IGNORED

Mary's appearence at fatima

Guest dollface

Guest LadyC

my guess, jaime, is that the accomplish two things... profound faith in mary, and distraction from Jesus.

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,026
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

my guess, jaime, is that the accomplish two things... profound faith in mary, and distraction from Jesus.

Right, when God sent a messenger there was a direct word from God, nothing mysticle about it.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,156
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

my guess would be that she desires ALL people to come to know and trust in her Son, our Lord Jesus Christ! After all, scripture says that her soul magnifies the Lord (Luke 1:46) ... I'd guess that it STILL DOES!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  3,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Birthday:  05/16/1962

she desires ALL people to come to know and trust in her Son, our Lord Jesus Christ! After all, scripture says that her soul magnifies the Lord (Luke 1:46)

So if Mary's duty is to bring honor to her son, can we approach him directly without her help? :t2:

So if Mary's duty is to bring honor to her son, can we approach him directly without her help? :o

well of course... :t2:

So if Mary's duty is to bring honor to her son, can we approach him directly without her help?  :t2:

well of course... :t2:

So I can be a faithful Christian without praying the Rosary, or bowing down to her statue, etc.? :t2:

So I can be a faithful Christian without praying the Rosary

has anyone ever said that is what it takes to be a 'faithful Christian'? Of course you can, and obviously you are a faithful Christian with a very deep love for our Lord.

As far a bowing down to her statue, I'm not sure what you mean by that? Are you being sarcastic? Nonetheless, loving Mary most certainly will not hurt your walk with our Lord! Peace, Steve. :il:

Are you being sarcastic? Nonetheless, loving Mary most certainly will not hurt your walk with our Lord!

Nope. :t2: Dead serious.

I meet a lot of people who tell me that I should have a great devotion to Mary. But then when I try to pin them down to specifics, they start backpedaling because they have never really thought it through.

Are you being sarcastic?  Nonetheless, loving Mary most certainly will not hurt your walk with our Lord!

Nope. :t2: Dead serious.

I meet a lot of people who tell me that I should have a great devotion to Mary. But then when I try to pin them down to specifics, they start backpedaling because they have never really thought it through.

Our personal relationship with Christ is just that...'personal'. If people are telling you that you SHOULD be doing this, or SHOULD be doing that, then they are not clearly understanding that we're ALL on a journey and God is working on ALL of us, and we're ALL at a different place in our journey towards our true home. If they can share WHY they feel that having a deep devotion to Mary has helped them to know her Son more intimately, then I'm not against that. But just to say someone HAS to do this or that is not the most convincing way. That's like telling someone who is athiest that they MUST believe in God, JUST BECAUSE. Sort of an empty story. Peace, steve! :t2:

If people are telling you that you SHOULD be doing this, or SHOULD be doing that, then they are not clearly understanding that we're ALL on a journey

I don't have a problem with people preaching "musts" and "shoulds". Jesus preached this all the time. I just don't get the Mary thing...