilgrims Progress?

It is like the athlete saying who says its not that far to swim or heavy to lift. How does that relate to the untrained?

2Ti 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

Where did John Bunyan add to the identity of the Godhead?