ayin jade

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,292
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0

Nobody said they didn't have the right to carry, some of us just think it was an idiot move. What did it benefit anyone? If there is no obvious benefit why do it? All this accomplished was to probably get these peoples names on some kind of watch list.

I don't get why a person carrying a gun has to have some type of benefit attached to it. You should be WAY MORE concerned about the fact that you are probably right that they are now on some gov't watchlist. That is the real crime here. Americans who exercise their rights shouldn't have to worry about winding up on some gov't list...or being called idiots by their fellow citizens.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

I can appreciate and respect the right to carry weapons and have them in your possession with the proper training, use, etc. I also respect the rights of others to feel uncomfortable with weapons in some of these public settings. I'm not necessarily comfortable with people carrying weapons - especially in my professional arena... I have already had an irate person with a licensed gun in my office and who was later detained for his threats against the staff... I'm not saying everyone who carries a weapon is unstable or establishing an authority issue - I'm just saying it's a little unsettling to me. Blessings.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  117
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Because I can, is a childish reason for doing anything. If these people feared violence might break out and their lives be in danger, fine. Did any of them give a reason for carrying other than it was their right? To carry an assualt rifle on your back, presumably loaded, where any kid or thug could walk up and pull the trigger is stupid. It's an exercise in poor judgement for the fact that if an accident did occur, how much more firepower does that give the gun rights opponents?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  2,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  11/05/1985

It depends on the context in my opinion. If the context is gun control or gun rights, fine I totally see why people would be carrying around guns and expressing their right to bear arms.

I don't really get the point of carrying something like an assault rifle though if Obama wasn't talking about gun rights (was he?).

I mean... if the protest was about health care or something like that, wouldn't waving guns around seem kinda...threatening? If I was in a two sided debate and one side was carrying a bunch of firearms, I don't think I would want to speak my mind for fear of angering them. In that context, carrying a gun is really more of a detriment to free speech since it would be coercive.

But admittedly I don't know what the rally was about, so it could be totally fine.

The constitution doesn't say you can only carry a gun in the "right context." lol. We have the right to "keep and bear" arms! 24/7/365...

And who said anything about "waving guns around." The gun was properly strapped with the muzzle downward. NOT threatening in the least.

Just because we have a right to something doesn't mean every situation is cause to exert that right. I acknowledge that everyone has a right to carry a gun regardless of context, but some situations are stupid times to exert those rights.

If this speech of Obama's wasn't dealing with gun rights, then I think this was a stupid time to exert those rights, granted the right still exists... and I suppose people have the right to be stupid! :wacko:

Just because we have a right to something doesn't mean every situation is cause to exert that right. I acknowledge that everyone has a right to carry a gun regardless of context, but some situations are stupid times to exert those rights.

If this speech of Obama's wasn't dealing with gun rights, then I think this was a stupid time to exert those rights, granted the right still exists... and I suppose people have the right to be stupid! :noidea:

Well I'm sure the libs just can't wait to give us a list of when we can, or cannot, exercise our rights.

"Sorry Sir, its just a really stupid time for you to be exercising your freedoms right now." LOL!!!

Uh...wow...who would be silly enough to carry an unloaded firearm?

You don't have to like it...you don't need to approve...and you can call names. The fact is, libs would remove this FREEDOM in a split second if they could...so nobody is really seeking their approval anyway.

Because I can, is a childish reason for doing anything. If these people feared violence might break out and their lives be in danger, fine. Did any of them give a reason for carrying other than it was their right? To carry an assualt rifle on your back, presumably loaded, where any kid or thug could walk up and pull the trigger is stupid. It's an exercise in poor judgement for the fact that if an accident did occur, how much more firepower does that give the gun rights opponents?

LoL...yeah because they were almost on our side on the gun-rights issue...then this guy goes and gives them 'firepower.'

I don't seem to be able to make you understand...They don't have to give a reason! It is ridiculous to have all these incremental rules and regs. placed on our consitutional rights. I hate to say it Bro...but you are almost a cooked frog. They are slowly turning up the heat on MANY of our rights and slowly but surely people are forgetting we have rights at all.

When you start agreeing with them that American citizens have to have a reason, or excuse, or timeframe in which to exercise their constitutional rights...you've almost lost. Fortunately, for you, you can see other frogs jumping out of the water before its too late...you should jump out too.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  117
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Do you think I would vote for Ron Paul if I didn't believe in the Constitution? I'm trying to help you and all you can do is lambaste me. Are you to narrow minded to see that if one of these idiots goes to a meeting and kills someone (even accidentally) that our Democrat Congress will yank our rights so fast it will make your head spin. But hey it's our right. These meetings and carrying guns to them is pointless. Obama and the Dems are in there and the only thing you can do is vote them out in 2010. But no lets all go arm ourselves and go to this useless meeting and see if we can't get our rights revoked before 2010.

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  4,074
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  5

The right to carry guns, fine, it is in US law. But to carry one near the nation's leader, and in a crowd of innocent people is just plain provocative and crazy! There are more mature ways to prove a point! If he had been walking around outside a school what would have happened to him? Whats the difference?

Crazy I say, crazy!

Maybe he was making a point . . . not proving one.

Like why we have the founding fathers gave us the right and freedom in the first place that is now in jeopardy . . .

Personally, I believe he would have been arrested if he had been a white man . . . would played well in the news . . .

Then the law is an ass! (don't know where that came from but it is a quote). It is crazy to walk in a crowd of people with an assult rifle! Needs his head examined! Again, is outside a school, your childrens schools, OK? Or in a shopping mall, or in a childrens playground. Lord preserve me! Crazy!

Welcome to America. "Love It or Leave It" (don't know where it came from but it is a quote) There are plenty of countries where you can not carry. I like the fact that I live in a country where the rights and freedoms of the individuals is still protected.

I remember kids with their shotguns hanging in the back of their pickups at school . . . every boy had a pocket knife.

yet our freedoms and rights are steadily being eroded and taken away because everyone buys into the "It's not appropriate" argument. That's about as sound as the argument that if you're not doing anything wrong than why can't the government know what your doing . . . and ask you where are you going . . . and why . . . .

What freedom and right are we going to stand up for . . . free cable tv?

Well I'm sure the libs just can't wait to give us a list of when we can, or cannot, exercise our rights.

"Sorry Sir, its just a really stupid time for you to be exercising your freedoms right now." LOL!!!

Uh...wow...who would be silly enough to carry an unloaded firearm?

You don't have to like it...you don't need to approve...and you can call names. The fact is, libs would remove this FREEDOM in a split second if they could...so nobody is really seeking their approval anyway.

Nice the way the interview badgered him and wouldn't let answer the questions right away . . .

I didn't see this guy with the side arm, the guy on our local news was a black man with an assault rifle barrel down hung over his shoulder.